Tragic...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Tragic...

Post by GhaleonOne »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/israel_holocaust_reunion

To think that even now, what Hitler did still affects people's lives in a major way. To have missed out on six and a half decades of your family's lives, and find out that most of your siblings and parents are dead, but that they were living all these years. I can't imaginee what it would be like. I'm sure they're overjoyed just to have found some living family still left, but to know that you missed your parents deaths by 20-30 years, and brothers and sisters by as little as months.
-G1

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I imagine something of this sort will continue throughout decades, even after survivors of the holocaust have finally passed away. In a few more decades, I can see more and more of these kinds of stories coming out, but involving places strife with holocaust like horrors (like in some parts of Africa.)

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I think it's good that this is happening. Keeping memories of the holocause alive is important, because people need to know that horrible things like that are what happen when you have a regime based on hatred. *coughgeorgebushcough*

DeathBeforeDenial
Dragonmaster

Post by DeathBeforeDenial »

Please take your petty red/blue anger elsewhere. It's a moot point in this topic and is unecessary. Thank You.

This is an amazing blessing for those two, my friends parents were in Germany and Norway respectively during the war. His own father was running from SS troops in the woods with his friend, he split apart from him, and eventually snuck back a little ways to see the troops questioning his friend, at which the German Officer took out a pistol and shot him in the head. He was one of the infamous "Swing Kids" of the time and was in extreme danger until he successfully went to the United States.

What a tragedy for the world that time was.

Benevolent_Ghaleon
BANNED

Post by Benevolent_Ghaleon »

DeathBeforeDenial wrote:Please take your petty red/blue anger elsewhere. It's a moot point in this topic and is unecessary. Thank You.

This is an amazing blessing for those two, my friends parents were in Germany and Norway respectively during the war. His own father was running from SS troops in the woods with his friend, he split apart from him, and eventually snuck back a little ways to see the troops questioning his friend, at which the German Officer took out a pistol and shot him in the head. He was one of the infamous "Swing Kids" of the time and was in extreme danger until he successfully went to the United States.

What a tragedy for the world that time was.

:( That is quite awful.

I'd also like to point out the danger in these stories. During the Nick Berg stuff, a friend of mine decided to link me to the video. As soon as i saw it, i was infuriated and would have pressed down the "nuke button" immediately afterwards in a blind anger.

America's media, and those online who have enough "power" that they're listened to and considered valid information sources, should definitely be careful about more than what they let out but also about how it gets out. The way something is presented and the emotions it can bring with it are astoundingly powerful.