Teen parents.

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Teen parents.

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

That's okay. Only someone stupid enough to get pregnant and try to raise a child in their teen years actually does much arguing back on how retarded it is. It's a big detriment to society, though.

Theta
Nanza Bandit

Post by Theta »

Anyone who comits suicide is absolutely pathetic. If reality is too cruel for you, we do NOT need you. Cry in a corner if it is so harsh. If you take yourself out, the only person I feel bad for is the poor guy who has to clean up.
Dokken does not like chicken, and wants to destroy it. Protect your chicken from Dokken.

Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Blue_Sycro »

I may be jumping in kind of late in the game here, but I wanted to add something quickly so long as we're talking Bible verses.

1 John 4:8 - "God is love"

1 Corinthians 13 - "Love keeps no record of wrongs"

Take from this what you will, it's just a little something from the Bible I always found intriguing. Whatever. I'm not here.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Theta wrote:Anyone who comits suicide is absolutely pathetic. If reality is too cruel for you, we do NOT need you. Cry in a corner if it is so harsh. If you take yourself out, the only person I feel bad for is the poor guy who has to clean up.
Awesome

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
Theta wrote:Anyone who comits suicide is absolutely pathetic. If reality is too cruel for you, we do NOT need you. Cry in a corner if it is so harsh. If you take yourself out, the only person I feel bad for is the poor guy who has to clean up.
Awesome
In October of last year I attempted suicide. It landed me in the hospital for a week. The reasons for my actions weren't because I found life oh so hard and miserable. Rather that I found life too boring and lacking excitement. We all die in the end, what's the point of struggling and working your ass off for nothing? Why not just go now?
Given, I realize it's up to the individual to make their life interesting. I just didn't see anything going for me and I did NOT want to be stuck in an office most of my life. It was a rash move I made as a teenager. I had plenty of time to think about how stupid it was on my part during the week in the hospital. But please don't assume everyone commits suicide for the same reason. It's all very personal and not everyone does it because they're weak or find life too unbearable.

EDIT: Oh, and I also want to make it clear that I'm not sharing my experience for attention. I'd hate to be accused of that, because I actually feel really embarrassed about the whole thing. (First of all, suicide is a stupid choice. Second of all, I didn't manage to pull it off. There's a level of shame on both accounts.)
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

Theta wrote:If reality is too cruel for you, we do NOT need you.
My family needed my brother-in-law, who just took his own life 17 days ago. (yeah, it's kind of a sore topic.)

Most on this board would argue that we needed a former member of this board.

And we still need LuNaRtIc.

(*hugs* Glad you're okay!)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Yeah, sorry to hear you went through that, Shannon. And while it sounds like you've figured things out for yourself, you know if you ever need a friend to talk to, most anyone on these boards would be there, even if it is just friends off an internet message board. Just remember, you have a lot to offer this world!
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

You know, before the ambulance and police showed up, the crisis center I was talking to said that you can never put a price on life. Um, my $40,000 debt in medical bills says otherwise, so you can put a price on life. What you can't put a price on, is the person you know and love. They are irreplacible, gone forever, never to share again in their triumphs or their losses, their laughs or their tears.

People who commit suicide aren't stupid, nor is the world better off without them (Hitler not withstanding). Perhaps it is a stupid choice, made when someone just isn't thinking correctly. If I didn't survive my many attempts (Yes, I even fail at that), what would have become of my family? What of my little brother, or my niece? What if my choice to end my life would keep my sister from ever hooking up with the guy who got her pregnant? My niece would have never existed. What of those who are working under me now, they are struggling to pay their bills. I have kept them employeed, despite my old boss who would have tossed them to the street. What would have become of them had I not been around to protect them? Or, perhaps they would have all won the lottery, and my very existence totally ruined that. Hah!

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

NOTE: Benevolent_Ghaleon banned for earlier comments on this thread. Those comments have since been deleted.

Just so that no one is wondering. That is all. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I didn't even know...but can you PM me what it was that got him banned? I just want to know what it takes to get banned...

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

No, sorry; if we were willing to send it around, it would be the same as leaving the comments up here. Everything is spelled out in the rules, however (under the Announcements forum). Additionally, we usually warn someone first well before taking any action. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

meg
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by meg »

is this a permanent ban or a temporary one?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Permanent. Between this and all the other little stuff, he got plenty of fair warning.
-G1

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:Permanent. Between this and all the other little stuff, he got plenty of fair warning.
Aye. I'd keelhaul him if'n I had a keel ta haul him on. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shin Otaku III
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Shin Otaku III »

Aaron wrote:what it was that got him banned? I just want to know what it takes to get banned...
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolling

I called this for what it was a bit ago:
Shin Otaku III wrote:I believe Jenner attempted to derail the topic at first, because everything that needed to be said has already been established. If you and Aaron want to continue to nit-pick and attempt to find counter-examples to everything, then I would consider this topic past page 3 nothing more than feeding the troll(s) with rehashed arguments that have already been answered.

-Shin Otaku III
The difference between you and B_G is you were more tactful about your counter arguments.
Also, @mods
I've been a long time lurker of the Lunarthreads, and I know you guys don't tolerate much. I was actually surprised that this went on as long as it did. AND sorry this post isn't pertaining to the subject. :o

-Shin Otaku III

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

how was I trolling?

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I don't think Aaron's been a troll like B_G was. He actually contributes to the board. I just don't happen to agree with him on most of the more heated debates currently raging on the board.

B_G, however, has been nothing but rude since the day he showed up here. I can't think of anything genuinely positive he's contributed. And as for these last comments that finally got him banned, I saw them before they were deleted, and they were much worse than anything I can recall seeing on this board. They don't bear repeating and they absolutely warranted a ban.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Shin Otaku III wrote:Also, @mods
I've been a long time lurker of the Lunarthreads, and I know you guys don't tolerate much. I was actually surprised that this went on as long as it did. AND sorry this post isn't pertaining to the subject. :o

-Shin Otaku III
I really wanted to give the guy a fair shake, but honesty, he just kept pushing. He knew we had a policy of not linking out to ISO/ROM sites and such, and he did it numerous times. I kept explaining to him that, having been used as the official site twice for the series, why in the hell do you think we'd want that on the boards? Then I woke up and saw that crap he posted yesterday morning, with numerous complaints and people having tagged the post for moderation, and I banned him. It wasn't Kiz or Sonic, though I'm sure they would have too. I don't know why he thought he could get away with what he posted.

Anyways, case closed, I don't want this to be a thread that starts ragging on a guy that can't defend himself anymore.
-G1

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Avast! All conversation o' this nature be stoppin' here and now. Tha captain has spoken an' his word be kept. Goin' against it be like sailin' due north into a southerly wind, mateys. Get yer bearings and sail the course.

@Aaron - Ye be no troll, lad. B_G was a troll as sure as bilge is messy. Ye can be still as winds in a doldrum, matey.
@Shin - B_G be a troll, but that not be the reason he be banned. Specific harassment o' me shipmates be the reason fer makin' him walk the plank.
@ilmg - Aye, that be the cause. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Theta
Nanza Bandit

Post by Theta »

Although I have no idea who this dead member of the forums was, I hope they did not leave too much to be cleaned up.

And now, I think I will leave you all for awhile. Farewell and blessed be.
Dokken does not like chicken, and wants to destroy it. Protect your chicken from Dokken.