North American Sales

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Old_School
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

North American Sales

Post by Old_School »

According to Vgchartz, the game sold close to 43k in the first week. That's more than accumulated sales in Japan:

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/game.php? ... region=All

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Re: North American Sales

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Not too shabby. Glad to see it's doing well.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

That's really good! I'm telling you, I think we're gonna get Lunar 0 or whatever they wanna call it. I also think maybe their eyes were opened a bit to a Lunar 2 remake with all the questions in recent interviews. Shiva's translation of Shigema's blog and Twitter updates makes it sound like they were surprised so many people wanted Lunar 2.
-G1

LuNaRtIc
Bromide Hunter

Post by LuNaRtIc »

I'm sorry, my lazy butt doesn't feel like fishing for it...
What was Japan's first week sales again?? ^^;
「美しい白い竜 愛しい白い竜…」
My avatar art was done by luleiya! <3

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I wonder if that is just "hard copies" or if that includes the Digital Download on PSN.

Even if the PSN numbers were only 1k that would still be interesting.

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

LuNaRtIc wrote:I'm sorry, my lazy butt doesn't feel like fishing for it...
What was Japan's first week sales again?? ^^;
About 12k. Going by VGC (which kinda goes by famitsu)

Those sales don't include DD on PSN.
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

I don't care if I have to play through Lunar 0 to get to my Lunar 2! <3

Imperial Knight
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Imperial Knight »

I believe that the estimates from VGChartz have a reputation for inaccuracy. Not saying these numbers are wrong, but they should be taken with a grain of salt.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Yeah, I'd be careful there. I know a lot of people say it's only slightly inaccurate, but according to the NPD, I'm pretty sure the numbers for Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology (another PSP title) are off by almost 100k copies.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

Yeah VGChartz isn't good on the accuracy part, but it's generally considered their numbers are "in the ballpark".

It's a good sign either way. 40K week 1 sales is pretty good for a "niche" title.

And I said it before a million times, I missed Lunar 2 on the CD and PS1 so I am hoping it happens!

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I think Lunar:SSH will be one of those games that is considered a slow burner. It's still waiting for new adopters in the series, and word of mouth can help it to keep selling. All we can do is help to try and get people aware of the series.

I was playing last night and some of my feelings while playing the original returned, and a lot of it has to do with Iwadare's refreshment of the music. While TSS will always be my favorite score, I'm really appreciating the depth of the new music as it has even more vibrancy and emotion in it. I still prefer the Meribian Sewers music in SSSC though.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Well, I got my brother to buy the LE SSH. After 10 years of making fun of me for having a niche series as my favorite, he has finally seen the light. He just beat the  Grindery last night and said "As much as it hurts me to say this....this game is pretty freakin' awesome." He's even on board for an EB remake now. We just gotta get people to buy the game. Once they do...Lunar will work it's magic and covert them to our side.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Glad to hear your brother has taken the plunge, and awakened to the Lunar goodness.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

That's great to hear. I hope the psn version sold well too, and I'm curious if that format is more profitable because there's no manufacturing cost, just bandwidth. They probably had to pay a fee to get the game on psn, but maybe that's a part of the psp licensing... I'm not sure.

I just hope this game benefits XSeed because they really tried hard to give it a good treatment. It is a niche title, but it still got a limited edition with nice bonuses, a website with Lunar lore - not just a template page or generic microsite like some other companies pitch their games with, and overall I'm very happy with what they've done. They've treated it like a piece of art for sale and not just a product. Obviously Game Arts did well too, but I'm impressed with the localization which I think is the best it can be without Working Designs, and even though this is a game I'll enjoy for years, I'm also excited to see what will come next.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

localflick wrote: I just hope this game benefits XSeed because they really tried hard to give it a good treatment. It is a niche title, but it still got a limited edition with nice bonuses, a website with Lunar lore - not just a template page or generic microsite like some other companies pitch their games with, and overall I'm very happy with what they've done. They've treated it like a piece of art for sale and not just a product. Obviously Game Arts did well too, but I'm impressed with the localization which I think is the best it can be without Working Designs, and even though this is a game I'll enjoy for years, I'm also excited to see what will come next.
Ditto. Xseed did a wonderful job and I hope they're on board for whatever DOES come next.

Old_School
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Old_School »

I've also heard that their numbers are a bit off at times, but they're probably in the general ballpark. My nephew is in a similar situation as your brother, WhiteDragon_Nall. SSH was his introduction to the series and now he wants Eternal Blue. He's asked me on 2 or 3 occasions if I think they'll make a psp remake of it. With all the new people coming to the series, I guess they'd have to remake Eternal Blue before moving on to Lunar 3. Hopefully, SSH will continue selling long enough to make such things happen.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

I'm really hoping for EB, portable in some form. I would accept a PSN download over nothing at all. My gf has watched me play both games (although this is the first time Ive made her pay attention to SS, specifically SSH and she likes the funny parts, IE: Damon's Spire) and she basically gets the plot, but she keeps getting Ghaleon confused with Zophar! XD I guess I really do play Lunar 2 too much... XD

sux2bme
Nanza Bandit

Post by sux2bme »

i hope the sales are enough for an eb remake or much better lunar 3 or prequel...hehe

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

That's what we're all hoping.

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

42K week 1 sales are tremendous for a niche game. Seriously. If they were waiting for a good sign, they got it.

Even Dragon Quest games only net around around 20K week 1 here. (though I think that's also to due with Square Enix NOT advertising them AT ALL... but that's a another rant for another time)