Will be gone...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Will be gone...

Post by GhaleonOne »

The staff and a few other regulars already know this, but I will likely be very sparse in my posting for a while. I start a new job in Kansas City on Monday, and will be leaving for there tomorrow. I'm staying at an extended stay "hotel" for a week or two, and then should be moving into a new apartment sometime during that time. I had hoped to move next weekend, but apparently because it's Super Bowl weekend, I'll be moving all on my own, so that kinda screwed me. I'm still hoping to find an apartment by Thursday, and just setup some air matresses and a few neccessities over the weekend until I can get enough help to move the big stuff. But this also means my internet access, other than at work, will be cut drastically. And being a new job, I probably won't be checking any regular websites from there, unless they don't care. It's an ad agency... meaning the work will be somewhat heavy anyways, so I may not even have time. The "hotel" is supposed to have high speed internet access, but I've never used that kind of accomodation, so we'll see how well that works out. But I wanted to give a heads up, as I probably will not respond to anything in a timely manner for a while.
-G1

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Good luck at your new job!

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Yeah, totally G1! Enjoy your job :D

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I guess it depends whether the high speed access is free or not. I've seen exorbitant rates before. ^^;;;

Good luck in moving.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Well, I just found that I get unlimited dialup time using my DSL account, and they have local access numbers up there, so I'm set. But dialup is painfully slow after being used to high speed, so I probably won't be doing much. After looking the brochure over, the high speed access is free, but I think you have to go down to their computer to use it, and not from your room.
-G1

DragonmasterDan
Lunar Legend

Post by DragonmasterDan »

GhaleonOne wrote:Well, I just found that I get unlimited dialup time using my DSL account, and they have local access numbers up there, so I'm set. But dialup is painfully slow after being used to high speed, so I probably won't be doing much. After looking the brochure over, the high speed access is free, but I think you have to go down to their computer to use it, and not from your room.

Most hotels with high speed offer it via wireless.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Not necessarily. There are still a lot of hotels with "business centers" off of the lobby rather than having it in every room.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Hope it goes well :)
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

keele864
Red Dragon Priest

Post by keele864 »

Good luck!

Ramza Izlude
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Ramza Izlude »

I hope all goes well. Good luck to you. :)

~Izlude~
My love steals my light and darkens my eyes.

~G.W.~

Eternal Blue Hiro
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Eternal Blue Hiro »

I'm so having a Hotel Party there. I hope you enjoy drunk, belligerent sailors as guests.

If not, it's not going to be quite as much fun for you as it is for me.

Joking, I don't drink.

Good luck at your new job Geewon.

joker_mausland
Pao Hunter

Post by joker_mausland »

My brother lives in Kansas City! I'm going back there soon so maybe we'll meet sometime?

Dragonmaster Lou
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Dragonmaster Lou »

Good luck on the new job and settling in to your new home town.
"Guts can turn a 30% chance into a 100% chance!" - Taiga Kohtarou
Personal home page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou
Lunar page: http://www.techhouse.org/~lou/lunar/
AMV page: http://www.tealstudios.com

Master Lunn
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Master Lunn »

good luck with your new job G1!

Maru
Bromide Hunter

Post by Maru »

Oh em gee, best of luck, Mickey!! I have college friends from Kansas City, so I hope the crazy stories live up to their names.

Teh heart.

Dragonlord911
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonlord911 »

Good luck working for da Man ( or the new man).
Get on the bosses good side.
"I'll fight when needed, revel when there's occasion, mourn when there is grief, and die if my time comes... but I won't let anyone use me against my will."
Eragon