Love my new truck!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Wizard27
Lann Fisherman
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Love my new truck!

Post by Wizard27 »

Love my Ford truck....
I bought a new Ford F-350 crew cab and returned to the dealer the next
day because I couldn't get the radio to work.
The salesman explained that the radio was voice activated.

"Nelson," the salesman said to the radio. The radio
replied,"Ricky or Willie?" "Willie!" he continued and "On The Road Again" came from the speakers.
Then he said, "Ray Charles!", and in an instant "
Georgia On My Mind" replaced Willie Nelson.

I drove away happy, and for the next few days, every time I'd say,
"Beethoven," I'd get beautiful classical music, and if I said,
"Beatles,"I'd get one of their awesome songs.

Yesterday, a couple ran a red light and nearly creamed my new
truck, but I swerved in time to avoid them.
I yelled, "Idiots!" Immediately the French National Anthem began to play, sung by Jane Fonda and Barbara Streisand, backed up by Michael Moore and The Dixie Chicks, with John Kerry on guitar, Al Gore on drums, Dan Rather on harmonica, Nancy Pelosi on tambourine, Harry Reid on spoons, Bill Clinton on sax and Ted Kennedy on Scotch.

I LOVE this truck!!!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

If the only thing you can do is C&P stupid chain-letters and lame jokes, I'm going to just delete all your future posts. This isn't a warning, just a notice. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Oh for goodness sake, I want my 30 seconds back. I think I just vomited in my mouth a bit. Do us all a favor, put a flashlight up your ass and use the illumination to research and educate yourself on politics, political science, and history. Then, with your new powers, formulate a volatile and worthwhile opinion based on actual educated merit and fact instead of following the talking points and propaganda like a blind sheep herded off to be butchered you worthless bigoted waste of cellular mass.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

Jenner, thank you. That was beautiful. <single tear>

Wizard27, do you have real, self-arrived-at opinions about all the people/groups in the "idiots" section? What makes them idiots? What do all of those reasons for being called idiots have in common to lump them all together in one punchline?

What if I was French?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

TaoTeCheese wrote:Jenner, thank you. That was beautiful. <single tear>

Wizard27, do you have real, self-arrived-at opinions about all the people/groups in the "idiots" section? What makes them idiots? What do all of those reasons for being called idiots have in common to lump them all together in one punchline?

What if I was French?
It's a form joke. You insert anything in the "idiots" part. The original form of the joke that I heard had country music play at that point. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Jenner wrote:Oh for goodness sake, I want my 30 seconds back. I think I just vomited in my mouth a bit. Do us all a favor, put a flashlight up your ass and use the illumination to research and educate yourself on politics, political science, and history. Then, with your new powers, formulate a volatile and worthwhile opinion based on actual educated merit and fact instead of following the talking points and propaganda like a blind sheep herded off to be butchered you worthless bigoted waste of cellular mass.
"it's perfectly okay to be excessive and a douche just as long as i use big words!"

also, the "i want my (amount of time) back" thing is just tired. the cleverness is gone and it now seems even more obnoxious than before.

wizard27, nobody likes forwards. remember that and your time online will improve.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:
Jenner wrote:Oh for goodness sake, I want my 30 seconds back. I think I just vomited in my mouth a bit. Do us all a favor, put a flashlight up your ass and use the illumination to research and educate yourself on politics, political science, and history. Then, with your new powers, formulate a volatile and worthwhile opinion based on actual educated merit and fact instead of following the talking points and propaganda like a blind sheep herded off to be butchered you worthless bigoted waste of cellular mass.
"it's perfectly okay to be excessive and a douche just as long as i use big words!"

also, the "i want my (amount of time) back" thing is just tired. the cleverness is gone and it now seems even more obnoxious than before.

wizard27, nobody likes forwards. remember that and your time online will improve.

I dunno, I prefer Jenner's post to yours =/ Just chill out, relax and enjoy Jenner's spaztastic qualities.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Ozone wrote: I dunno, I prefer Jenner's post to yours =/ Just chill out, relax and enjoy Jenner's spaztastic qualities.
But Jenner's post was reinforcing our social norms. Benevolent_Ghaleon's modus operandi is to shake things up.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Werefrog wrote:
Ozone wrote: I dunno, I prefer Jenner's post to yours =/ Just chill out, relax and enjoy Jenner's spaztastic qualities.
But Jenner's post was reinforcing our social norms. Benevolent_Ghaleon's modus operandi is to shake things up.
I wouldn't quite go that far.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:also, the "i want my (amount of time) back" thing is just tired. the cleverness is gone and it now seems even more obnoxious than before.
That was the POINT. She was replying to this form joke with a bunch of (overused, cliched, predictable) form responses, fighting lameness with lameness. Apparently this was too subtle for you, although TaoTeCheese appears to have gotten it. But then, you seem to be so eager to find a pretext to insult other people that you don't look any further than the first thing you see.

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

:D Did anyone notice that wizard27 hasn't even replied to this topic, maybe you guys scared him off for good.
Thats cause for celebration :D :D :D :D

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

He did the same thing on another one of his spam topics. I wouldn't attribute lack of posting to him leaving since he's always been sporadic in posting.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Alunissage wrote:
Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:also, the "i want my (amount of time) back" thing is just tired. the cleverness is gone and it now seems even more obnoxious than before.
That was the POINT. She was replying to this form joke with a bunch of (overused, cliched, predictable) form responses, fighting lameness with lameness. Apparently this was too subtle for you, although TaoTeCheese appears to have gotten it. But then, you seem to be so eager to find a pretext to insult other people that you don't look any further than the first thing you see.
lol. this coming from the person who seems to love seeing an opportunity to complain at or about me. your gripes always seem to have more feeling to them than anyone else's for the most part. she still acted rather douchy. deny it all you like. then again, i figure a few of you would find a way justify anything she says. i enjoy a ton of her posts and generally get a smirk, but not with this one. also did you know that i hated dragon song?

meg
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by meg »

i agree that jenner's response was douche-tastic.

however, i find neither the first post, nor hers, really worthy of wasting time on. a conservative made an -Albino Baboon- post. a liberal got mad. you can see the same thing all over the internet.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

meg wrote:however, i find neither the first post, nor hers, really worthy of wasting time on. a conservative made an -Albino Baboon- post. a liberal got mad. you can see the same thing all over the internet.
Wait a minute...

People on the internet? Not getting along? That's madness! :-P

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

i just can't stand when people get the notion that acting like a douche becomes acceptable when you find a wordy or supposedly "cool" way to go about it.

also, meg, i love you for acknowledging the douche-iness of the post in question rather than making some lame excuse. meg is grounded in reality AND humorous. admirable, i say.

meg
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by meg »

well, jenner happens to be my best friend. i like to think i know her pretty well. she wasn't fighting lame with lame. she got pissed off, and went off on a guy who probably won't even read her post. stereotypical "republican" nonsense like that happens to be one of her triggers.

if anything, i'd guess the big words come more from trying to distance herself from the smug ignorance of the song lyrics, than the desire to sound cool.

but it's no more appropriate to support and rationalize that reaction than it is to support the flame-bait that brings it out. both inhibit rational discussion.

and thank you :wink: the shrinks say the same thing.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

see? even the professionals are amused!

and you're welcome.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Benevolent_Ghaleon wrote:i just can't stand when people get the notion that acting like a douche becomes acceptable when you find a wordy or supposedly "cool" way to go about it.
Given how many of your posts insult other users, that's an awfully hypocritical attitude for you to take.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

i say things that a lot of people take offense to (my opinions in general) rather than practically jumping people.