ebay troubles

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

ebay troubles

Post by exigence »

i bought a concert poster last week off ebay, since it hadnt arrived yet i went to ask the seller a question, when i went to do that i saw some items that he had for sale currently and to my suprise there was the very same poster!!! So i sent him a message asking if he had two of those posters and if he could give me proof that he shiped it. i took a few screen grabs for proof-

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: ebay troubles

Post by Kizyr »

Doesn't really say anything.

Most people who are power sellers and have that many responses have a lot of merchandise. It's normal to have multiple copies of the same thing. It's probably part of some online store the guy has.

I'd suggest not being so accusatory. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

that posters been out of print for awhile as far as i know, he used the exact same picture for both listings, the shiping was 8$ and it says fastest shiping in the west and i was the only bidder so i won it for .99$.

its all circumstantial evidence of course but as you can see i have solid reasons to be suspicious.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

exigence wrote:that posters been out of print for awhile as far as i know, he used the exact same picture for both listings, the shiping was 8$ and it says fastest shiping in the west and i was the only bidder so i won it for .99$.

its all circumstantial evidence of course but as you can see i have solid reasons to be suspicious.
No, you still don't.

All Lunar merchandise is out of print. People still have multiple items in their online stores of that.

Again, don't be confrontational and accusatory. It only makes the situation worse.

Lastly, there are two 'p's in shipping. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

Ok, i'll take your advice and see if it shipps to my house by saturday. But I'm telling you I get a bad vibe from this one.The Dudes straight shady

AlexHiro4
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by AlexHiro4 »

How long have you waited on the item? Did you get shipping insurance so you can track it? I've bought A LOT of stuff off of Ebay and have had very few problems. From my experience I've found it usually best to get insurance and be patient. If it gets around the two week mark and you still haven't recieved your poster I'd start to worry about it and send the guy a message. If he doesn't respond within a couple of days contact Ebay and get help from them. I've only gotten screwed by a seller once and Ebay got my money back for me. They're cool about that stuff.
Dwight: "One thing about deer, they have very good vision. One thing about me, I am better at hiding than they are...at vision."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Ok, i'll take your advice and see if it shipps to my house by saturday. But I'm telling you I get a bad vibe from this one.The Dudes straight shady
Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but it's ships (and shipped above).

As for the advice, what's his feedback rating? Does he have issues with other users? If his feedback is 97-98% or higher, you're probably worrying over nothing. There's always the possibility it got lost in the mail, or more likely, just hasn't arrived yet. As for him re-listing the same item, that means jack squat on Ebay. As Kiz said, these users have large stores and have multiple items of a lot of things. Lunar has a lot of rare items, such as soundtracks, posters, guides, novels, etc. that are sometimes put up 3-4 times in a week by the same users. That's definitely not a reason to get worried.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

exigence wrote:and see if it shipps to my house by saturday.
Shipped
Ships
Shipping
Ship
Ship-shape
etc etc etc

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

I underlined it because it was supposed to be sarcastic. but since its been a week and i would expect 8$ shipping to at least come with a tracking number. I orderd cds 3 days after i orderd this that have gotten here already, iv gotten stuff from germany faster than this.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

You must never have ordered from Vic, eh?

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

exigence wrote:I underlined it because it was supposed to be sarcastic.

What a rebel..

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Personally, I use italics for sarcasm. Or I use the context.

Cinder6
Saith Pirate

Post by Cinder6 »

Kizyr wrote:All Lunar merchandise is out of print. People still have multiple items in their online stores of that.
Exactly. Kelly Knight keeps selling SSSC, Shining Wisdom, Arc the Lad, etc. posters on eBay, despite that I've bought some of them. With things like posters, it's entirely plausible for a person to be selling a whole bunch.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

I found out what was taking so long. honestly its as equally bad as if he decided not to ship at all. apparently he dosent even have the poster he is waiting for it to reach him from canada. thats pretty irresponsible since I paid for it on time the least he could do is be ready to ship it. Why would you list an item that you dont have in stock. thats just inconciderate.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Werefrog wrote:Personally, I use italics for sarcasm. Or I use the context.
That's much better than using a tag. I hate seeing that on Digg.