SSH vs SSSC Cut-scenes

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Blue_Goddess
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

SSH vs SSSC Cut-scenes

Post by Blue_Goddess »

I love the cut-scenes that the Lunar series incorporate in the game. It is during those cut-scenes that I get thrilled, suprised and amazed with the voice acting they do for the lunar characters. I have never owned a PSP (i'm saving my mother for other important things), but when I read an article that there was a new cast of voice actors for SSH, I immediately looked for some clips at youtube to listen to their new voices.

I was slightly disappointed in one cut-scene: The Trinity of Terror (it's one of my fave cutscenes)

I prefered Xenobia and Royce's VAs in SSSC. SSH's Xenobia didn't have that awesome sexy sultry voice in SSSC , and she sounded like she talking too fast. SSH's Royce sounded to sweet. . .(I liked her SSSC's edgy voice). but I really liked Phacia's new voice in SSH. I could really hear what she was saying.
I have also noticed that in this cutscene, a couple of background themes were removed: such as the red tornado effect that was very audible in SSSC, but not in SSH. As well as the violin instrument that was used just before Xenobia introduced herself (you'll see what I mean if you try to watch this scene between SSH and SSSC)

Anyway, I still have a lot of cutscenes in SSH to watch out for and enjoy. :) yeepee! go LUNAR!
---

http://arthemis-pink.deviantart.com

The Goddess Althena created the world of Lunar and She will always be remembered in our hearts.

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Re: SSH vs SSSC Cut-scenes

Post by ilovemyguitar »

I kinda like the new Royce voice actor. The whole perky voice/evil skank dichotomy really works for the character.

Not that I'm overly fond of the character. I've always felt that while Phacia adds something interesting to the remake, Royce is just kinda... there.

Nobiyuki77
Legendary Hero

Post by Nobiyuki77 »

I'm pretty sure the music in that scene was added by Working Designs, and that it was never in the original Japanese cinematic.

I think.
-Nobi

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Yeah, there're a couple of scenes that have sounds effects or music that were added by Working Designs and are consequently absent in the scenes in the newer version, most notably the post-piano music for the trinity of terror (this was actually a reference to The Silver Star), the funky time slow down/clock ticking effect they overlaid on the scene where Ghaleon first meets Alex in his premier's robes, Myght's flatulence, and the dragons growling during the appearance of the Azure City. Those aside, I don't think there's anything else really notable, though XSEED did remaster the FMV music with the help of Iwadare exclusively for the North American release. You'll hear it most prominently during Luna's introduction and, again, the appearance of the Azure City.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Actually, there is still flatulence in the Myght scene but it isn't the blatantly obvious sound that WD used.