Never before seen interviews now online...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Never before seen interviews now online...

Post by GhaleonOne »

Thanks to Temzin, we now have about 40 pages of never before read in English interviews with Kubooka and others regarding specifically the story of LUNAR. It's amazing stuff. Check the frontpage for the update, and feel free to discuss it here or even create a new topic for specific discussion, as there's some really amazing stuff in there.

And with that, I'm off on vacation for the next week and will likely not even be reading the boards until next Thursday or so. When I get back I'll be back on DSL and will have one of the most important updates this site has ever had within a week or two of that.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Just read 'em.... very cool. Lots of little insights on the processes of the games' creation.

My favorite little bit is how they originally planned to have the Fake Althena give birth to Zophar. That would have certainly been interesting.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Have fun on vacation, G1! I can't wait for the updates you're talking about. I'm curious already.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Mog Dragonheart
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mog Dragonheart »

haha.. G1's poor attempt at tryna get hits for the site~ DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

Mog Dragonheart wrote:haha.. G1's poor attempt at tryna get hits for the site~ DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!

What drugs are you on Mog? :P
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

Mog Dragonheart
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Mog Dragonheart »

The only thing I've been on for months now is caffeine.. and I've been doing it for quite a while! *points at G1* He must die!!

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

You're a dork dude. :P

Seriously, 40 pages of interviews IS an important update.
-G1

keele864
Red Dragon Priest

Post by keele864 »

haha.. G1's poor attempt at tryna get hits for the site~ DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!

This update goes to eleven!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I read through them quickly at work. I'll have to go over them now with the artbook in hand for context. Thanks, Temzin and G1! I've been itching to know what those pages said since I got it!

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Wahaha, Lunar-Net definitely goes to 11 in my book compared to all the Lunar sites I've seen (The Blue Star site was cool way back in the day, though).

One thing I enjoyed reading a while back and translating this time was about things that they had thought of implementing before that they were actually able to for the remake. While I never forgave the EB remake for the missing cinemas, old Luna, simplified Zophar's Castle/last battle, and edited Ziek the Risen/Phantom Sentry/Star Dragon, it's cool that they were able to have Ghaleon show his displeasure at being called Dragonmaster, and also to have the scene where his cloak flies away in the wind, like they wanted Luna's scarf to do. Not bad. Too bad more major ideas like human-form Ruby and a flying Vheen didn't happen, but hey.
aka Maou