Anime cons...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Anime cons...

Post by GhaleonOne »

This is weird. I found out that Saturday there's an anime convention/festival here in friggin' Wichita, KS. I didn't think stuff like this ever happened in Wichita.

http://afw.peterpixieproductions.com/

Are there more anime cons out there than I realized? I'm not a huge anime fan, more of just a game fan, but I saw this as the frontpage of our local newspaper yesterday, and was shocked to find out about it.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

There aren't a lot of major cons, most of which occur along the eastern or western seaboard, and only in major cities. But for minor cons (which can be anything from 100 to 1000 attendees), there are quite a few. You'd have to be careful, though... a few of the small ones are more like a bunch of folks getting together to drink, watch anime, drink, and watch gratuitous cosplay. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: Anime cons...

Post by drumlord »

GhaleonOne wrote:I'm not a huge anime fan, more of just a game fan, but I saw this as the frontpage of our local newspaper yesterday, and was shocked to find out about it.

Hey, don't sugar coat your opinions, Mr. I "HATE" anime :P

There, your dirty little secret is out. The only way for you to save face now is to admit how awesome it is and watch it every day as penance for not caring when I launched AniDis ;)
-Rich-

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Which is how a majority of the people I knew in town that liked anime would be. I don't plan on going personally. I just thought it was strange hearing about an anime convention even in Wichita.
-G1

Scorpioeyez
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Scorpioeyez »

Oh there are anime cons everywhere. Glascow, Scotland recently hosted their first ever anime con. But yeah, the major ones are held on the eastern and western seaboards, mostly in the New England area.
~ Webmaster of OtakuReview ~