iOS updates!

For discussion of the iOS platform version of Lunar.
GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

iOS updates!

Post by GhaleonOne »

In case you missed the news story, I just put up some screenshots of some updates being submitted to the app store for LUNAR: Silver Star Story Touch! Go check it out up in the news if you're interested.
-G1

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: iOS updates!

Post by DevNall »

And said update is out!

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

So, Luna can equip a sword... I don't remember this from the PS1 version.
And I must say, she looks cool using it in battle! She like... swings it with style XD

There are menu glitches. Why aren't they fixed? There is so much work going on and I still dont see the magic menus fixed. Or save menu. Or shops.
It's easier to test the game rather than explain it, but for example when you use Lunar's healing magic, the cursor appears in the wrong place than it really is meant to be in.

Edit: Waaaait. She can equip it in the PS1 version too! It took me all these years to finally try it. I thought it was a glitch :mrgreen: I'm gonna leave the post like this for self shame. But anyway, the shopping menu doesnt make sense, cause when I select the sword, Luna appears sitting down, but she can equip it. Actually, only Alex stands when he can equip something. As for the saving menu, I'd just like a confirmation before over-writing a file, or to have to select between save or load with the buttons. Cause see, the game shows Save, Load, Exit.
And I'm thinking I have to press the button to select save, so I can select a slot after, but nope! If I press the button, it will save right away and no confirmation of overwriting. Does this make sense?

jos24
Lostest Boy

Post by jos24 »

Luna can equip sword? what sword?
Althena Bless u

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Dagger
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

jos24
Lostest Boy

Post by jos24 »

New update 15/04/2021 🤭

Version 2.1.5
Fix for a possible crash in the cave of trials on 64 bit devices and added an option to go back to the main menu using 3D touch
Althena Bless u

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

jos24 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:52 pm New update 15/04/2021 🤭

Version 2.1.5
Fix for a possible crash in the cave of trials on 64 bit devices and added an option to go back to the main menu using 3D touch
If there are more updates, what would you like to see? (Aside from other games/versions, of course.)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I've never really gotten used to the font, silly as it sounds. Well, maybe it's not that silly; I dunno.

And, of course, I wish the item and location names matched the dialogue. Though it's been a while since I played earlier parts of it and I have no idea if my concerns are even current. Likewise with the three bugs I recall off the top of my head:

1) NPCs missing in the Magic Guild (it looks like the set of people that's supposed to be there during the evacuation gets loaded after Alex is put in prison).

2) Water texture missing in Lann and maybe Burg, I forget.

3) In I think the magic and/or item menu (out of battle), the cursor isn't actually on the character it displays. E.g., it looks like it's on Luna but it behaves as though it's on Nall initially, or something like that.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

They are looking for folks who want to try out a beta of the next major update, if anyone is interested.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

DevNall, I have a negative amount of free time right now but if you can direct me to the appropriate contact, I wouldn't mind poking at it a bit. My main concern is that I have what seems like several dozen saves and I wouldn't want to risk losing those. (My notion of how saves are managed is extremely fuzzy.)

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Alunissage wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 5:26 am DevNall, I have a negative amount of free time right now but if you can direct me to the appropriate contact, I wouldn't mind poking at it a bit. My main concern is that I have what seems like several dozen saves and I wouldn't want to risk losing those. (My notion of how saves are managed is extremely fuzzy.)
You can just email info (at) somoga.com, tell them you're a user here and you'd like to try out the new beta, .etc. Edit: Make sure you specify your device type(s) and OS version.

Saves should be preserved but if you want to be paranoid, you actually download them from your device using iTunes (or the built-in Finder equivalent in recent MacOS).

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Okay, I'm all of two minutes into the beta and wow, it looks and sounds great. I especially love the Retro menu look, although I don't think I can use it without an external controller, which I don't have.

It doesn't seem to know about my saves, though, so I'll have to start over...

ShugoHanasaki
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShugoHanasaki »

Hopefully Android can get it soon. They have had years
Lotus Moon Productions
- Podcasts on Independent Music Artists & Wrestling -

https://soundcloud.com/lotusmoonproductions

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I should have mentioned that my cloud saves are once again available, though the number of save slots is now limited to 30 at a time. Apparently downloadable and therefore archivable that way, but I haven't bothered. And again, the Saturn music is really, really good. I'd known this but hadn't fully appreciated it since I haven't played that far in the Saturn game.

jos24
Lostest Boy

Post by jos24 »

New updates 31 dec 2022

Welcome to Lunar Silver Star Touch version 3! This is the most significant update since the game's initial release, as many of the components had to be completely swapped out in order to properly support modern iOS devices. Please note that this version is not compatible with some older iOS devices.
Graphics Changes
- The game now renders at 60fps across all compatible devices.
- Color mixing effects have been properly implemented.
- Line rasterization effects (most of which only worked on the Saturn) have been reimplemented.
- Widescreen support has been revamped to better support a variety of devices.
- Some additional widescreen graphics have been added.

