We know how it goes, but still...

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Alan_Geitz
Lyton Singer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

We know how it goes, but still...

Post by Alan_Geitz »

In LSSSC, they made sure that your team could not beat  the Magic Emperor in their second encounter, allowing a certain move ( Hell Wave) to instant kill the entire party after a certain point.
In Harmony, this doesn't exist; the battle resumes as any other regular battle. However, after a while, he will begin to use two attacks before simply casting the infamous  Fate Storm TWICE.
I know this boss is supposed to be unwinnable, but is there any way to find out if THIS particular "boss" has any real stats?
It's a bit frustrating that they didn't simply cap off this fight after a few turns.
However, at the same time, knowing full well what awaits you after this fight, you can't help but try and see if anything happens...

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: We know how it goes, but still...

Post by Kizyr »

Alan_Geitz wrote:In LSSSC, they made sure that your team could not beat  the Magic Emperor in their second encounter, allowing a certain move ( Hell Wave) to instant kill the entire party after a certain point.
In Harmony, this doesn't exist; the battle resumes as any other regular battle. However, after a while, he will begin to use two attacks before simply casting the infamous  Fate Storm TWICE.
I know this boss is supposed to be unwinnable, but is there any way to find out if THIS particular "boss" has any real stats?
It's a bit frustrating that they didn't simply cap off this fight after a few turns.
However, at the same time, knowing full well what awaits you after this fight, you can't help but try and see if anything happens...
Well, you can rest assured that there's really no way to beat him there.
I spent over an hour trying to do that. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I can't say I'm very happy with that battle script change; I think plot-wise it's more appropriate that your party gets overwhelmed. I am glad that you mentioned the mechanics, Alan_Geitz, because I was wondering. ^_^
「まあいいけど。」

Alan_Geitz
Lyton Singer

Post by Alan_Geitz »

Kizyr wrote: Well, you can rest assured that there's really no way to beat him there.
I spent over an hour trying to do that. KF
REALLY?! Same here! XD
I started the thread after I realized he didn't wipe my entire party out on the third-forth turn, and spent the rest of the time just seeing how long I'd last.
Up until that point, I never used any of my items, so I had a lot to spare before the "end"...
...And then, he finally got smart and took out Mia and Alex.
I had Jess (the last survivor) club him with her mace before he pimp-slapped her into submission. :p