A few of her favorite things...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Pisces
Threadkiller
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

A few of her favorite things...

Post by Pisces »

I'm writing notes for the eulogy speech I'm giving at Nicole's funeral, and I just wanted to share some things about her...some of you may know some of these things, but I know that no one knows all of these...

-Her favorite colors were light green and sugar pink

-Her favorite anime/manga character ever was Sorata from X; she had a plushie of this character that she treasured

-She had a very unique singing voice...her voice was never strong, it was always soft and gentle - but it had a very clear quality to it, very caressing and sweet...she always put an edge of emotion into the words she sang, that you could hear at the beginning of syllables, here and there

-She and I sang together at two weddings - one was for her father, who was re-marrying, and the other was for our friends, Chris and T.J. Blunk. We also swing danced at her dad's wedding, and everyone applauded

-Nearly half of my plays that I've written have a role or character in them that was either based off her, or written for her play...I even have a short play called "The Coley and Zeromus Show". She had such a personality and comical way to her, that inspiration just flowed into me and characters just burst forth

-Some of her favorite bands/singers included X-Japan, Violent Femmes, The Andrews Sisters, Nina Gordon, Elaine Paige and No Doubt

-Her favorite dessert was Boston Creme Pie

-Her favorite movie was a little-known comedy called Bottle Rocket, by Wes Anderson, who later (after he became better known) made The Royal Tenenbaums and The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou

-Her favorite film director was Martin Scorcese

-Her favorite RPG was Grandia II

-She loved boys with dark hair and green eyes

-Her favorite cologne for men was "Pleasures"

-She used to play the cello when she was younger

-She had a beautiful and uncommon middle name - Reannin

-She had a fun and quirky sense of humor, and a wonderful, infectious laugh. She and I would spend hours driving places just saying the dumbest things, trying to make each other laugh.

-She and I were roommates for a while, a few years ago. While she was my roommate, she had a hard time finding work. So I mostly paid the bills (I was doing that before she moved in anyway) and felt bad, so she was always cleaning things and making dinner all the time. We joked that we were like a married couple, and we had this ongoing joke -- I would come home from work and she'd be in the kitchen, and I would look at her and go "Where's muh dinner, woman?!" and she'd turn with a French knife raised in her fist and shout, "GET OUT OF MY KITCHEN!"

-Some of her many nicknames that others called her included Coley, Coley Lou, Corey Roo, Goddess Colimu, Rea, and Destalia - Evil Queen of the Evil Faeries

-Her favorite musical was "Chess", which she always wanted to see made into a film - so did I. And I and Don (her ex-boyfriend/roommate) still intend to make it into one, some day.
"Let man's petty nations tear themselves apart; my land's only borders lie around my heart."

-Tim Rice, from the song "Anthem" in the musical Chess

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Thank you very much for that Eric.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Greensky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Greensky »

I never knew her from the forums, but I saw her cosplay pictures and I've been reading about her here, so she sounded like a great person. It's very sad when these things happen in life. :cry:

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

That was nice of you, to share that information with us Eric. This really must be draining for you, so I sincerely wish you strength going through this. Having never met either of you, I imagined some of the things you've said, along with your interactions with one another. I'm very sorry for your loss, and Nicole will be singing from the heavens for you to hear.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Re: A few of her favorite things...

Post by Sonic# »

-She and I were roommates for a while, a few years ago. While she was my roommate, she had a hard time finding work. So I mostly paid the bills (I was doing that before she moved in anyway) and felt bad, so she was always cleaning things and making dinner all the time. We joked that we were like a married couple, and we had this ongoing joke -- I would come home from work and she'd be in the kitchen, and I would look at her and go "Where's muh dinner, woman?!" and she'd turn with a French knife raised in her fist and shout, "GET OUT OF MY KITCHEN!"

This one really made me laugh, Eric. Thanks for that. :) All of them, in fact. Especially the description of the singing voice, as well.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, the singing voice was a good one. I actually remember her saying she wanted to do voice acting for Working Designs years ago. Then found out how much it paid. :P I do remember her having a nice voice though. I think she sent me a sample of her singing once.
-G1

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

Sonic# wrote:

This one really made me laugh, Eric. Thanks for that. :) All of them, in fact. Especially the description of the singing voice, as well.

My sentiments exactly. :)

Thanks, Eric.

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

Awesome stuff Eric. I knew much but not all of that.

Pisces wrote:-She and I were roommates for a while, a few years ago.

Ha! I told you so Mickey :P
-Rich-

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Ha! I told you so Mickey

? I'm confused?
-G1

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Very thoughtful of you, Eric :)
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

At one time I was thinking about doing voiceovers at Working Designs, but Vic told me the pay wouldn't be enough for me to move out there. Needless to say, I didn't waste my time. Funny that Nicole had an interest in it as well.

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

GhaleonOne wrote:
Ha! I told you so Mickey

? I'm confused?

I said they were roommates before and you said no
-Rich-

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Oh, I didn't even remember, though I didn't know they were, so I'm sure you're right.

One other thing I remember about her, she would always say the word neat. When I first met her, she said she didn't use words like "cool", but instead used the word "neat". I can't remember her reasoning, but it was something that always stood out.
-G1

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by drumlord »

She told me I watched too much South Park because I always used (and still use) the word "Sweet".
-Rich-