Gay Marriage

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.

Are you for or against gay marriage?

I support gay marriage.
61%
I support civil unions.
18%
I'm opposed to legally recognized gay unions entirely.
21%

Total votes: 28

drumlord
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by drumlord »

phyco126 wrote:So much for freedom of religion huh?

It's just a joke page, but it has fooled many people due to the current state of the country. Funny stuff, eh? ;)
-Rich-

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

A joke page? Oh.... well, it sure fooled me, and of course, it didn't help that there are lunitics in the goverment that are trying to do that crap. Looked official though. Maybe I wouldn't have been fooled if there wasn't an amendment in there banning people who have been divorced from re-marrying.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

If you go to the main site of the department of faith, you'll see quickly that it's a joke page. Some of the stuff is really too crazy to believe.

Plus, if they were serious, I would think they'd separate the major requirements for marriage into different articles of one amendment, not necessarily amendments on their own, unless there were certain ones that would raise more controversy.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

The DOF does not discriminate against any faith, making funds available to both Baptist churches and other churches or organizations that recognize Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior.

Haha, that's funny. As well as the Tsunami headline "How god uses water to terminate unsaved trash!" This brings me to wonder, what is whitehouse.org? Obviously it isn't supported by any of our government... is it?

Edit: I say the Tsunami one is funny only because of the fact that there really is religious fanatics out there that believe that trash.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Whitehouse.gov is the one supported by our government.

Org is just a parody, but I don't know who does it. >_<

As for any fanatics that would believe that... *sigh*
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time