Easter!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Easter!

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Happy Easter everyone! :D What are the holiday plans?? I'm really really lonely, I'm home by myself all this week for Spring Break. My friends are out on vacation and the rest of my family went to go visit my cousins, I stayed at home to work. BORING! :(

Anyway, yeah, all alone on Easter and it's a little depressing. xD But I did buy myself some Easter candy lol. Hope everyone has a better holiday than me! :wink: And to those who don't celebrate, Happy Half Off Chocolate Bunnies day!
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Woo, happy Bunny Day and such. I do next to nothing on Easter, I'm just working on make up work that I have after missing several weeks of college due to breaking my ankle.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

DragonmasterAndy
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DragonmasterAndy »

I'm doing nothing...pretty much spending it alone like every other day in my life.

Welcome to my world.

Happy Easter to everyone else though. Hope it's better than mine.
Choose Your Weapon

JWL
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JWL »

9AM - Attended the Easter Sunday mass and celebrated the Resurrection of my Lord, Jesus Christ.

12 noon - Went to Easter lunch at Aunt's house, along with about 20 relatives.

5PM - Went to Easter dinner at other Aunt's house, along with 10 other relatives.

I'm somewhat tired now.

Indignation22
Saith Pirate

Post by Indignation22 »

Actually, I spent almost the entire day playing Guitar Hero II..... If anyone else plays they could appreciate how addictive that game gets. Plus, my fingers were going crazy from all of the candy.
"The French propose to fight us with their ideals of bravery, chivalry and fraternity, which we will counter with the German realities of infantry, cavalry, and artillery."
Xbox 360 tag- Indignation22

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Watched Ten Commandments last night. That movie rocks. Old school style.

Today... church in the morning, went to family after that, played a little Wii with my bro and his buddy, then went to a Bible study in the evening. Fairly enjoyable. I'm kinda tired though.
-G1

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

From 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM I was at my part time job singing in a church, two full services. After that I came home, made a few obligatory phone calls to family members, surfed the net a bit, then took a nap. Now here I am.

No easter eggs for me, with the whole vegan thing and all that, but I did have a dairy-free chocolate bunny. Festive and animal-friendly! :D

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I spent a few hours studying, and took the evening off to read a good book (Anansi Boys, by Neil Gaiman). This morning, my girlfriend and I had a breakfast together and shared the candy we had put in eggs earlier that weekend. It was... literally... sweet. ^_^
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

My family does something very different on easter. I was raised catholic, but my whole family and I all moved along our own paths eventually, all of which lead each of us away from christianity.

Unfortunately, due to a few colds and cold weather, we didn't get to follow through on our plans this year. Here's what we normally do:

There is a large marsh/nature area in the region of wisconsin where we live (Horicon Marsh). Deep in the trails of the marsh, there is a trail where 2/3 of it consists of wooden sections that run out over the water of the marsh, with a gazebo at the center. Each easter (for the past 4 years or so) , myself, my wife, and my parents will go out to that gazebo as close to dawn as possible (with no one around for miles). We'll read the normal catholic readings for the day, and also share whatever else we feel like sharing, like excepts from other spiritual texts (like the tao te ching or the bagavad gita)or song lyrics.

It's quite a change from what we used to do (church, etc) but it means far more to us.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

TaoTeCheese wrote:There is a large marsh/nature area in the region of wisconsin where we live (Horicon Marsh). Deep in the trails of the marsh, there is a trail where 2/3 of it consists of wooden sections that run out over the water of the marsh, with a gazebo at the center. Each easter (for the past 4 years or so) , myself, my wife, and my parents will go out to that gazebo as close to dawn as possible (with no one around for miles). We'll read the normal catholic readings for the day, and also share whatever else we feel like sharing, like excepts from other spiritual texts (like the tao te ching or the bagavad gita)or song lyrics.

It's quite a change from what we used to do (church, etc) but it means far more to us.
Okay, that's sorta awesome. Your family rules.

YoungDyne
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by YoungDyne »

Tao Te Ching, there's a good read.

Today I went to a neighboring town to buy something...only to find out things are closed on Easter! Who knew? I usually stay in with my family but they went camping.

So I went to the park with my camera to take pictures and read a book. The Dhammapada, also a good read. I stayed for the sunset and left.

Aaand, that was pretty much it.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

You wheren't completely alone LuNaRtIc! You had Nall!

It snowed here, and I visited my dad and step mom in Denver for two days, went to church, watched a couple of movies.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonmaster Dyne »

I spent my easter practically alone. I talked to my girlfriend alot over the weekend and played Lunar Dragon Song.
Today is two days before the day after tomorrow.

JWL
Red Dragon Priest

Post by JWL »

GhaleonOne wrote:Watched Ten Commandments last night. That movie rocks. Old school style.
That is one of the greatest films of all time. I watch it every year. It is by far the best film version of the story of Moses which exists, or will ever exist.

That is one of the highlights of my Easter season, along with attending mass and singing the Easter Hymn. I wouldn't be surprised if you sang this yesterday as well:
Easter Hymn wrote: Jesus Christ is risen today, Alleluia!
Our triumphant holy day, Alleluia!
Who did once upon the cross, Alleluia!
Suffer to redeem our loss, Alleluia!

Hymns of praise then let us sing, Alleluia!
Unto Christ, our heavenly King, Alleluia!
Who endured the cross and grave, Alleluia!
Sinners to redeem and save, Alleluia!

But the pains which He endured, Alleluia!
Our salvation hath procured, Alleluia!
Now above the sky He’s king, Alleluia!
Where the angels ever sing, Alleluia!

Sing we to our God above, Alleluia!
Praise eternal as His love, Alleluia!
Praise Him, all you heavenly host, Alleluia!
Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, Alleluia!