Flash

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Zalbag
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Flash

Post by Zalbag »

I couldn't notice how nice this website keeps getting and I saw the advancement with the flash. I for one am weak in that spot, give me CSS, HTML, XHTML, XML, PHP, and I can know how to do it, but flash I am still working on.

I guess things work with "actionscript" a lot. I do have CS3Flash and Actionscript three is still a bit "new" but I am learning to work with it and I curious if there was tutorials I could look at that might help me with web enhancement. Most won't tell you. But if anything I would appreciate it.
I carry [Dyne's Sword]

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: Flash

Post by GhaleonOne »

To be honest, I haven't learned AS3 yet. I know if I got it down, I could bank salary-wise in a larger city. But yeah, this kind of Flash work is very ActionScript oriented. Keep in mind, I barely even use the timeline for the Flash on the main site. I'll have a new portfolio up soon that I'll link to that shows some more samples, but I would suggest learning ActionScript inside and out. If you get that down, you can not only do Flash, but Flex as well, which is becoming an important tool.

And actually, in case you're wondering, the Flash headline graphics (the rotator) is powered completely by XML. It's extremely simple to edit, and it's how most of the big sites are doing their Flash rotation ideas. WalMart, BestBuy, etc. It's pretty easy to do too, if you get some solid ActionScript down.
-G1

Zalbag
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Flash

Post by Zalbag »

Yeah thats going to be an issue, I don't know where exactly to start for this type of situation, I'd buy a book if I knew what kind to buy. Don't want to buy an unofficial guide of some sort! XD
I carry [Dyne's Sword]