A Phyco Public Service Announcement: Denver

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
phyco126
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

A Phyco Public Service Announcement: Denver

Post by phyco126 »

Denver, how I hate driving there, especially in the business district, especially trying to get to broadway to get to the World Trade Center. Bleh. Anyway, my hatred got deeper yestderday, as well as my overall level of my week is going down the crapper (and it's only tuesday, give me a break!)

Tip 1: When going through downtown, add 20 miles to the speedlimit. You'll still be passed, but at least you won't have people shooting you with armor piercing automatic rocket launchers.

Tip 2: Make sure you have a car that allows you to mount a license plate to the front of the car as well, or those pesky meter maids will write you a $30 fine (or $60 if not paid in 20 days) for not having TWO license plates, one on the front and one on the back. In my defense, it was technically my sister's car, who the hell remembers to check if there is a plate on the front of the car before they take it out for a spin to a major city?

Tip 3: People will hate you, so don't bother smiling. If you frown, growl at passerbys, and flip everyone off. People will then assume you are a Denver native and will leave you alone.

Tip 4: Good luck trying to parall park, people will ride your ass preventing you from backing up to park. Do yourself a favor, put your car in reverse and floor it. Make sure you have a bullet proof car and your doors are locked though, as the person behind you may be a not so very friendly Denver native.

Tip 5: Pray

Tip 6: If you are like me, you will have to park about a mile or two AWAY from your destination, so be prepared to walk for about 30 minutes or so to arrive where you need to be, and be prepared to get ran over by Denver's mass transit system or a typical Native driving a Hummer2, or some other expensive $100,000 car. Remember kids, they don't care, they got good lawyers.

Tip 7: Stay away from Denver

Tip 8: Going 50 over the posted speed limit isn't fast enough. Go faster.

Tip 9: Cops don't care, unless you arn't a Denver native, then they will let the 50 cars going 100 MPH in a 55 zone pass and nab you for going 56.

Tip 10: Pray

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Agawa
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Agawa »

Wow. This brings bad memories of Denver.

D:

Blue_Sycro
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Blue_Sycro »

A lot of these remind me of driving in LA...especially 3, 4, 6, and 8. The main difference is that praying won't work because LA is a land forever untouched by the hand of God.

At least now I know to stay away from Denver :o

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

People actually live in Colorado?

LAWLZ!

Yeah, don't mind me, I'll go back to sleeping now.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Enigma
Nanza Bandit

Post by Enigma »

Lol, driving in Denver sounds fun...and not as bad as Detroit.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Ozone wrote:People actually live in Colorado?

LAWLZ!

Yeah, don't mind me, I'll go back to sleeping now.
Yes, about 4 - 5 million thank you very much. Of course, that's nothing compared to, say, Florida, Georgia, and California.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Are you kidding Ozone? The frontrange is loaded with people.

And bah, Denver traffic ain't nothing. I thought they went too slow for my tastes. :P

I thought the Springs was worse actually. Though I did have a bit of trouble in south Denver once. More my own fault though for not knowing the roads well enough.
-G1

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

GhaleonOne wrote:Are you kidding Ozone? The frontrange is loaded with people.

And bah, Denver traffic ain't nothing. I thought they went too slow for my tastes. :P

I thought the Springs was worse actually. Though I did have a bit of trouble in south Denver once. More my own fault though for not knowing the roads well enough.
Yes, actually I was kidding. I am and have been well aware that a decent amount of people live in Colorado.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Enigma wrote:Lol, driving in Denver sounds fun...and not as bad as Detroit.

Driving in Detroit scares me. :(
Not as nearly as much as driving in Chicago though. :cry:
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

i bet walking in either of those would be scarier.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Denver is worse the the Springs hand down, the Springs is a bit crowded but our population is 1/4th that of the TOTAL Denver area. :)

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

LuNaRtIc wrote:

I actually like Chicago, I was just out there recently, I'll be moving relatively close to there in a little less than half a year. Besides, you haven't lived until you've driven down a highway in Miami during rush hour.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Ozone wrote:
LuNaRtIc wrote:

I actually like Chicago, I was just out there recently, I'll be moving relatively close to there in a little less than half a year. Besides, you haven't lived until you've driven down a highway in Miami during rush hour.
Pfft, please. You truely haven't lived until you've driven down a highway in Miami during rush hour during sprin break when a hurricane in coming and they are evacuating the whole area. :D

AnimeJei
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AnimeJei »

woohoo, Detroit! My hometown, where the weak are killed and eaten.. anyway, I-4 in Central Florida is really fun to drive on especially when you get near the attractions' area where there is tourists from all over the world that are used to driving their own way.. fun fun! Voted one of the worst and dealiest freeways, I'm so proud!
Image"Sample my goods!!"