Ladies (and some gents) I need some help here with my hair

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Ladies (and some gents) I need some help here with my hair

Post by phyco126 »

If it makes you happy, we have 40+ tempuratures for like, 8 months of the year. :D

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Phyco I don't know how you can live like that, if it dips below 70 i'm freezing.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I wish we had more cool temperature around here. As far as heat and coolness goes, a teacher of mine put it best, "You can always add layers on, but there's only so much you can take off before you're naked." And when it's sweltering like it is today... give me 30 degree weather, and I'll wear the coat.

But then, I tend to be fairly stoic about cool temperatures. 40 degrees is just light jacket weather. Anything above 50 or 55 and I don't feel bad in a t-shirt.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Sonic# wrote:I wish we had more cool temperature around here. As far as heat and coolness goes, a teacher of mine put it best, "You can always add layers on, but there's only so much you can take off before you're naked." And when it's sweltering like it is today... give me 30 degree weather, and I'll wear the coat.

But then, I tend to be fairly stoic about cool temperatures. 40 degrees is just light jacket weather. Anything above 50 or 55 and I don't feel bad in a t-shirt.
Agreed. I love that weather, when it's in the 40s, and I can go for a run in a light windbreaker or something and be fine. But then, I'd rather take the extreme cold than the extreme hot. I don't mind a small heat wave here and there, but the weeks of 100 degrees we get in the summer here in Kansas is horrible.
-G1

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

We have the most perfect weather in the world in SD and I'm just spoiled by it. It's pretty much 70-90 all year, occasionally the temp. gets a little toasty then I would opt for a chilly weather with a sweater. I'd rather layer then walk around in a bathing suit all day. :wink:

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Sonic# wrote:As far as heat and coolness goes, a teacher of mine put it best, "You can always add layers on, but there's only so much you can take off before you're naked." And when it's sweltering like it is today... give me 30 degree weather, and I'll wear the coat.
Bingo.

Monde Luna, it really is simple. All one has to do is train for a couple of years and learn how to meditate on the fly. After a few years of it, you'll learn how to handle subzero tempuratures without any jackets on (gloves, warm shoes, and possibly ear warmers recommened, you can't meditate frost bite away). When you get cold, meditate it and you'll get warm again. :)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Sonic# wrote:I wish we had more cool temperature around here. As far as heat and coolness goes, a teacher of mine put it best, "You can always add layers on, but there's only so much you can take off before you're naked." And when it's sweltering like it is today... give me 30 degree weather, and I'll wear the coat.

People who say that forget that you can never cover everything. Your face and anything exposed will still be cold. And it takes a while to warm up whatever layers you're in (like if you're trying to go to sleep and the room is cold).

Humans are equipped to handle pretty high temperatures as-is (like in the 90s). I prefer really hot temperatures to really cold ones, since really hot ones require no adaptation. Really cold ones require me to put on plenty of clothes (some of which I don't even have) and even them I'm still cold somewhere and have a difficult time moving.

My comfort zone is around 75-90 degrees. Below 70 and I feel a bit chilly; above 90 is only when I start to feel hot, and usually not terribly so until it gets into really high humidity and above 100. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

Kizyr wrote:People who say that forget that you can never cover everything. Your face and anything exposed will still be cold. And it takes a while to warm up whatever layers you're in (like if you're trying to go to sleep and the room is cold).

Humans are equipped to handle pretty high temperatures as-is (like in the 90s). I prefer really hot temperatures to really cold ones, since really hot ones require no adaptation. Really cold ones require me to put on plenty of clothes (some of which I don't even have) and even them I'm still cold somewhere and have a difficult time moving.

My comfort zone is around 75-90 degrees. Below 70 and I feel a bit chilly; above 90 is only when I start to feel hot, and usually not terribly so until it gets into really high humidity and above 100. KF
Exactly!

I don't like any part of my body touching the cold, and I hate feeling like I'm preparing for war every time I walk outside of my apartment. I love snow cold, though. It's a different kind of cold, to me. A tolerable cold.

I also haven't had air conditioning for two years, so I'm pretty comfortable with just a fan on my bed when I go to sleep during these dogs days o' summer.

...Plus winter fashion isn't nearly as fun as summer fashion. In my opinion. :3

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Phyco I don't think I’m up for that kind of training! I can meditate myself cooler usually, but two years of adjusting is just not my cup coco. I don't handle extremely cold weather well, but the one time I was in the snow I was fine. :P The beauty of the snow made me forget how cold I was, snow is awesome, that I can handle (in moderation). Stick me in anything below 30 and I’ll die humans shouldn’t have to endure that kind of suffering! While I prefer 60 to 110 I’ll take 115 over 0 degrees any day.

