New Lunar 2 tie-ins? (possible spoilers)

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: New Lunar 2 tie-ins? (possible spoilers)

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Another thing worth noting...I think it mentioned in one of Damon's books that the craft that carried the Blue Star's people to Lunar was a giant city. I don't recall ever hearing that. Didn't the murals in EB show ships transporting the people?

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

whitedragon_nall wrote:Another thing worth noting...I think it mentioned in one of Damon's books that the craft that carried the Blue Star's people to Lunar was a giant city. I don't recall ever hearing that. Didn't the murals in EB show ships transporting the people?
I remember reading that. I was wondering if perhaps it was Althena's Fortress or something that did. *shrug* Well, I took a peek in the EBC guide in the screenshots of the fmv's and from what I saw I didn't see any ship. Just Althena (I assume its her) and the dragons flying to Lunar (I believe). As for EB I don't remember.

Edit: I looked on the site and it appears it was the same.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just Althena and the dragons with stylized stars and clouds around them. I'd always assumed they came in the Fortress (or, now, Azure City) and were meant to return by the same means, particularly since it's always been called the Magic City in Japanese.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Well, all that's shown is Althena and the dragons, but perhaps the other people came in the fortress? That would make sense.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Wouldn't it be nice if we could have defined answers for once? Sure it could make for less "What if?" discussions, but knowing for sure what something is and what purpose it has would be nice. Take the Mystic Ruins in Eternal Blue, Lions Head, Dragon's Nest, Dragon Ruins, etc. Aside from optional dungeons what were they meant for?

I guess the Mystic Ruins is a historical movie theater. :P

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if we could have defined answers for once? Sure it could make for less "What if?" discussions, but knowing for sure what something is and what purpose it has would be nice. Take the Mystic Ruins in Eternal Blue, Lions Head, Dragon's Nest, Dragon Ruins, etc. Aside from optional dungeons what were they meant for?

I guess the Mystic Ruins is a historical movie theater. :P
Probably, lol.

Though not knowing this stuff keeps us thinking and it is kinda fun sometimes to come up with your own theory's and stuff. Lol, perhaps its done on purpose. That or not as much thought is put into things as we think. I know for my own writings I tend to make stuff up as I go. I remember this story I posted on another forum. I named this girl Chime and someone commented and thought I had purposely picked it for a certain reason, and honestly its what popped into my head, lol. Hmm...I need to rewrite that one...I liked it...don't have it anymore, but I can start fresh. Anyway, point!: maybe that's how some of the stuff in Lunar was done. Or perhaps they just wanted some more dungeons.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Coming up with theories is a lot of fun, but I would like to see answers. There is so much in the Lunar Universe, but it feels like we know so little. I'd be happy if GA released some kind of data book that gathers all the info from the series into one place.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

That would be great, but we'd all have to learn Japanese in order to understand it. :)

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Silver Phoenix wrote:That would be great, but we'd all have to learn Japanese in order to understand it. :)
Sadly yes. Though if it had pretty pictures I'd be happy enough, lol.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

You'd probably have me and Shiva Indis translating it all. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

You'd probably have me and Shiva Indis translating it all. KF
Well yes, there's always that. I think you can rest assured you'll never be put to task because Game Arts couldn't ever possibly give us what we want. :mrgreen:

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Kizyr wrote:
DevNall wrote: Humans once lived on the Blue Star.
The proof can be seen in the ruins
scattered across its surface.
The most prominent of the ruins is
the Blue Spire on the edge of the
vast western desert.
Oh boy... That's a case of an ambiguous pronoun.

The "its" [EDIT: bolded for clarity] shouldn't refer to the Blue Star, it should refer to Lunar. It's saying that the Blue Spire is in the far west of this world. KF
Since I did not play that far in Japanese, I take your word that that is the meaning, but in English, it's difficult for that to really refer back to Lunar.

Guess we'll just add it to the list of this iteration's translation errors.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Yeah, the text is unclear; a key 'world' got replaced with 'surface'. It should be something like this:
Once we lived on the Blue Star. Proof of that can be seen in the ruins scattered around the world.
By the way, anyone notice on the credits pages in the booklet that the translator dedicated his work 'to his son, Layke'? I'm impressed. :mrgreen:
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

It's nice to see XSEED loves Lunar as much as we do. Well, maybe not as much as we do but that certainly counts as something. 8-)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Shiva Indis wrote:By the way, anyone notice on the credits pages in the booklet that the translator dedicated his work 'to his son, Layke'? I'm impressed. :mrgreen:
I saw that. ^_^ Meant to mention it, but forgot.
whitedragon_nall wrote:Another thing worth noting...I think it mentioned in one of Damon's books that the craft that carried the Blue Star's people to Lunar was a giant city. I don't recall ever hearing that. Didn't the murals in EB show ships transporting the people?
This, too, is addressed in the SSSC Japanese to English translation differences page:

English: The fortress is referred to as Althena's Fortress.
Japanese: The fortress is referred to as the 'Magic City of Althena' [madou toshi arutena].

I'm not sure why people would expect the murals to be that literal. Somewhat by definition, the story of coming to the Blue Star is the stuff of legend to the people of Lunar, especially by the time of Lunar 2. Also, the murals in Lunar 2 were first in the SegaCD game, and probably the mechanism by which people were transported to Lunar had not been fleshed out at that time.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Today i decided to pop in my SSSC game and look threw the books in Vane and Damon spire.
I skimmed threw the posts in the tread and here are some things i found that a related to what people are posting

This is from From Damons spire

The people of the Blue Star, fueled by hatred, engaged in a brutal war. Their world perished as a result. Althena entrusted what was left of the Blue Star to a young girl and camer here to creat a new world...

The craft that brought Althena's children from the Blue star to the new world was an immense fortress.

The Draongmaster uses the power of the Dragons to protect the hopes and drams of Althena's children. The first Dragonmaster rode down to the silent desert of death on the back of a white dragon...

The evil which infected the Blue Star now rears its misshapen head in our scerence world... And this evil would delight in once again annihilating the children of Althena. The Goddess has tried to destroy this great evil, but cannot... As long as humans hold darkness in their hearts, it will always survive.

There was nothing really related to Lunar 2 in SSSC Vane that i noticed, but i was writing them out so i could have easly missed it

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Shiva Indis wrote:By the way, anyone notice on the credits pages in the booklet that the translator dedicated his work 'to his son, Layke'? I'm impressed. :mrgreen:
I have recently gotten confirmation that he did indeed name his son after Lunar's Laeik. I think this beats the two or three people here (myself and DragonmasterLou and/or PrettyGirlJean, I forget which) who had Lunar music in their weddings. :lol:

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

Well... at least it wasn't Ghaleon.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

No, I think you mean Ramus. Either the kid would be extremely successful or just fat with Harry Potter glasses.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

"Son, you're named after someone who got everything he wanted out of life."

Doesn't sound so bad. :mrgreen:
「まあいいけど。」