Words to Coley?

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Jenner
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Words to Coley?

Post by Jenner »

Because the Car Pool thing doesn't seem to be working and so many of us still wish to have things said at Coley's funeral, but just can't make it. I think all of Lunar-Net that wishes it should be represented at this Funeral.

I was thinking of a group card to her family, and hopefully getting a print out of things we'd like to say (just a short things, like the Poll of Souls, we don't want to hog the funeral) and have someone who's going to the funeral present the card to the family and read our messages.

Is anyone up for the reading/presenting?

We can post up our words these next two days.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Pisces
Threadkiller

Post by Pisces »

Jenn,

If you need to send anything to anyone, you can contact me. I can give you either my address or Nicole's mom's address.
"Let man's petty nations tear themselves apart; my land's only borders lie around my heart."

-Tim Rice, from the song "Anthem" in the musical Chess

Wolfman_Samurai
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Wolfman_Samurai »

I wish I could be there in person but being Florida.... you know.

I would like to leave these words with the family:

I never knew Nicole in person but from the words she expressed I knew she was a wise and kind person. You are all in my prayers.
-Mike Harrington Tampa, Florida

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Um, don't forget who created the Poll of the Souls. <------ :wink:

I haven't been around the site much until now, so I wasn't here to get to know Coley. It's very unfortunate to see someone's picture along with what they post, and then come to find out they've passed away. I may not have known her, but I think expressing her qualities in a Poll of the Souls will give respect to her having been a part of these forums, and for some of you a closer impact.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, I always forget the original Poll of the Souls originated from the old Lunar Threads. We kinda adopted it here every year, as it was such a good idea. I'll wait before posting mine, as I'd like to take a little more time to think of what to say.
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Well I'm glad it's been put to use, and has not become a forgotten art. Sometimes the smallest bit of optimism, or ray of light can be expressed about someone which in turn can make all the difference when something good is there to lift them up.

Btw, on a lighter note I expect royalties! :P

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

I'm with Mickey...I need a little more time to think what to say. Words fail me right now.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Nicole was always giving, she sent me tapes of good music, a Dreamcast keyboard, and she even sent me a picture of her birthday cake with Makona on it. She paid out of her pocket to bring me down to Nebraska to watch Beyond the Valley of the Dolls. Coley was always thinking of others, the world is worse off without her.
Last edited by Jenner on Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Here's mine for the card (I'll keep it short so others have room):

Coley was a great friend who was kind to everyone. She cared so much for others that I think she forgot to care about herself sometimes. I'm sure I'll see you again Coley!
-G1

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

Here's mine:

Nicole was an amazing woman, with such a great sense of humor. I honestly wish I got to know her better, but I'm glad I had the time I was given. Rest in peace, Coley. I'll see you again. - Sarah Albright

Undine
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Undine »

Em, you can add this if you're collecting sentiments...

When I just started playing the online game Final Fantasy XI, Coley's character would be on another virtual continent, and she would run all the way across the world to get to where I was (this took her maybe a real time hour which was probably rather boring). She didn't have to do this, but she did it just so that I could have company and grow stronger.

That was very cheesy, but my point was to give an example of how she could go out of her way doing things that seem meaningless just to be a friendly, helpful, good person, and how she put so much effort into things she cared about.

Well you can paraphrase it to make it sound better.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

I can't really say anything that does her justice, but, for what it's worth, she was a very wonderful and artictic woman with a great sense of humor.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

"Coley was a friend, mentor, and brightly shinning star in my life. She was the first person to talk to me online that didn't think I was completely insane. She treated me, like with everyone else in her life, with kindness and generosity and always seemed to have the ability to make me laugh, even in the most difficult of situations. I only wish I had the pleasure to have met such a wonderful person as Coley face-to-face. The star I knew her as in life will never fade, she will always be shining brightly in my memory."

Might be a tad bit cheesy, but I think it's appropriate and after a lot of thought...I decided that that was what Coley was to me...a star. Untouchable to me at the time because I didn't know her besides pictures and words on a computer, but she was always there...bringing happiness and laughter....Someone I always looked forward to seeing and talking to.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Coley was terrific. Her humor showed a sublime ability to laugh at stuff, with people, and not the other way around. I feel blessed to have known such a funny, caring spark.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Rego
Student of Vane

Post by Rego »

"For God so loved the world," is all that fits. God loves Coley even in her time despite what ever mistakes she made or we made, we must believe and trust everything is better and right. Since God loves so should we.