New Years Resolutions

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Ozone
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: New Years Resolutions

Post by Ozone »

I have a bunch of resolutions (though I didn't come up with any of them on New Years, it's really just a compilation of things that I realize that I need to work on that I made note of last year), but I'm not sure anyone would get where I'm coming from considering that I rarely share aspects of my personal life on the board.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

meg
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by meg »

none, besides to workworkwork. i didn't keep ANY of the ones i made last year.

Jenner
Dragonmaster

Post by Jenner »

zzzz
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

This is apart of my new year resolutions, but this year I want to be "The Year of Giving" (2007 was "The Year of Change.")

So far, I have bought food for family, bought gifts for family, given large tips to waiters, waitresses, and delivery people, and I have $150 cash to give to someone to help them with their new apartment. But wait, it doesn't end there! I want to give away $2,000 to people in need of the money this year, or food and supplies, or both. Charities would be a nice addition. Hmmm.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

phyco126 wrote:This is apart of my new year resolutions, but this year I want to be "The Year of Giving" (2007 was "The Year of Change.")

So far, I have bought food for family, bought gifts for family, given large tips to waiters, waitresses, and delivery people, and I have $150 cash to give to someone to help them with their new apartment. But wait, it doesn't end there! I want to give away $2,000 to people in need of the money this year, or food and supplies, or both. Charities would be a nice addition. Hmmm.
What a coincidence! I've decided to make 2008 my "Year of Receiving!"

Should I send you my paypal information now?

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

Ha! Nice try ;) I haven't exactly done a whole heck of alot so far, just gave a co-worker $149 to help her out in her move.

I don't do paypal though, aside from to use my debit card at stores that need them but don't have their own built in card payment system.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I resolve to be more consistent regarding my various interests, compulsory and voluntary, rather than just dropping out of sight on one or more for weeks or months at a time.

...crud.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Alunissage wrote:I resolve to be more consistent regarding my various interests, compulsory and voluntary, rather than just dropping out of sight on one or more for weeks or months at a time.

...crud.
xD Awwwwwwwwwwwww.

I think that made my night.
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Dangit, I went more than a week without updating my xanga, and lagged behind posting here.

Well, I can make up for posting on LunarNET. And, I have more stuff to talk about when I update my xanga tonight. So, it's still all good.

Also, I decided on a few Lunar-specific goals, since it won't be long before I'm planning on being back in school and short on time. Those are:

By end of February:
- finish re-doing the summaries of all the SSS Lunar novels (well on track with that now; only half of the fourth and final book left)
- finish going through Magical School Lunar, including notes for entire game (well on track with that, too)

By end of March:
- finish v1.0 of Magical School Lunar walkthrough (may even get this done well before the end of March, at this rate)
- finish code for secret LunarNET project

By end of May:
- finish re-doing the summaries of all the EB Lunar novels

By end of August:
- finish summaries of the two extra Lunar novels (Lemina's story, and Magic School)

By end of September:
- finish translating EB Manga

By end of November:
- finish translating both Magic School manga volumes

Some other things would include starting work on translating all those drama CDs, and full lyrics+translations for every soundtrack song. I'm not sure where that'll fit in; I'm wanting to do much of that this summer. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Kizyr wrote:By end of March:
- finish v1.0 of Magical School Lunar walkthrough (may even get this done well before the end of March, at this rate)
:shock:

Must.... know.... more....

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

ilovemyguitar wrote:
Kizyr wrote:By end of March:
:shock:
Must.... know.... more....
Er, I guess it's semi-secret, really. I see that I've already mentioned it before on these forums... KF
~Kizyr (they|them)