New title song??!!

For discussion of the iOS platform version of Lunar.
jos24
Lostest Boy
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

New title song??!!

Post by jos24 »

This new song is official? was composed by Noriyuki Iwadare or somoga invention for port on ios? i did not like the game, it is difficult to handle and does not offer any extras to justify once again this story, i love Lunar but i need a new game or at least a remake of Lunar 2 in PSVita, the worst is that used all psp game audio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xL3kH8d ... e=youtu.be
Last edited by jos24 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
Althena Bless u

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: New title song??!!

Post by DevNall »

jos24 wrote:This new song is official? was composed by Noriyuki Iwadare or somoga invention for port on ios? i did not like the game, it is difficult to handle and does not offer any extras to justify once again this story, i love Lunar but i need a new game or at least a remake of Lunar 2 in PSVita, the worst is that used all psp game audio
Supposedly some extras were planned and may resurface in an update, also the legal for this and Harmony were done together, and Vic declined to license the audio so...

Personally, I like the remixed music, but to each his own.

(I assume you're aware that a remake of Lunar 2 would very likely not have the original voice cast.)

jos24
Lostest Boy

Post by jos24 »

I know but I have hope that XSEED do a better job of dubbing or better yet the company of Victor Ireland "Gaijinworks" bring the game

the music are amazing in LSSST, i dont know but the app includes music from sega cd but not used, the music are saturn version, i know i exploring the app archives and saw the include files and a folder has files with music Sega CD and other music files with the sega saturn, includes characters of psp version, and saturn version, and curiosly includes images for sega cd version enhanced

Althena Bless u

jay_are
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by jay_are »

:shock: .........
jos24, that may as well be one of the most interesting posts i have seen in a long time. Thanks for sharing!
Could it be that the game was planned to be an enhancement of the Sega CD version?
Maybe in a future extra they would show us early development stuff, and would include that picture? But that's really just me assuming..... it would have taken a loooot of work to redraw the maps of TSS, of all games xD.
Just the thought of someone having to draw all that is making my head spin.

BTW, really? you did not like the game? I think it is very fitting of an iPhone game to be a port, and not a complete remake.
A new remake would be like the PSP version, on a real game system and not a phone.
I really love the game as it is!!
The controls are almost perfect if played in portrait mode. But yeah, they could have made it a little better in landscape mode.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Early reports from SoMoGa did in fact make mention of porting the Sega CD version as well. I wonder if they're still working on it or if it's been scrapped?
「まあいいけど。」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I had missed this piece when I first installed SSST (unless it wasn't there until after the update), but just now played it for my husband without telling him what it was to see what his reaction was. He said it reminded him of meeting the Dragons in SSSC, which interested me. For some reason, probably because I tend to listen to harmony before melody, I was getting both a touch of Chrono Trigger (the, hm, minor ninth at the end of the phrase) and Ys (harder to pin this one down). Anyway, it's kind of intriguing, and considerably different in tone from how Lunar 1 tends to be presented -- somber and mysterious rather than cheerful.

I have mixed feelings on TSS image, as I think that the style it's redrawn in is not all that compatible with the literal, for lack of a better term, interpretation of the SegaCD overworld image. Specifically, the SCD overworld view doesn't quite match the in-town views -- I'm thinking about all the trees surrounding the path to Dyne's Monument, which are not represented on the overworld view -- and it seems like if you're going to redraw the screen in a different style, you may as well make it match a little better rather than stick with the constraints of the SCD.

Argh, that wasn't very coherent. Sorry. I can't figure out how to put it though.

Anyway, this has now given me a task to assign to my geekier half, namely, root out these other files. =)

Enclave
Iluk Crackpot

Post by Enclave »

Has anyone else dug up the enhanced Sega CD material from SSST and seen what's in it? They sound pretty interesting.