Dragon*con?

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Dragon*con?

Post by Sonic# »

I was just wondering if anyone else would be going. This will be my *cough* first convention, and I'm excited. My girlfriend and a couple of mutual friends and I are going together, all dressing up in different costumes. One is doing something from Warhammer, another will be the FireFox, my girlfriend will be an Autumn Fairy, and I'm going to be pre-beard Laike.

It's been my first time sewing, so it's been quite an adventure. Many times, I think of better ways to do things after the fact. >_<

But like I said, is anyone else from here going?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Fortifying Conditioner
Nanza Bandit
Location: My Body: Tennessee, My Mind: Someplace not work safe.

Post by Fortifying Conditioner »

Me and a friend are going to try to make it. We live in Tennessee so it's a long drive, and he's a school teacher which means we can't leave earlier in the week.

I think we'll be able to make for at least Saturday and Sunday. I'll keep you posted when we a more concrete schedule worked out..
Fortifies and Conditions!

Fortifying Conditioner
Nanza Bandit
Location: My Body: Tennessee, My Mind: Someplace not work safe.

Post by Fortifying Conditioner »

Yup. I'll definately be there. My friend and I are going to make it, but only for Saturday and Sunday. I'm pretty pumped as it's my first convention too. No I won't be dressing, but if you want we could try to meet up or something. Let me know...or y'know, don't. Whatever's cool.
Fortifies and Conditions!

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Heh, I'm trying to go through the program now (in between trying to get ahead for classes, an uphill battle) so that I'll know when I have free time and what not. Admittedly, I don't know you too well, but it'd be cool to meet up for at least a bit. Saturday and Sunday? I'll pm you sometime in the next few days.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Let me know if you see anyone that uses a Guitar Hero guitar as part of his/her costume. Some friends and I went to Gen Con and saw several people dressed like that there. We assumed that their must be some anime character that carries a guitar that they were dressing as.