New Lunar 2 tie-ins? (possible spoilers)

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Lunataks
Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

New Lunar 2 tie-ins? (possible spoilers)

Post by Lunataks »

Perhaps I misheard, but is there indeed new dialouge that references Lunar 2. I think I heard someone mention something about Zophar's origins.

I noticed there was reference in the Vane library there was a book about the Blue Spire and Lucia.......might have been in the PSX version, it's been too long.

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Re: New Lunar 2 tie-ins? (possible spoilers)

Post by Aaron »

Well so far what I've picked ups is that the Blue Spire now exists in the 1st game. Its in the "Western Desert". They also mentioned Lucia as being left on the Blue Star.

I know for certain it wasn't in the PSX versions. It's new to this version.

DragnMasterHiro
Iluk Crackpot

Post by DragnMasterHiro »

Its been far too long since I played the SSSC version, but when you meet the Red Dragon spirit, there is some dialouge between Nall and Red. She says to Nall "We will meet again in the distant future" and when Nall first sees Red, he says "Wait this is a girl dragon and she looks just like..." and trails off.

I may not have remembered the exact word for word dialouge, but thats the gist of the conversation, which I thought was a nice foreshadow to Eternal Blue.

Of course, this could have been in the SSSC version, but I don't recall.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

How can she look like Ruby if Nall never met Ruby prior to Eternal Blue?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

If I ever had the time, one thing I always wanted to do for this site was compile a complete list of all the quotes from every book in the series, just so quoting the books from Vane, Damon's Spire, etc. would be easily referenced.
-G1

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

If I recall there was a book in Harmony where they started to mention Lucia, but you couldn't make out the rest of the name.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Lunataks wrote:Perhaps I misheard, but is there indeed new dialouge that references Lunar 2.
I've found a few vague mentions to what happened on the Blue Star, although Zophar is not mentioned. I dumped all the dialog from the demo (it had the whole thing in English) and there's no mention of Zophar, although it's possible that might have changed in the final.

I don't have a decrypted version of the final English UMD, so I can't look there.
Lunataks wrote:I noticed there was reference in the Vane library there was a book about the Blue Spire and Lucia.......might have been in the PSX version, it's been too long.
Pretty sure this is new, Kizyr mentioned it elsewhere from the Japanese release.

Interestingly, it talks about the Blue Spire on the Blue Star.
Humans once lived on the Blue Star.
The proof can be seen in the ruins
scattered across its surface.
The most prominent of the ruins is
the Blue Spire on the edge of the
vast western desert.
When the Goddess Althena left the
Blue Star and came to our world,
she entrusted the care of her former
home world to a young girl.
That girl has slept in the Blue Spire
since our world was born. And her
name is Lu...
...I can't make out the following text.
It's too faded to read...

Old_School
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Old_School »

MaroonChan wrote:If I recall there was a book in Harmony where they started to mention Lucia, but you couldn't make out the rest of the name.
I noticed that also. Since it stops at "Lu," it will probably make first-timers think the book is talking about Luna. I also agree that Nall was referring to Ruby when they party met the Red Dragon. It doesn't make sense that Nall would know Ruby, but it's still a nice nod toward Eternal Blue.

phyco126
Dragonmaster

Post by phyco126 »

I remember a reference to Lucia in Damon's Tower in the PSX game.

- "Sometimes life smiles when it kicks you down. The trick is to smile back."

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Old_School wrote: I also agree that Nall was referring to Ruby when they party met the Red Dragon.
That doesn't make any sense. Although the Red Dragon did use Nall's name... did the group explicitly mention it?

Although I did find a few places where there are some problems in the dialog. In Lann, I think, somebody replies to Nash's comments about Vane (and his comments are not the nicest), while Nash's beaming face is still showing.

Also, some random little girl in Saith knows Alex's name and dream, although there are possible logical explanations for that.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

Perhaps a full grown dragon has an omnipresent memory? Maybe each dragon is actually a reincarnation of the last....just with a different name. Doesn't explain why Nall would know who Ruby is though. Unless he just had some kinda weird future Nall memory leak. I'm not making sense anymore.....

