New boards...

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: New boards...

Post by Angelalex242 »

Speaking of sigs, I should be able to fix mine using the img button, right?

Or not. The IMG button doesn't make it appear.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Angelalex242 wrote:Speaking of sigs, I should be able to fix mine using the img button, right?

Or not. The IMG button doesn't make it appear.
You have to use img in brackets and then close the brackets after the image url.

Like so [img]url[/img]
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow
"I'll hit your head with the thunder clap, you're seeing Horus"

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Odd. Now it just says 'image' instead of a picture.
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

*shrugs* You're not hotlinking it.... are you?
"'There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." - James Morrow

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

I don't think so. G1 hosts it on this site for me.

Ozone
Dragonmaster

Post by Ozone »

Angelalex242 wrote:I don't think so. G1 hosts it on this site for me.
Strange indeed. Well, that was my two cents on the issue, sorry I'm not more helpful on the matter =/ I'd just check with G1 regarding the image and making sure that everything is set up right.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Angelalex242 wrote:I don't think so. G1 hosts it on this site for me.
Most probably the image was moved around with the new site. A bunch of things have been reorganized. Either me or G1 could check sometime later and let you know if there's a new location, or just re-upload it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Thank you.

Let me know if you find it :)

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Ok, done. The "media" files are mostly in the "multimedia" folder now, so that's all it is. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Angelalex242
Legendary Hero

Post by Angelalex242 »

Thank you very kindly.

I have my sig back!

DezoPenguin
Red Dragon Priest

Post by DezoPenguin »

By the way, I just have to say that I like the forum banner. Are the two girls on the far right from Walking School?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

DezoPenguin wrote:By the way, I just have to say that I like the forum banner. Are the two girls on the far right from Walking School?
Yep; it's Ellie (Elie) and Lena (Rena) from Walking/Magic School. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

ilovemyguitar wrote:I just want to know if this is the color scheme that we're going to be sticking with, because if so, I'll probably want to change my avatar and banner and stuff. The darker colors sorta seem out of place on this.

Actually, I've been thinking of changing that stuff out anyway. I've had the Kyle theme for a while now, and it's about time for a change.
Okay, so I have a new Avatar. It's a piece done by Banksy, one of my favorite visual artists. (Not that I know that many. I just like the statements he makes. His website is here if any of y'all are curious.)

Now I have no idea what I'm going to do for a new banner. Localflick made this one for me eons ago. Myself, I'm clueless when it comes to stuff like this. Anyone want to lend a hand?

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

And now I've redone both my avatar and signature banner. Now the banner is a cropped version of a piece of graffiti done by Banksy, and the avatar is a random picture I found on a google image search.

I'm debating if I should resize the banner to be a bit smaller or not. Is it too obnoxious in its current size?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

ilovemyguitar wrote:And now I've redone both my avatar and signature banner. Now the banner is a cropped version of a piece of graffiti done by Banksy, and the avatar is a random picture I found on a google image search.

I'm debating if I should resize the banner to be a bit smaller or not. Is it too obnoxious in its current size?
I think it's fine, but, it might be better if it were down to about 550-600 pixels wide (instead of 667). If you're in normal full-screen 1024x768 resolution it doesn't stretch, but if your browser isn't maxed then the horizontal scroll shows up.

Though, one good thing about phpBB since the last upgrade is that a wide image/text string only stretches the one post, instead of the entire page of posts. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Kizyr wrote:
ilovemyguitar wrote:And now I've redone both my avatar and signature banner. Now the banner is a cropped version of a piece of graffiti done by Banksy, and the avatar is a random picture I found on a google image search.

I think it's fine, but, it might be better if it were down to about 550-600 pixels wide (instead of 667). If you're in normal full-screen 1024x768 resolution it doesn't stretch, but if your browser isn't maxed then the horizontal scroll shows up.

Though, one good thing about phpBB since the last upgrade is that a wide image/text string only stretches the one post, instead of the entire page of posts. KF
Thanks for the input, I've altered it again. Now it's 556 pixels across, and I've included more at the bottom so that it doesn't cut the little girl off at the bottom of her dress. I'm thinking this is how I'm going to keep things for the time being.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

I like the new sig, Guitar.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to call you Guitar from now on unless you mind it.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Werefrog wrote:I like the new sig, Guitar.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to call you Guitar from now on unless you mind it.
Thank you. :)

I'll answer to Guitar. My real name is Joe, for whatever that's worth, but I don't really care either way. Just don't call me late for dinner.