Acen 2007

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Acen 2007

Post by LuNaRtIc »

Don't know if this goes in here or the Anime category, but I was just wondering if anyone is going to Anime Central this year? I went last year, and I was bummed to realize that I totally missed meeting LuciaOne, despite seeing L1 in her cosplay and with her Nall plushie. xD There's a good chance that I'm going this year, and if anyone else is going, we should meet up sometime! :D (So I don't get mean/weird looks from random Lunar cosplayers when I ask them if they're from the boards and they're not. >___>)
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Post by CatsWithMatches »

The wife and I will most certainly be there! It'll be my fourth year. I can't wait!

I was actually going to post something on this myself soon, and see if anyone from here was going.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I would love to go! But alas, I cannot :( No money. ><

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

Dragonmaster Dyne
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Dragonmaster Dyne »

here you there phyco. Just paid for a new car, i'm broke
Today is two days before the day after tomorrow.

Indignation22
Saith Pirate

Post by Indignation22 »

Im near philly, so the big thing around here is... Zenkaikon or something like that. I'm about to go to college so I kind of need to save all the money I can.
"The French propose to fight us with their ideals of bravery, chivalry and fraternity, which we will counter with the German realities of infantry, cavalry, and artillery."
Xbox 360 tag- Indignation22

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

hehe, I'm about to go to college as well, but I say screw money. xD (Which is probably BAD O_o) But I cheat and really only pay a quarter of what the average con goer does. I get discounts because my sister works with Jpophouse. xD
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I can probably go next year, but I don't get time off from my job that quick. Plus, I think that's the weekend I'm playing in a big soccer tournament. Next year I'll try and go, but probably only if anybody from here (or LuciaOne, etc.) go.
-G1

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

I'd go anyway. For my previous three years, it's been one of the most fun weekends of the year for me, and I only run into a few people I know there.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

How much would the entire thing run? (Including plane tickets, hotel, food, fun, taxi, etc etc etc)

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

Can't comment on plane tickets, as we drive there. The Hotels, depending on which one you stay in, can range anywhere from $120-$150 a night (and this thing is 3 days long). Food and fun is like traveling in a foreign country - you can do it cheaply or really expensively.

It's not really a cheap weekend. But certainly worth it...

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

phyco126 wrote:How much would the entire thing run? (Including plane tickets, hotel, food, fun, taxi, etc etc etc)
http://www.acen.org for more details. There isn't any rooms left in the main hotel, but the overflow hotel has rooms still, and they're much cheaper than the main hotel. ($99 a night) But if you room with a lot a friends and everyone chips in for the room money, then it's really cheap. :D
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」

CatsWithMatches
Red Dragon Priest

LuNaRtIc wrote:There isn't any rooms left in the main hotel, but the overflow hotel has rooms still, and they're much cheaper than the main hotel.
Yeah, we didn't quite make it in time to get in to the main hotel. That's really the way to do it, too, seeing as the con is in that hotel. Total immersion. Wanna go to some obscure event at 3am? Just go downstairs!

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I'll have to get a good paying job and save up some money to go next year, then maybe even get myself a outfit so I can cosplay a Lunar character :D