Pentagram?

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Pentagram?

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

In the US version of Lunar:SSH, I noticed that the teleporter to Vane is not a Pentagram like in some previous versions. I was wondering if this was US censorship like in the Sega CD version (Pentagram changed to a "starfleet symbol") or if it was changed in Japan too. I don't have a Japanese copy of Lunar:SSH, and I have scoured Youtube, but cannot find the teleporter to Vane in Japanese version on Youtube. If anyone has played Lunar:SSH in Japanese let me know, thanks!

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Pentagram?

Post by Kizyr »

Do you have a screenshot that I can compare against? I can load up my Japanese SSH when I get home; hopefully I have a save at a point where I can still travel around and I could check.

I didn't think to check that on my plays through. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Drathial
Reza Thief

Post by Drathial »

Kizyr wrote:Do you have a screenshot that I can compare against? I can load up my Japanese SSH when I get home; hopefully I have a save at a point where I can still travel around and I could check.

I've attached a screen of the scene. Found it earlier while looking for the answer.
In the US version, it's just been slimmed down to a circular orb design.
Attachments
Screen of the circle.
Screen of the circle.
Screen Shot 2013-08-09 at 10.51.39 AM.png (219.58 KiB) Viewed 24123 times

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Alex -Dragonmaster- wrote:
Kizyr wrote:Do you have a screenshot that I can compare against? I can load up my Japanese SSH when I get home; hopefully I have a save at a point where I can still travel around and I could check.

I've attached a screen of the scene. Found it earlier while looking for the answer.
In the US version, it's just been slimmed down to a circular orb design.
I also uploaded a screenshot of the teleporter in the city of Vane, as it's a little different color-wise from the one Alex-Dragonmaster uploaded from the spring.
Attachments
photo-7.JPG
photo-7.JPG (97.27 KiB) Viewed 24120 times

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I'm virtually certain that that's what it looked like in the Japanese game (which is still the only version of this game that I've finished), but I'll have a little race with Kizyr to see which of us checks first. :)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yup, I can confirm that it's the same in the Japanese version. I took pictures, but will only bother uploading them if someone insists.

Took me longer than I intended. My five saves were: at the Blue Dragon Shrine before the singing, with Ghaleon in Burg, in the Black Dragon whatever it was with Tempest, in Althena's tower, and in the Talon Mine. Used the first one but Nall wouldn't let me go anywhere until after raising the temple, which first meant I had to remember who to talk to to get the singing to happen. It did serve to remind me, again, that I really need to play this game again. Which reminds me, again, that I really need to continue my SSST playthrough. Again.

Shinto-Cetra
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Shinto-Cetra »

Alunissage wrote:Yup, I can confirm that it's the same in the Japanese version. I took pictures, but will only bother uploading them if someone insists.

Took me longer than I intended. My five saves were: at the Blue Dragon Shrine before the singing, with Ghaleon in Burg, in the Black Dragon whatever it was with Tempest, in Althena's tower, and in the Talon Mine. Used the first one but Nall wouldn't let me go anywhere until after raising the temple, which first meant I had to remember who to talk to to get the singing to happen. It did serve to remind me, again, that I really need to play this game again. Which reminds me, again, that I really need to continue my SSST playthrough. Again.
Interesting. Well, all of you, thanks for your help!

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Wasn't the Vane transporter emblem technically just a five pointed star as pentagrams are upside-down?

I've made the mistake a few times, but in high school I was kindly corrected by some metal heads.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I wouldn't think a pentagram has any specific orientation -- it's just a mathematical figure (see: octogram, decagram). Specific uses of it might have particular orientations. Wikipedia confirms this.

Werefrog
Dragonmaster

Post by Werefrog »

Alunissage wrote:I wouldn't think a pentagram has any specific orientation -- it's just a mathematical figure (see: octogram, decagram). Specific uses of it might have particular orientations. Wikipedia confirms this.
Dang. Is there nothing that you can trust a metal head to teach you?

But, it is only a Satanic symbol when upside-down. I don't understand the need to censor when the pentagram has been used for different groups for millennia. But I do understand that some people have different levels of comfort for things like that.

Leo
BANNED

Post by Leo »

Werefrog wrote:
Alunissage wrote:I wouldn't think a pentagram has any specific orientation -- it's just a mathematical figure (see: octogram, decagram). Specific uses of it might have particular orientations. Wikipedia confirms this.
Dang. Is there nothing that you can trust a metal head to teach you?

But, it is only a Satanic symbol when upside-down. I don't understand the need to censor when the pentagram has been used for different groups for millennia. But I do understand that some people have different levels of comfort for things like that.
Most Christians don't research things. Regardless of the details, if they think "OMG GOIN' 2 HELL!!1" then it could affect sales.