BTW how did this thread go from hair to temp.?

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Kizyr wrote:
People who say that forget that you can never cover everything. Your face and anything exposed will still be cold. And it takes a while to warm up whatever layers you're in (like if you're trying to go to sleep and the room is cold).
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Snowtrooper

;)

Though, admittedly, I was searching for the more practical rebel trooper facemask and goggles used for covering up the face. I'm not saying I love extremely cold temperatures. Anything below 0 Fahrenheit is crazy to me. The encumbrance factor alone at those temperatures leaves something to be desired. But it is possible, and it is possible to even do so with relative comfort (compared to sweltering in a stuffy room).

That being said, I'm cool with 80 degrees. 90 degrees is okay. I'm used to the temperatures around here, but anything more becomes a pain when I'm outside exerting myself, walking or riding a bike. In those circumstances, I'd rather exert myself in the cold, where I'm generating a lot of excess body heat that warms me. And when trying to sleep, I'd rather be in a cold room with a bed which takes a half-hour to warm up than to be in a hot room which can never get cooler. Hot sleeping is miserable sleeping. Cold sleeping is just inconvenient.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

50 - 70 is fine fore tempuratures for me. Anything higher, I start to diiiiieeeeeeee. I have a personal AC unit in my room that keeps my room at about 65 - 75 (depends on how hot it gets outside, the AC always stays at 65 when running).

Kiz, sure you can cover everything up. Aside from my eyes (in which I could have gotten arctic googles) and mouth (could have sewn the mouth piece shut on the mask) I was 100% covered and protected. Not even high wind and snow could get into the "open" places, (such as neck, bottom of pants, and sleeves), as I had easily sealed them. Total time to get ready in this fashion, less than 5 minutes. Also didn't take me long to warm up after coming in. After all, I was suffiently warm to begin with. :lol:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... ID=7545347 <---- winter of 2006. It was about 30 - 34 outside, and yes, I wore that. Yes, I was outside for over an hour doing it. No, I didn't get cold. Yes, my sides where numb. No, I didn't feel anything. I also didn't notice a difference between outside "cold" and inside "Warm."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

No, it's still unreasonable to cover everything up. If it's 50 degrees out then I'm going to be chilly, because it's not cold enough to cover up every part of my body, but it's still cold enough to where my face and hands will be cold. If it gets down to 20 degrees or below, then I can cover up most everything, but wearing a ski mask and goggles limits my movement and my vision, not to mention it gets me a lot of stares and it's a pain in the ass to take it off every time I step into a building or onto the train.

Like I said, cold temperatures require a lot of adaptation.

Also, cold sleeping for me isn't just inconvenient; it's impossible. I can't sleep if I'm shivering. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well everyone is different. Because I sleep during the day, I sleep when it is hottest outside (from 2:30pm to 11:30pm). That right there is impossible for me to sleep in, thus why I dropped the money for a AC unit. My surprise, when running with care, the AC unit actually resulted in a drop in the utility bill. This way I can sleep, and if I get cold I just layer on more blankets (my bed is my nest, I have a bajillion sheets, comforters, blankets, etc on it XD).

I suppose it is a hassle for temperatures between certain levels. I guess I really don't have to worry about that (I just wear a light jacket and gloves if it's modest outside, say, 40 - 50 degrees).

Now you say wearing a ski mask gets you odd looks. Try wearing it while wearing a badge, that'll get you quad-triple looks! Turns plenty of heads, and occasionally a call to our office. =P

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

I'm going to say that I really like the style that you can't wear because of work. It's very clean looking and masculine. The glasses also help with bring out your eyes. I think you look cute and should keep up with that style. I would stay away from that face hair though... Oh and I don't really care for the combed hair style. It makes me think of one of my ex-roomates. He was creepy and went to auctions with his dad for fun.

If your unsure of what to do with your hair, just go to a nice hair hair salon. NOT wal-mart or anyplace thats going to cost you less than $25. You really do get what you pay for. Just tell the person that you don't know what you want to have done. They should give you ideas and ask you questions. They should ask how you style your hair each morning. It's also good just to say you need something new and leave it up to them.
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

BACK ON THE SUBJECT OF YOUR HAIRSTYLE.

You know what you need Phyco?

Some nice sunglasses and grow a nice beard
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I'm totally going with the Sex Criminal Fashions look. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Sadrin. I've had someone else comment on the combed over look (the shorter one) about how it makes me look creepy/rapist. He said all I was missing was a bow tie. For kicks I thought about buying one, we would all get a good kick out of it.

Seriously though, I'll keep all that in mind.