Maybe an EB remake will give us a prologue that takes place in the 1000 year time span between 1 and 2....and we get to play as Nall and see what he was up to before Taben's Peak. Could be a good chance to explain about the dragons.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

DevNall wrote:
Lunataks wrote:I noticed there was reference in the Vane library there was a book about the Blue Spire and Lucia.......might have been in the PSX version, it's been too long.
Pretty sure this is new, Kizyr mentioned it elsewhere from the Japanese release.
Interestingly, it talks about the Blue Spire on the Blue Star.
Humans once lived on the Blue Star.
The proof can be seen in the ruins
scattered across its surface.
The most prominent of the ruins is
the Blue Spire on the edge of the
vast western desert.
-----------------------
When the Goddess Althena left the
Blue Star and came to our world,
she entrusted the care of her former
home world to a young girl.
That girl has slept in the Blue Spire
since our world was born. And her
name is Lu...
...I can't make out the following text.
It's too faded to read...
Oh boy... That's a case of an ambiguous pronoun.

The "its" [EDIT: bolded for clarity] shouldn't refer to the Blue Star, it should refer to Lunar. It's saying that the Blue Spire is in the far west of this world. KF
Last edited by Kizyr on Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added emphasis and split the two book quotations
~Kizyr (they|them)

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

The "its" shouldn't refer to the Blue Star, it should refer to Lunar. It's saying that the Blue Spire is in the far west of this world. KF
If that's the case, then in the second part, how can Lu... be in the one on Lunar, and not the one on the Blue Star?

Unless there's a Blue Spire on both?
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Sonic# wrote:
The "its" shouldn't refer to the Blue Star, it should refer to Lunar. It's saying that the Blue Spire is in the far west of this world. KF
If that's the case, then in the second part, how can Lu... be in the one on Lunar, and not the one on the Blue Star?

Those are quotations from two separate books (from "When the Goddess Althena" onwards is another book). KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Sonic# wrote:

I was thinking that myself. Would kinda make sense that there'd be one on the Blue Star too. *shrug*

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

The Blue Spire on the Blue Star would be the place Lucia slumbers if that was the case, but are we even sure that would be called the Blue Spire and not the Guardian Spire or some other such name?

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Silver Phoenix wrote:The Blue Spire on the Blue Star would be the place Lucia slumbers if that was the case, but are we even sure that would be called the Blue Spire and not the Guardian Spire or some other such name?
That's true. *shrug* Who knows. But I figure she had to get to Lunar from somewhere on the Blue Star and I'm guessing somewhere in the tower where she had been sleeping. It could have another name or something, but it would make sense to be something simiar on the Blue Star. Lol, sorry if I'm not making that much sense. Kinda writing this in a rush.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I seem to recall Lucia's tower on the Blue Star being called the Blue Tower. But for all I know that could have just been chatter on the boards rather than anything in-game, or it may have been in the EB and/or EBC guide. It's certainly blue, and most likely her tower and the Blue Spire are connected -- I temporize with "most likely" because we don't actually see where she departs from to arrive at the Blue Spire or where she ends up when she returns, but it's the simplest explanation.

There's definitely a reference in SSSC to a girl being left behind on the Blue Star. When I first played SSSC I didn't know of Eternal Blue's existence so I was really startled by that.

The Blue Spire is perhaps mentioned in HSS because it's shown in the background in one of the Vheen manga stories. Ghaleon, at least, knew of its existence, since he's in that scene reading or writing a letter.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

WD's EBC guide calls it the Tower of Ice, and Hiromi Hosoe calls it Lucia's Shrine and variations thereof... I doubt there will be much agreement on it. ^_^
「まあいいけど。」

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

I knew the name being referenced itself was new! I stumbled upon that last night and was going to bring it up. Also, there is talk in Vane library's books about a "great force to be awakened" or something along those lines. I always assumed that referred to Zophar, since he is kinda sleeping somewhere waiting to be revived.