It's finally over...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

It's finally over...

Post by GhaleonOne »

I checked my grades and found that I pulled an A in the Applied Computer Science and Management Information Systems Projects class. Something very few classes in the past had accomplished. This is huge for my resume, and now that I know I passed the class, I have officially finished my double major with a minor, which I set out to do almost 7 years ago. And because I have so many credit hours and the right classes, I can finish a third major if I take like 3-4 classes (2 of which could be taken online). I can't believe I'm finally done. Now I just get to find a job, which so far I'm not having a lot of luck. Wichita sucks for jobs. I'm definately moving in a year or two.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: It's finally over...

Post by Kizyr »

Awesome... I'm finished with my undergrad now as well, double major and a minor. I'll be holding off the job search while I take a vacation though.

Once I get back I'm headed back to DC which, unlike Wichita, has enough places to look for work {^^}. Why don't you head out East? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

wisequark
Decrepit Old Dragon

Post by wisequark »

fooey, i have school ALL SUMMER :( Friggin BS/MS program -_-

Congrats though! That rocks :-P

Undine
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Undine »

Congrats on all your hard work, Mickey, but jeez man, you really want another semester before you graduate? You crazy.

I too am graduating and then going on a vacation. I only double majored, but one of them was a combined major... can that count as a 2 and a half major? I feel so lazy compared to you people, sheesh.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I don't want another semester, but I'll be getting a full time job for now. Most of the classes I need for it are in the Spring of 2006. So I mean, it's a ways off. What I'm hoping is to find a good paying job (relative for Wichita), and get most of my loans paid off as quickly as possible. Then when I finish the second major next Spring, move elsewhere for a good job.
-G1

Chris
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Chris »

Congrats, G1!

I am proud of you.

Coley Lou
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Coley Lou »

LOL, I hate you all ;P

-Coley (Who will never get out of school....)

Congratulations...

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

I've still 2 years left xD But, I am finally on summer vacay, good riddance to final exams, whew.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

LuciaOne
Goddess

Post by LuciaOne »

Congrats Mickey and Kizzie!

Don't get too drunk on your graduation night!!

HAHAHAHAHAHA j/k! Hooray being straight-edge!
I found my old siggie! MUAH HAHAHAHAHA!!!
~~~
Sir Kizyr: ::high-pitched voice:: Ohh lookit me, I'm a cute li'l elf!
MiaAusa: Oh wait! NO I GET IT.
MiaAusa: It's him finally fessing up the the fact that HE IS a cut li'l elf. :d
MiaAusa: Hey, chance" NO I GET IT" to "NOW I GET IT"
MiaAusa: change**
MiaAusa: I'm mad with grammar today
MiaAusa: bad**

I'm mad with grammar too.
~~~
Sir Kizyr: Here's a lovely song about my favorite food
Sir Kizyr: Lima, lento, soy, and pinto ~ Navy, northern, and garbanzo! ~ Kidneys and frijoles negros
Sir Kizyr: I love beans, I love beans, woo woo woo! ~ How 'bout you? ~ High in fiber ~ Low in fat ~ Hey, I betcha didn't know that
Sir Kizyr: When I eat beans, I sit in my little cloud, I don't know why ~ maybe 'cause I'm cuttin' muffins ~~ Because....
Sir Kizyr: I love beans! Hey hey hey! ~ I love beans everyday! ~ Beans are an excellent source of protein ~ I love beans!
Sir Kizyr: Diggydoo!
~~~

Moonshadow
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Moonshadow »

Congradulations to all of you graduating. I need to push myself off to college eventually. I'm thinking of studying the culinary arts.
Those who live by the sword are usually shot by those who don't.

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

Woo, Becca, G1, and Kiz!

And yay for double majors!
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Drake-Dark
Meribian Merchant

Post by Drake-Dark »

The work place is udder junk. I'm trying to find a job so I can get outta Job Corp and move on with my life, but no luck as yet.
"I could never fight without my clothes on...I'd keep tripping over my sword. Heh heh heh....." -Kyle

MiaOne
Dragonmaster

Post by MiaOne »

You guys make me feel like a failure (Mickey, Beka, and Kiz) :P

Here I am, only a photography major with no double. What AM I going to do with my life? I am taking classes over the summer though so go me and my stanima or however you spell it.

And congradulations Mickey!!!!! I knew you'd do it. Do you really want another major?
Lunar: Dragon Song sucked

Nicole Reannin Elgan-Moore
We will always remember...

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm really contemplating it. I'd like to also get a few certifications anyways. I know little about networking, even with the CSIS degree, so it would really be in my best interest to do so. I'll probably get a semi-ok job around here and finish up the third major and a certification or two, then move to a bigger city.
-G1

Rune Lai
Bromide Hunter

Post by Rune Lai »

Congratulations! :) Sorry, I'm running a little behind everyone else.
You have taught us the pity to live.
But I will not forget the beauty of life itself.
--Hyuui Riin, Phantasy Star II
-- http://www.sabrecat.net/ --

keele864
Red Dragon Priest

Post by keele864 »

And Rune thought she was late to congratulate you....

Congrats G1!

I'm really contemplating it. I'd like to also get a few certifications anyways. I know little about networking, even with the CSIS degree, so it would really be in my best interest to do so. I'll probably get a semi-ok job around here and finish up the third major and a certification or two, then move to a bigger city.

You sound like you're addicted to school. Not that's a bad thing by any means... Good luck with your plans.

AbsoluteAlex
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AbsoluteAlex »

congrads to all grads! for all you who have pursued dual majors, that is impressive. I am just finishin up my BS, not in anything computers, but in an engineering discipline. I am going to be so thankful once out of school, 4 years of blood, sweat, and tears and finally done. Enjoy those vacations. I know I will. My buddies and I are chartering our own yacht and trouncing aound the carribean for a little while. Keeping the stock of Captain full at all times of course!

AlasdairPalemoon
Red Dragon Priest

Post by AlasdairPalemoon »

Congratulations to the grads and best of luck in finding a job, G1. I've, off and on, been in community college for the last five years and I finally decided on my path to a Bachelor's in Game Art and Design (yes, it exists.) It's nothing as impressive as a double major but considering that I was a lazy bum a lot in the last several years, I'm rather proud of myself for being able to do classes full-time in the last year and working at the same time.

Let's pat ourselves on the back now ;)

Darkgeohound
Nanza Bandit

Post by Darkgeohound »

Congrats to all you people. I don't know you people , but good job. i couldn't do that 2 major thing, so that makes you a respectable person in my book. I leave for college at the end of summer.
There is no greater purpose in life than that which we make for ourselves.

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Yes, definitely congratulations! I wish that I could say something along those lines for myself. Unfortunately, I have only had about about a year of college under my belt... but still not close to any kind of degree. I was in Art (Graphic Communications), because I love drawing... but I wonder if I should really go for it, it's such a hard field to find a real good job in.

Anywho sorry for the short rant :P Really, you guys are so awesome!! *Hug*

Take care now :)