MPG - MP3 Conversion

General talk. News, religion, politics, your daily life, whatever, it goes here. Just keep it clean.
Mog Dragonheart
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

MPG - MP3 Conversion

Post by Mog Dragonheart »

Anyone have experience with this that can help me out? I want to convert some .mpeg video files into .mp3 audio and I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking for because there's a lot of mumbo jumbo when you google it. Could someone recommend software to buy that would do this for me?

exigence
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by exigence »

my soundcard came with a program that recorded from an internal mic, if you have one you could try that. or you can convert it to wave by using windows sound recorder.

wildthehero
Lostest Boy

Post by wildthehero »

Goldwave. Its shareware and should recognize just the audio from the video file. It can convert to mp3 or anyone else you want.
Who says you cant have your cake and eat it too!?!

Maiku
Student of Vane

Post by Maiku »

Alright! Something I know :mrgreen: *clears throat*

First off, you should have WinAmp. It's an awesome Windows movie/music player. If not, find it through yahoo/google or simply download it from Zophar.net. Next off, when you have WinAmp open, click on Options and then on Preferences. Depending on the version, you are looking for the Plug-in tab, which under it should say like "in-put & out-put". Select Output and it should bring up three selections. Highlight Null Soft Diskwriter and then press close. Now when you press play on the MPG, it will record just the audio to your computer. When it's done, go to "My computer", click on Local: C file and the large WAV file should be in there. Now you need to convert it to MP3. Use the freeware SWITCH...

Here's a link: Switch Index

This program should seem self-explanatory, but if you need help just ask. After this process, which is short to me, be sure to put the Plugin output file back on DirectSound output, so you can replay files again instead of recording & delete the WAV file on the computer to prevent lots of space from being taken up. Let me know how it works out.

If you still can't figure it out, I can do it for you. I'll just need the MPG and we can exchange the file through MSN messenger or something ^_^

Hope I helped!