Wow...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Wow...

Post by GhaleonOne »

Today was absolutely insane. We hiked Mt. Quandry near Breckenridge, CO. We walked up about 3600 foot in elevenation to 14,265 foot. This was, I think, the hardest physical and mental challenge of my life. You'll see what I mean when I get the pictures online by next week. Wading through snowfields almost down to your waste that on one side had about a 2500 foot cliff dropoff, and a steep drop down to another 1000 foot cliff dropoff on the other side. I'm afraid of heights, so it made it even worse. And one thing about mountains like this... you don't want to stay up there too long, because storms usually pop up between 11AM and 2PM during the day, and you DON'T want to get stuck in a lightning storm above treeline (11,700-12,200ish feet depending on location). We ended up being rained on a little and even some small ice.

However, what I think was the coolest thing. Two guys came up ahead of us with this Golden Retriever dog, and we figured it was their's until they said it was a local mountain dog. This dog was awesome. It apparently hikes the trail to the top frequently to make sure people are okay. I was lagging behind a few times due to the fear of heights, and this dog would make a run back anytime I stopped to make sure I was doing all right. Pretty cool.

Anyways, I'll have pictures probably sometime between Saturday and Tuesday.

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

Wow that sounds intense. The sounds harder then the 3 day hike I was on in PE. Sounds really cool thou, can't wait to see pics

keele864
Red Dragon Priest

Post by keele864 »

That's really impressive. I love hiking, but I'd definitely have a hard time with that. Where are your favorite places for hiking?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Well, I drove up to the dam next to the mountain we hiked yesterday, and walked up the rest of the way towards evening tonight. As I started back down, I spotted some bighorn sheep on the ledges above. I waited, and they started down towards me. They tracked me all the way to within 20 feet of the car before stopping. Got a few pictures of them. It was a mother and her baby, and another big one was coming down when I decided to leave. Pretty cool stuff.

And keele, definately anything mountainous, but I prefer hiking to mountain lakes more than anything, and following the streams that come down them.
-G1

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Mickey, that sounds like an absolutely amazing experiance. I wish I could do that! You should take me along sometime heehee.

Get those pics up!
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Xandal
Burg Farmer

Post by Xandal »

Sounds rough. I always wanted to do stuff like that instead of just roaming through my 200+ acres of land and climbing that stuff.

Darkgeohound
Nanza Bandit

Post by Darkgeohound »

I went hiking on the appilation trail for a week and all we had was rain. I can't imagine what it had to be like to have snow to hike through. It must have sucked really bad.
There is no greater purpose in life than that which we make for ourselves.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Pics or stfu. :P
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I haven't gotten around to developing them yet. Too broke. :P
-G1

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

GhaleonOne wrote:I haven't gotten around to developing them yet. Too broke. :P

retna tease. :cry:
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

GhaleonOne wrote:I haven't gotten around to developing them yet. Too broke. :P

Beetle dung! Post them. Or I will kill you.
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...