*Important* If you're experiencing any glitches in Lunar:SSH

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: *Important* If you're experiencing any glitches in Lunar:SSH

Post by Silver Phoenix »

How long of a session had you been playing? There seems to be a few lock-up prone spots, and I've encountered two where the game seemed like it wanted to freeze when leaving a store in Reza, and one of the rooms in the Guild Mansion in Vane.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

It definitely locked up. It was during a battle in the goddess tower when Alex was casting Dragon's Lament.

(I notice someone else mentioned that exact same thing on Facebook.)

WhiteKnightLeo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by WhiteKnightLeo »

It's been a while.
I have a nice little story for you all this evening. I was on my way home from VA to NY. I had a layover in Philly that was unexpected, so I needed some reading materials for the long wait ahead. I ran over to the magazine store where I bought the newest issue of PTOM. Inside was a bunch of random lame reviews about all the games I just wasted my money on. I was pumped when I saw that they had put Lunar in the review section. (I like owning anything that has the mention of Lunar in it.) I noticed at the very top of the article there was a picture in which Jessica was telling Alex that if he were to enter Mia's room again she would put her foot up his behind. Of course I blew by it the first time and wondered "Why does Jess care so much?" I got to thinking that it was probably a mistake on the programmers part and they just put Jessica's sprite instead of Nash's.
Let me know what you think....
WKL

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

That one has been there all along. Jessica's supposed to stand up for Mia; they're best friends. Since the series has a dirty mind, you're seldom allowed to investigate a female character's bed without an assumption of bad faith. :P
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Shiva is right, and as far as mis-matched text boxes it has to do with data conversion to the PSP according to Jess from XSEED. The data dumps somehow get flipped and it makes a mess of things so they have to be re-sorted.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I had my first lock-up. In Damon's Spire, during the scenario event where the "sick" guy asks Jessica "Aren't you a priestess of the Goddess" or something to that effect, Jessica never responds, the music locks up, then the entire game locks up.

Sadly, I hadn't saved since Meryod Woods.
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Game Arts needs to stick to console releases. :P

Alan_Geitz
Lyton Singer

Post by Alan_Geitz »

Is it considered a glitch when Alex's weapon "magically" changes into Althena's Sword during his magic attacks while he is in his Dragonmaster gear?
The game has been pretty consistent with a weapon's appearance in-game, so this just struck me as odd. Or lazy...

segaboy7
Red Dragon Priest

Post by segaboy7 »

on numerous occasions i have had the game lock up going in to a battle, the game will go to switch screens from the dungeon to the battle screen and lock up on just a solid black screen. The psp itself isnt frozen cus i can hit the home menu and the home screen shows up. if i choose to exit the game from the home menu however the umd refuses to stop spinning and continues with the black screen. I have a psp 1001 and firmware 6.20

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Alan_Geitz wrote:Is it considered a glitch when Alex's weapon "magically" changes into Althena's Sword during his magic attacks while he is in his Dragonmaster gear?
I'd sooner call it corner-cutting. :P
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

segaboy7 wrote:on numerous occasions i have had the game lock up going in to a battle, the game will go to switch screens from the dungeon to the battle screen and lock up on just a solid black screen. The psp itself isnt frozen cus i can hit the home menu and the home screen shows up. if i choose to exit the game from the home menu however the umd refuses to stop spinning and continues with the black screen. I have a psp 1001 and firmware 6.20
Does this keep you from continuing the game if you go to play it at a different time? It sounds more like a PSP problem to me with reading the UMD. It could be that the laser is dirty. I posted your problem on the Facebook page, and Jess is going to try looking into it but I don't think she'll find anything. I think it's just your older model PSP being anal. If you have any compressed air, try spraying it around the UMD drive and on the lens. Just make sure you have some distance away.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Could someone explain the Puffy Bug glitch? I put the game down because I heard about it and never got around to picking this back up ^^;

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I don't understand exactly what it is, but I didn't encounter it. I think that's a poor excuse for you to stop playing the game. I know a lot of the "glitches" ended up being user error by them turning off their system accidentally, or playing for excessive periods of time.

There are still obvious glitches in the game's programming that GA should have fixed, but I think it stems more from their issues regarding putting the game on the PSP in the first place. They had a lot of problems with it.

As far as I know there weren't any "game ending" glitches that kept people from finishing the game. Custom firmware, and PSP 1000's encountered most of the problems.

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

Silver Phoenix wrote:As far as I know there weren't any "game ending" glitches that kept people from finishing the game. Custom firmware, and PSP 1000's encountered most of the problems.
Damn, I got through the game without any problems with both of those :lol:
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

They are the exception, not the norm. It just seems like a select few people encountered problems.