SINCE KIZYR'S NOT HERE TO MODERATE

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Asmodean
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Post by Asmodean »

Alunissage wrote:
Asmodean wrote:OH OH OH!!
Do I get to be Luna?! She seems to be the closet thing to a Bard.
Infidel! How dare you desecrate these halls with such ignorance?! Suffer the fate of those who forget Alex's HARP!
a singer, closest thing to a bard... hmph!
He is was the Hero of the game. Bards are never heroes. That would be a sweet game though! A game of Bards!
ImageImageImage

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Bards may not be heros, but they tell the story of the hero, so without bards, there would be no (musical) telling of the Hero's story, and s/he will of been forgotten.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

phyco126 wrote:Bards may not be heros, but they tell the story of the hero, so without bards, there would be no (musical) telling of the Hero's story, and s/he will of been forgotten.
Trust me, you don't have to tell me that! Lunar-NET Court-Bard here!

I tell Musical stories about you guys ALL the time. I don't even realize it most of the time. I get a lot of weird looks from people on the streets when I randomly break out the Harp and Fluffy Puffy Hat.

...It's hella expensive therapy.
ImageImageImage

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

Alunissage wrote:
Asmodean wrote:OH OH OH!!
Do I get to be Luna?! She seems to be the closet thing to a Bard.
Infidel! How dare you desecrate these halls with such ignorance?! Suffer the fate of those who forget Alex's HARP!

a singer, closest thing to a bard... hmph!
i'm curious. i remember Luna walking out to Ghaleon playing the harp and she said something like "oh, i'm sorry! i thought i heard -alex- playing". isn't that a screw up for the psx version since he plays ocarina or what?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I think she just heard music and went out thinking it was Alex. Though, that thing Ghaleon was playing wasn't actually a harp. I can't remember what it's called, but it's some kind of Japanese-style guitar. I remember discussing this when SSS first came out years ago with someone, but can't remember who.
-G1

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Well, it was also the same song that Alex played with his ocarina, so it's logical that she thought that it was Alex. (After all, she thought that Alex wrote that song.)

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

GhaleonOne wrote:I think she just heard music and went out thinking it was Alex. Though, that thing Ghaleon was playing wasn't actually a harp. I can't remember what it's called, but it's some kind of Japanese-style guitar. I remember discussing this when SSS first came out years ago with someone, but can't remember who.
You're thinking of a shamisen.

However, what Ghaleon was playing wasn't a shamisen. It looked more like a lute. Maybe a mandolin. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I always thought of Ghaleon's instrument as a cross between a mandolin and a sitar. I'm not sure that the sitar comparison is apt, but it's the length that I normally associate with one.
He is was the Hero of the game. Bards are never heroes. That would be a sweet game though! A game of Bards!
Have you never played A Bard's Tale? I'm playing through it right now. Maybe there's more of an anti-hero there, but...

And you can play bards in games like Neverwinter Nights readily enough. Though I chose to go the paladin route anyway, because I like the idea of being guided by divine justice, and don't merit enough mindless killing to become a blackguard.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

Sonic# wrote:I always thought of Ghaleon's instrument as a cross between a mandolin and a sitar. I'm not sure that the sitar comparison is apt, but it's the length that I normally associate with one.
Have you never played A Bard's Tale? I'm playing through it right now. Maybe there's more of an anti-hero there, but...

And you can play bards in games like Neverwinter Nights readily enough. Though I chose to go the paladin route anyway, because I like the idea of being guided by divine justice, and don't merit enough mindless killing to become a blackguard.
I Pre-Ordered that game way back when! I love it! He's a dirty kind of Bard. But I wouldn't call him a Dark Bard. That would be sick!

Asmodean.
Dark Bard.

If I didn't already have a Prestigious Self Title, I'd go for that. Maybe I can just add it to the rest!?
ImageImageImage

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

This Kizyr flame-thread has turned into a discussion. Quit it!
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Asmodean
Legendary Hero

Post by Asmodean »

I'll bring it back around for you Jenner.

Kiz smells, and he dresses up like a girl now and then.
I also heard about his underwear drawer. Not pretty.
ImageImageImage

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

Thank you, Justin! Sigh, I came home to my apartment all messed up. :cry:
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.