My iphone is DEAD!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

My iphone is DEAD!

Post by Sadrin »

So I went to update my iphone to 2.0 and found out that my phone is "bricked" now. I searched and restarted my iphone and my computer at least 3 times to see if that would help. My iphone's screen just shows a picture of the usb connecting to itunes and slide to make a call. Well I can't call anyone! What if i'm robbed or I do something stupid and almost die!? It's scary not being able to talk to anyone!

I went to apple's website and it says NOTHING... did tons of searches about the problem and nothing... Then I find a blog with someone having the same problem. BINGO then I see on CNN.com that i'm not the only one and BAM! The story is everywhere! >_< The problem seems to be that apple's server is crapping out because so many people are trying to update their iphones. I just think this is really awful being that apple is sending people home to finish the activation of the iphone3G. They know of the problem but isn't telling anyone about it. It wouldn't be that hard for them to post something about it on their main page right? Now if Microsoft had this problem everyone would be super duper upset with them.

Sorry for the rant. I just hope my iphone isn't 100% bricked.
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Re: My iphone is DEAD!

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

:( That sucks dude. Hope it works out! Keep us posted!
-Nobi

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

People complain about microsoft even if there isn't a problem. The difference is that Apple has a die-hard fan following. If I label myself as "iChuck" and allow Apple to stamp their logo on my forhead, I will forever be attacked my boys who want to do some very naughty things to the new iProduct. But please, take your attention of the iRack and focus on their new product, the iRan. :lol:

And of course they won't say anything about it. According to those same hard-line followers who constantly attack people like me as being retarded for not replacing my computer for a Mac, Apple never makes a bad product. Well gee, Apple censors bad stuff, and will delete posts on their forums that get too popular about specific issues.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

This phone seems to become more and more of a status symbol with each day. I know a person or two that's obsessed with these things. I can barely read the name without cringing at this point.

Either way, just keep it. You paid a lot and they'll figure out a way to deal with it. Look at how many people threw away their "bricked" PSPs.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

By the way, I would like to get an apple product, but right now there are some things I would liked changed before I do. I almost got an iPhone a few months after it came out, but figured a far cheaper phone would do me just as well.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Leslie and I were in Lenox Mall (sp?) in Atlanta, and we saw this very long line weaving around the upper floor. Turned out to be a line to the apple store. Then we saw a shorter but substantial line to AT&T and put two and two together. So... yes, tons of interest in the new iPhone.

Sorry about yours being dysfunctional though. :/ Hopefully that will get cleared up soon.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

My folks still have our Apple II+ from 1981. That's enough Apple product for us. =)

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

Alunissage wrote:My folks still have our Apple II+ from 1981. That's enough Apple product for us. =)
I remember when we used to have one of those. I was really little. I used to play games on it when I was like...4 or 5 years old. At that time, it would have made it 15-ish years old. O_o

That was the first computer I ever used. I didn't like it all that much since all we used it for was Wheel of Fortune (Which we also had it on the NES...) and Card Shark (I think it was called that...O_o). It was fun, but I liked my NES, SNES, and Genesis better at that time.

That was the only Apple product we ever had. I'm happy with my Mp3 player, so I have no need for an Ipod. Iphones are too expensive, otherwise I would at least consider getting one.

Lucca
Student of Vane

Post by Lucca »

I'm confused...isn't your phone technically under warranty still? Can't you get it replaced?

EDIT: I just found this on youtube. The guy is kind of ranty but he gives good advice on how to restore an iphone. Maybe this will work for you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI80Ra-cP-s

Sadrin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sadrin »

Sorry I didn't respond!!

Ok my phone is working, kinda. So I had to wait two days before I could get my phone to update itself. >_< Not having a phone for 2 days really sucks... It's really sad that my phone is such a huge part of my life!

Thanks lucca for the help. :) I was just scared to try anything because I know some people's phone just stopped all together. Apple just put out a new update so i'm waiting a few days till I update mine.

I find it funny how if apple screws up its no problem...

Sonic# - Thats cool that you were at Lenox mall! I used to work there!
Depend On You Changed My Life.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

From what I understand, the problem was that iTunes had so many people updating their phones at once that their servers crashed preventing people from finishing the update. So basically, the problem was that the iPhone is too awesome :lol: .

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Werefrog wrote:So basically, the problem was that the iPhone is too awesome :lol: .
Or people just had to have it because of the Apple name. :wink:

I just wanted it to see how many heads I could turn.