Audio Changes
- Quality is now higher.
- You can now choose between the Saturn and PSP music tracks.
- The volume of various pieces (BGM, SFX, VOICE, MOVIE) can be separately adjusted.
Gameplay Changes
- Many new bluetooth controllers are now supported.
- Settings are now in-game rather than the in the Settings app.
- Map exploration and battle can be sped up (note:
this does not apply while in-menu)
- Touch controls can be hidden for those who play solely with external controllers.
- There is also a retro Ul mode designed for play with external controllers.
- Enemy difficult can now adjusted, with two levels currently implemented, approximating the Japanese Saturn and US PS1 releases.
iCloud Changes
- iCloud integration has been rewritten.
This version now requires an A10 or better CPU (iPhone 7 or better, Apple TV 4K).
Althena Bless u

BookishBaubyl
Burg Farmer

Post by BookishBaubyl »

So good to see this getting updates still! And what a whopper!
Wish I had a device to enjoy it, but mine is too old.

Really glad Somoga is still alive, and hope they port EB- and maybe get put in charge of a potential Switch port! They deserve it.
Happy almost New Year LunarNet!

jos24
Lostest Boy

Post by jos24 »

New update 31 dec 2022

Fixes an issue where the game might crash for certain language settings on your Phone.
Fixes a graphical issue in the Nanza Barrier basement.
Fixes an issue with keyboard controls on certain M1 devices.
Version 3.0.1 •
Althena Bless u

RedHairGreenEyes
Pao Hunter

Post by RedHairGreenEyes »

Taken from toucharcade article describing the recent update to Lunar TSSST (posted 1/2/23):

"It’s been a little while since the last update to SoMoGa’s fine port of Lunar, Lunar: Silver Star Story Touch ($9.99). It’s been a longer while since its last major update, version 2.0. Four years and eight years, respectively. Well, late last week SoMoGa suddenly dropped an astounding update to the game, bringing it up to a spiffy 3.0 with a ton of great features. Let’s go through all of it, shall we?

So, Lunar: Silver Star Story Touch. The only way to buy the English version of Lunar in any form these days shy of diving into the second-hand stores or picking up that PSP remake. Even SEGA couldn’t swing a deal to bring the English version of the SEGA-CD original to its Genesis Mini 2. That makes this a rather important app, and one that I certainly wouldn’t want to see disappear. Publisher SoMoGa isn’t exactly active on the App Store, with just this game and Vay ($0.99) in its catalog. With literal presidential terms passing between updates at times, it wouldn’t be weird to expect them to throw in the towel and head home.

But no! Glorious update! Amazing update! In the category of graphics, the game now runs at 60 fps on all compatible devices. Excellent. Widescreen support has been improved, and a number of effects that haven’t been working right since the original Saturn version are now properly implemented. The audio quality has been improved, and you can now choose between the PSP and Saturn versions of the soundtrack. You can also adjust audio levels separately for various components in case you want the music to be quieter than the voices or something.

Tons of new Bluetooth controllers are supported now, and the settings can actually be accessed in-app rather than having to go through your device’s Settings app. Yes, this app is that old. You can now speed up gameplay in both battles and exploration, allowing you to move through the game more quickly. You can now hide the touch controls and switch to the classic UI in case you’re playing with a controller and want a more vintage feel, and you can switch between two different difficulty settings. The easier one lines up with the Japanese Saturn version, while the harder one matches the American PlayStation version done by Working Designs.

In essence, you can pretty much Saturn this port up or down as you prefer. And that is awesome. The only casualty here seems to be the ability to play the game in Portrait mode. If the feature is still there, I must have missed it. If it is gone, that is somewhat unfortunate. Sometimes I just like to play Lunar with one hand while I’m sword-fighting with Mikhail with my other hand. But it’s a small price to pay for all of these fine improvements. The app has been completely rejuvenated, giving me renewed hope that if I nag SoMoGa enough we will get a port of Lunar: Eternal Blue someday. You have given a Nall a cookie here, my friends.

You’ll need a device that uses an A10 CPU or better to use this new version of the game. That means an iPhone 7 or up, or an Apple TV 4K, that sort of thing. Provided you do (and I hope you do), you can update your game or go ahead and buy it if you haven’t before and dig into a fancy-pants version of one of the finest RPGs of the 16-bit era. Seriously, though. Lunar: Eternal Blue. Conk whoever you have to on the head to make it happen."

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

We're up to 3.0.3 now.

- This update fixes a bug that may occur if a particular item is used in Vane's Crystal Tower.
- This update also adds a note in audio settings to check your ringer (silence) switch in case you do not hear any audio.
- Fixed a graphical bug that may occur when you enter the bar in Meribia while the city is under attack.
- Fixed a loop that can occur if you receive certain key items when Alex's inventory is full.
- Increased the time level up stats are shown.

Also, we've added a new widescreen filter for video (which can be enabled/disabled in settings), and made some under-the-hood improvements to localization and video playback that you probably won't notice... but your phone will thank us!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'm so glad that this continues to be polished up. Such a labor of love. I would love to know the details of the Crystal Tower bug.

I'm not a podcast person but the BloodGodPod talked about SSS and did mention the iOS version, I saw on Twitter. I really hope some people who don't already have SSST are prompted to get it from that. I just realized today that I could buy it for my mom's iPad, which I will just to be able to pay for it again and give that drop of support to SoMoGa. Maybe I can even get her to play it...