Upper Mid-West

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
red9_merchant
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Upper Mid-West

Post by red9_merchant »

More of a curiousity thing than anything else. But, I was wondering if anyone around here lived in the upper mid-west. Why do I ask? Well, I have quite a few friends here that have played Final Fantasy, but I only know three people that have played Lunar. Me, my brother, and some guy that used to go to my school. I just thought it would be neat to know of any other upper mid-west Lunar lovers, since they seem so scarce. :/

Pisces
Threadkiller

Post by Pisces »

Define "upper mid-west". I live near Omaha, Nebraska, but that's more right in the center...
"Let man's petty nations tear themselves apart; my land's only borders lie around my heart."

-Tim Rice, from the song "Anthem" in the musical Chess

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I live in Michigan, but does that count? I live a few minutes outside Port Huron. My brother introduced me to Lunar, and he is currently living in Marquette because of college. I introduced Lunar to my cousins who live in Gladstone, which is right next to Escanaba. And my sister is a bit of a Lunar fan, and she is attending Grand Valley University in Grand Rapids.

So there are a few Lunar fans scattered around Michigan, that is if you're counting it as mid-west. :wink: But it's probably more "upper" than "mid-west" though.
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

SilverOcean
Lyton Singer

Post by SilverOcean »

You’re talking about the states around the western side of the Great Lakes, aren’t you?

If you are my answer is no. I do not - and I don’t know anyone who - live(s) in that region.

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

Well, I live in Indiana, which is part of the Midwest but probably wouldn't be considered part of the Upper Midwest. However, I hope to be living in what could be considered the Upper Midwest by next year.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Colorado Springs, Colorado is my home.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Vane Premier
Reza Thief

Post by Vane Premier »

I was born in Prairie du Chien, WI and now I live in Oshkosh for school.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Wichita, KS which is midwest, though not really upper midwest. I'm moving to either Kansas City or Loveland, Colorado in the next 2-3 weeks though.
-G1

red9_merchant
Student of Vane

Post by red9_merchant »

Well, I don't really mind if it's upper or lower, or whatever. It's just nice to know other mid-west Lunar fans exist. ^-^

As for me... Eh. I've lived in Wisconsin all my life. Used to live in Madison, now I live about 30 - 40 minutes from Milwaukee.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Midwest represent!

Post by localflick »

I live just south of Chicago, which is somewhat northern. There's at least a few more Lunar-lovers around here that I know of.

If only Lunar had the popularity of Final Fantasy...
I wonder what the ratio of Lunar to Final Fantasy fans is. More importantly, I wonder what the ratio of Final Fantasy fans who never experienced a Lunar game to those that have is.

red9_merchant
Student of Vane

Post by red9_merchant »

I wish there were more Lunar fans anywhere. Though, most of my friends that I've shown Lunar to loved it, though they never had the chance to play it, and the price drives them and their wallets away. But, there's no beating Final Fantasy. Kinda sad, actually. I can understand 1 - 6, but eh. I never liked 7 - 10 as much. But that's just me.

But you know what? I've gone off topic. So, it is nice to know there are Lunar fans somewhere near me. localflick probably lives just 2 hours from me. It's okay talking to friends about FF, but I would almost rather talk about Lunar, and it doesn't work out when they don't know who or what I'm talking about. Then there is my friend who hated Lunar with a passion and tried to destroy my copy of EBC. Shame. Off topic again. Bah! I'm just distracted, so I'm going to stop before I go on about how annoying this class is. :/

Silentcrisis
BANNED

Post by Silentcrisis »

maby when lunar 3 comes out more people will get into it

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

I live in Buffalo, NY... no other Lunar fans close by I'm afraid... or none that I know of ~_~ But it does get rather cold and snowy in the NE so I can understand :P Kinda like the Blue Star up here :p Cold and desolate. Hehe

red9_merchant
Student of Vane

Post by red9_merchant »

You think you've got it cold? My toes are numb from cold Wisconsin weather. ;.;

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Buffalo is cold too. Indiana can be too... just not this year apparently.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Do all Yankees brag to each other about how cold their state is?
Strange custom... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

Minnesota or North Dakota is probably the worst. Unless you're at the top of the mountains, but average temps are probably worst in one of those two states.

Well, excluding Alaska.
-G1

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Then there is my friend who hated Lunar with a passion and tried to destroy my copy of EBC.

...off topic or not THAT'S MESSED UP! Who would want to do such a thing!? EBC's getting harder to find every day! It's not like FF7 where you can just go to a gamestore and buy another copy.

But yeah, midwest Lunar-fans unite!

PrettyGirlJean
White Dragon Knight

Post by PrettyGirlJean »

Kizyr wrote:Do all Yankees brag to each other about how cold their state is?
Strange custom... KF

:lol: I wasn't exactly bragging ;p Actually, I've heard that Buffalo is having a pretty mild winter, more rain than snow... so maybe not so much like the Blue Star... :p

I must be lucky, I've seen the Lunar games in all of the EBs around here. Sometimes multiple copies. Weird.

red9_merchant
Student of Vane

Post by red9_merchant »

localflick wrote:
Then there is my friend who hated Lunar with a passion and tried to destroy my copy of EBC.

...off topic or not THAT'S MESSED UP! Who would want to do such a thing!? EBC's getting harder to find every day! It's not like FF7 where you can just go to a gamestore and buy another copy.

But yeah, midwest Lunar-fans unite!

She just hates the Lunar games with a passion. She grabbed my copy and wanted to destory it, but luckily her cousin convinced her it wasn't worth it and hugged my copy afterwards to assure it was alright. I have some of the oddest friends.