Battle of Light and Shadow is AMAZING!

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Lishy
Lyton Singer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Battle of Light and Shadow is AMAZING!

Post by Lishy »

There! I said it! This song freaking kicks ass!

I guess it was composed by Noriyuki Iwadare? Because this is some of the best of his work ever!

I'm actually disappointed you heard it in the game so early, simply BECAUSE it's so epic! It's a shame it couldn't be used under the setting of a proper final battle...

However, if it's a hint of what's to come in a potentially new Lunar game, just take my money!

Whereas most of the Lunar SSH soundtrack just sounds like re-sampled midis (unfortunately...), Battle of Light and Shadow looks as if it was MADE for these instruments, and it's just overall amazing! Especially the piano sample!

WhiteKnightLeo
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Battle of Light and Shadow is AMAZING!

Post by WhiteKnightLeo »

Sounds like Wild Arms 2 to me in the beginning... lol

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

It is really good, isn't it? The prologue has a lot to recommend it. I'm not sure about this though...
Lishy wrote:Whereas most of the Lunar SSH soundtrack just sounds like re-sampled midis (unfortunately...), Battle of Light and Shadow looks as if it was MADE for these instruments, and it's just overall amazing! Especially the piano sample!
The updated synth combined with actual instrument performance on almost song sounds like re-sampled midis?
「まあいいけど。」

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

The live rendition is pretty awesome, too.

Lishy
Lyton Singer

Post by Lishy »

Shiva Indis wrote: The updated synth combined with actual instrument performance on almost song sounds like re-sampled midis?
Well I guess I don't know what I'm talking about then.

That doesn't mean it's bad, but I just assumed they resampled the original files.. Not that re-sampling midis are bad either. And Touhou music uses midis for their bases too, to my knowledge.. (As a Jap. friend of mine who knows Zun showed me his midis too! They're amazing!)