THANKS FOR ANNOUNCING IT TO EVERYONE SVET-KUN.

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Jenner
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

THANKS FOR ANNOUNCING IT TO EVERYONE SVET-KUN.

Post by Jenner »

Way to let everyone know you're engaged you jerk. :x
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Re: THANKS FOR ANNOUNCING IT TO EVERYONE SVET-KUN.

Post by Ozone »

Maybe he preferred to keep it quiet amongst us?
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Maybe. I might not even mention it to you if I got engaged. ...unless I were engaged to you, then I just wouldn't mention it to anyone else. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Well, not everyone is open. Some like their privacy in life. Unlike myself.

I should do webcam shows. That would be fun.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Wow. Really? *checks* I guess I never announced it. I, um, I'm sorry. My questions upon reading this run kind of like this:

1. I didn't tell you guys? Big whoops. I thought I had posted on the boards. But... it's really touchy, because once I've told my family and some friends in about eight or ten different ways, it starts to blend together who I've told and who I haven't.

2. How'd you find out? I presume it was a reference in one of my posts, but... just curious.

In any case... I'm engaged! I've been engaged since about mid-December. There's no wedding date set yet (we're waiting to see where we move after graduation... hopefully Atlanta), and the wedding will probably end up being small. I'd been dating my fiancee for over 2 years before I proposed, and it felt like a good time.

But yeah. There wasn't too much of an urge for privacy after the initial "Make sure that family find out first." And then I forgot to tell most of my internet friends (the exception being facebook). ^^;;; My apologies.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Sonic# wrote:Wow. Really? *checks* I guess I never announced it. I, um, I'm sorry. My questions upon reading this run kind of like this:

1. I didn't tell you guys? Big whoops. I thought I had posted on the boards. But... it's really touchy, because once I've told my family and some friends in about eight or ten different ways, it starts to blend together who I've told and who I haven't.

2. How'd you find out? I presume it was a reference in one of my posts, but... just curious.

In any case... I'm engaged! I've been engaged since about mid-December. There's no wedding date set yet (we're waiting to see where we move after graduation... hopefully Atlanta), and the wedding will probably end up being small. I'd been dating my fiancee for over 2 years before I proposed, and it felt like a good time.

But yeah. There wasn't too much of an urge for privacy after the initial "Make sure that family find out first." And then I forgot to tell most of my internet friends (the exception being facebook). ^^;;; My apologies.
1. I don't recall you telling us, I remember you telling me about the GF. It's the same girl right?

2. You used the word "fiance" in one of your posts and I was all, "Ey, wait a minnit..."

Gratz Svet-Kun! There are no secrets on L-Net! Jenner calls you out :P
Kizyr wrote:Maybe. I might not even mention it to you if I got engaged. ...unless I were engaged to you, then I just wouldn't mention it to anyone else. KF
... :| I thought we agreed that we weren't going to tell people we were engaged.
Last edited by Jenner on Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Jenner wrote:
Kizyr wrote:Maybe. I might not even mention it to you if I got engaged. ...unless I were engaged to you, then I just wouldn't mention it to anyone else. KF
... :| I thought we agreed that we weren't going to tell people we were engaged.
I never said it! I only implied it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Don't really know you yet but congrats anyways! Hopefully you won't come back here in 5 years and be like "Why didn't you guys tell me not to get married?" ;)
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

liquidpolicenaut wrote:Don't really know you yet but congrats anyways! Hopefully you won't come back here in 5 years and be like "Why didn't you guys tell me not to get married?" ;)
I can't tell. Are you congratulating Sonic#, or me and Jenner? I don't think either of us meant to mention the whole engagement thing. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Ummm, I guess congrats to all three of you? lol. If it was never meant to be mentioned, then it's a secret, on the down low, congrats ;)
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Sonic# wrote:Wow. Really? *checks* I guess I never announced it. I, um, I'm sorry. My questions upon reading this run kind of like this:

Damnit, add me on Facebook :P
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Well, I only made it show on facebook after about a month of being engaged. It's not an instant news circuit, but more like a... "Well, I guess everyone else can know." And so that some family don't find out by facebook, which would be awkward.
Kizyr wrote:
liquidpolicenaut wrote:Don't really know you yet but congrats anyways! Hopefully you won't come back here in 5 years and be like "Why didn't you guys tell me not to get married?" ;)
I can't tell. Are you congratulating Sonic#, or me and Jenner? I don't think either of us meant to mention the whole engagement thing. KF
Oh no. You aren't going to get any of the blame. Rather, I'll be like, "Why didn't you tell me how awesome wedding cake was before?" and "Good thing I got married before the great cake inflation!" and "I bake the cake in this house!"

I'm sure there will be lots of cake.

Wait!

*gasp* Jenner! "Way to let everyone know you're engaged you jerk." Indeed! The indignance! The impropriety! I should start another thread just to combat you! I should design a robot that you can't linguistically confuse and that Kizyr can't block from these forums! It would be like the Professor Moriarty program on the holodeck, except it'd be based on Oliver Twist, so you'd never know it was bad... until it asked for more soup!
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Whoa whoa whoa. Stop. Jenner is engaged to Kiz now? O_O

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Sonic# wrote:I should design a robot that you can't linguistically confuse and that Kizyr can't block from these forums! It would be like the Professor Moriarty program on the holodeck, except it'd be based on Oliver Twist, so you'd never know it was bad... until it asked for more soup!
It won't work. I automatically ban orphans from the forums.

I'm the mean one, remember?
phyco126 wrote:Whoa whoa whoa. Stop. Jenner is engaged to Kiz now? O_O
A bit late on the uptake there, phyco. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Kizyr wrote:
Sonic# wrote:I should design a robot that you can't linguistically confuse and that Kizyr can't block from these forums! It would be like the Professor Moriarty program on the holodeck, except it'd be based on Oliver Twist, so you'd never know it was bad... until it asked for more soup!
It won't work. I automatically ban orphans from the forums.

I'm the mean one, remember?
phyco126 wrote:Whoa whoa whoa. Stop. Jenner is engaged to Kiz now? O_O
A bit late on the uptake there, phyco. KF
We're kinda trying to be covert here, people. Move along.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Jenner wrote:We're kinda trying to be covert here, people. Move along.
I was being covert until you had to emphasize it!

There's really no point in keeping the secret now, you know. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

sigh... Naw, I think we're good, dear.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

*twitch* I feel like your screwing with my miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind!

Stop it! *hiss*

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

phyco126 wrote:*twitch* I feel like your screwing with my miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind!

Stop it! *hiss*

>.> Yeah, like I said. Nothing to see here. Moving right along.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

NallOne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by NallOne »

Gratz, Sonic! 8)

My condolences, Jenner. :(
- Mike