New boards...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

New boards...

Post by GhaleonOne »

Just the start of the 10th anniversary change-over. And don't worry. I'm going to do a bit of Lunar-izing on the look of the boards over the coming week. Probably after the new site is up.

As a side note, please contact me if you're having issues with the boards. webmaster@lunar-net.com
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Re: New boards...

Post by phyco126 »

Erm, when was your last DB backup that was used for this? Or did you just change the scheme around?

I mean, cuz, I sent in both the ACO and Ozone PMs out Friday morning. >_>

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

When I took the boards down a few hours ago. No posts, PMs or anything should have been lost. If they were, let me know, but I imagine if you go into your "sent" folder, you'll see what you sent.
-G1

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Ah! The bright blue burns my eyes! I feel lost~! lol
But all joking aside, I am really excited to see the new layout! ^_^
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Ah, yes they are there. Now, with that out of the way...

I hate the new look. I hope this scheme is only temperary, I know you are gonna Lunarfi it, but I'm like LuNaRtIc, lost. Not just lost, but hitting the wrong buttons instead of the one I want, as some of them are too close to the more important ones. I want to see Board Index... not mark everything as read. :evil:

Other than that, some of the things here are nice. I like how the font colors show on the side. :) Is this phpBB 3?

Of course, if you want to sell this style to me instantly instead of waiting the month it takes for me to get used to it... bwa hahahahaha. Just add "quick/fast reply" and I'll get you some action! From Eric! Shhhhhhhh!

Edit: Well, might as well put some pluses. The User Control is nifty, and the ignore (Friends and foes) list is likely gonna be a big hit.

If you are typing a reply and go to post, the boards automatically see if someone posted after you hit reply but before you hit submit. I love this!

A few other good things, for instance the members list can be sorted by Alphabit AND the typical sort features. I LOVE THIS! Many an hour spent trying to find someone who happens to be on page 500 out of 1000. :( Plus, the online/offline directly under the names is great for when I decide to stalk you G1, I mean, see if I can't get ahold of you. ;)

Some bad...

The layout is too rainbowy, yes you are gonna fix that. But the button layout is iffy and like I said earlier, I keep hitting the wrong buttons.

Can you change the avatar max sizes to 150 x 200 instead of 145 x 200?

What? I can't write my books any longer? There is suddenly a 60000 character limit on posts? So much for those books I planned on writting. ( ;) )

Still no quick/fast reply. *cry*

No board style layout to choose from (I don't even see the option to do it under user control panel. =/ )

Other than a few other plusses and quirks that I already forgot, if I remember I'll post.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I just want to know if this is the color scheme that we're going to be sticking with, because if so, I'll probably want to change my avatar and banner and stuff. The darker colors sorta seem out of place on this.

Actually, I've been thinking of changing that stuff out anyway. I've had the Kyle theme for a while now, and it's about time for a change.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

To be honest, I'll probably change the entire style out with a darker theme in a day or two. I'm not feeling this layout the more I've used it. There's just too many things in weird places.
-G1

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Yeah, I'm starting to dislike this layout as well. I keep accidentally "subscribing" to topics, because that button is where the Board Index button was before.

Parn
Reza Thief

Post by Parn »

I'll say this about the brighter layout... it made me notice that I had two PMs in my inbox, one from DevNall that he sent months ago, and one from you G1, from over two years ago. Haha.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm kinda curious what I sent you two years ago. That's a long time ago. :P
-G1

Parn
Reza Thief

Post by Parn »

Check your inbox. =P

Pluvius
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Pluvius »

GhaleonOne wrote: I'm going to do a bit of Lunar-izing on the look of the boards over the coming week.
What sorts of things do you have planned? Any sprite-based forum buttons?
RED! Do you know what that means? I am the most powerful trainer in the world.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Sorry, meant to respond to this sooner, but been a bit busy. Yeah, I'm planning to go back to a lot of Lunar sprites and such. In fact, I know everyone wants a darker theme, so check this one out:

http://jimaniac.my-place.us/forum1/

I'm thinking about using it, and just changing some stuff to make it more of a Lunar feel. It's the only semi-decent darker theme out there so far for phpBB3.
-G1

Erroneous
Legendary Hero

Post by Erroneous »

Too many images to load and dark styles aren't very professional IMO. I like this current setup you have, it makes navigation easier, has a calm feeling towards it, reminds me of Eternal Blue or the Blue Moon, it has a sleek design much like the site, doesn't have many images which is great on loading time, and easier on the eyes any time of the day.
---
LunarNET Discord: https://discord.gg/yzXgsSa

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Insydius wrote:Too many images to load and dark styles aren't very professional IMO. I like this current setup you have, it makes navigation easier, has a calm feeling towards it, reminds me of Eternal Blue or the Blue Moon, it has a sleek design much like the site, doesn't have many images which is great on loading time, and easier on the eyes any time of the day.
Agreed actually.

While I think that the boards definitely need some Lunar-izing, I'm actually digging the blue motif you've got going right now. It's pretty chill.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'll stick with it then if that's what everyone wants. I'm fine with this look we're currently running personally. I just didn't think anyone liked it, based on early complaints. Once I start Lunar-izing things, that's the style we're sticking with though, so input from everyone would be nice in regards to the style they want.
-G1

Dark_Fairy
White Dragon Knight

Post by Dark_Fairy »

I was used to the darker style, but a change to blue is nice.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I'm getting used to the light blue.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Guh. I hate this style :( The buttons are all in the wrong spot. I keep reading, subscribing, skipping, etc... instead of doing what I *want* to do. Don't get me wrong, I love the features in this one, but the layout of where the buttons are themselves, is just horrible.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

I dont think the buttons are that bad and the colors dont really bother me, I just had a hard time adjusting to the symbols i was so used the the jessica one used to mark th read and unread and popular topics.