Bush got the boot!

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Werefrog
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Bush got the boot!

Post by Werefrog »

It says he'll get the Secret Service protection for 10 years. I'm assuming that's 10 post-election years, right?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

10 years should actually be starting after the Inaugeration of the new president.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Oh, right. Presidents used to get Secret Service protection for Life, even after they left office, but I think they reduced it at some point.

But when the Secret Service protection fades, shoes being thrown will be the LEAST of his worries. He does live in Texas, ya know, and there's a whole lot of /guns/ in Texas...
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

meg
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by meg »

nobody's going to assassinate bush. he's rich enough to afford his own bodyguards. and yes, texans have guns. but that doesn't mean they run around murdering whatever political figure they don't like.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Texas has guns should equate that Bush will have more than enough protection. Besides, I think Bush has more to worry about when going hunting with Cheny.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

...you need to re-read the article. He gets Secret Service protection when he leaves office.

Makes some sense to limit the amount of time a president gets SS protection after leaving office. When was the last assassination attempt on a former president? People hate Bush as president; when he's out of power, there's no point--and when it's 10 years after-the-fact, there's definitely no point. Bush really doesn't have anything to worry about. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)