Nanza Pass - Red Chest Infinite Angel's Tear Glitch

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Nanza Pass - Red Chest Infinite Angel's Tear Glitch

Post by Silver Phoenix »

So for whatever reason I went back to the last area of the Nanza Pass, right before you leave to go to Reza. I saw that there was a red chest that I hadn't opened (or did I?) so I went to open it and got an Angel's Tear.

Now, for some reason I just decided to open the chest again while it was already opened and I got another Angel's Tear. Well, basically I kept doing this for a while and checked my inventory as the number kept increasing. I decided to leave, and go back to the world map. Then I went back again and the chest was resealed, so I opened it again but my inventory was already full of Angel's Tears.

I did this after Vane had the confrontation with the Grindery as I was collecting the special items that became available. Obviously you need the Thieves Crest to open red chests, so I'm assuming it's possible to have the same result with the Nanza Pass red chest earlier in the game.

It doesn't really matter as you can get free Angel's Tears from Ramus' shop near the end of the game, but for anyone that wants them early in the game you should be able to get an infinite amount from the red chest in the Nanza Pass. If you leave the chest will reclose every time, but it doesn't have to be closed in order for you to keep getting them.

I don't know if this has already been discovered, but it was my first time encountering it. Perhaps there are other red chests that are glitched as well, or maybe it's just this one.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Re: Nanza Pass - Red Chest Infinite Angel's Tear Glitch

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

Interesting discovery! I'll have to exploit the next time I boot this up. >;P
-Nobi

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

So.... this can be used to get the Dark Scimitar, right? KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Kizyr wrote:So.... this can be used to get the Dark Scimitar, right? KF
Only in the Working Designs version of Silver Star Harmony.