How far along is everyone?

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Platinumdragon
Meribian Merchant
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: How far along is everyone?

Post by Platinumdragon »

I at the part where you on the boat to meribia the first time. I enjoying the game quite a bit.

Zhane Masaki
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Zhane Masaki »

Beaten it already, twice.
Also an expert on the Phantasy Star tetralogy, Ys, Star Ocean, Dirty Pair, and most things Universal Century Gundam

Visit My Backloggery to keep up on my gaming exploits!

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

I'm just getting to Tamur. I'm certain I won't get to play tomorrow or this weekend (until Sunday) so I've got to get some good playing in tonight!
† Final Night †

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

whitedragon_nall wrote:About to enter Ruid. Can't wait to beat up on  Nash again. No matter what, I just can't bring myself to like that guy.
Lol, I find him attractive, but maybe cause he reminds me of my one character that I adore. XD

I just got to the blue dragon.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

I'm fighting a certain someone at the top of the Grindery.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

I'm about to head through the Tamur pass.

Old_School
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Old_School »

I just finished the part where happy music plays and the credits roll. The ending left me feeling happy. A game that good doesn't come around too often these days.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Sonic# wrote:I'm on Spring Break, so I've been playing a bit of catchup since Saturday. I"m now heading out of Lann, going back to Vane to report to Ghaleon.

I wonder whether the text that the jailer has in Nanza is intentional. A bunch of "he is being..." and "he is going" when a more direct approach would've been more correct... but it was done so consistently here and not elsewhere that I'm unsure. I was watching a sub of Super Sentai that translated "Here I come..." as "I am going..." but the mistakes in this case made a little more sense.
IIRC, it's some kind of Indian (India) accent. I've seen it used elsewhere.

I just got to the fluffy bug part, but I am taking a break. Waiting to hear back from Silver Phoenix about the glitches there.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Defeated  Royce and about to fight  Xenobia. I'll probably beat the game tonight.

Off topic: Just curious...but are the manga's considered canon?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

whitedragon_nall wrote:Defeated  Royce and about to fight  Xenobia. I'll probably beat the game tonight.

Off topic: Just curious...but are the manga's considered canon?
Maybe. Some parts may conflict with other stories, and they weren't always written as such, but still acknowledged by Shigema and others involved with the series. Basically, my take has been to incorporate what does fit into the series, and disregard anything that obviously conflicts, if you're talking about "canon". KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Cool. I enjoyed the Vheen manga quite a bit, but I never got around to reading Childhood's End. I'll give it a shot once I finish SSH.

EDIT: Just beat it. YAY ME!!!  Ghaleon was a piece of cake. I whooped  Royce and Xenobia, but I thought he would at least be a little challenging. I was wrong.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

The manga's (the translated ones) were nice. =3 As for the others they have pretty art, though the Magic School one bugged me. It was pretty, but like the other one's art better. The novel's art is good and (from what I can tell from the summaries) seemed good.

Anyway, I'm at Myght's tower.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

I should just sit down one day and blaze through all of them. It's been a while since I read Vheen so it wouldn't hurt to refresh my memory.

Well, I'm going to take a short Lunar break tonight and watch some Ghost Hunters. Then tomorrow it's time to find a way to get my TSS up and running.

Maybe by the time I'm done with all these Lunar activities EB will have a PSP remake and Lunar 3 will be in development.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

whitedragon_nall wrote:I should just sit down one day and blaze through all of them. It's been a while since I read Vheen so it wouldn't hurt to refresh my memory.

Well, I'm going to take a short Lunar break tonight and watch some Ghost Hunters. Then tomorrow it's time to find a way to get my TSS up and running.

Maybe by the time I'm done with all these Lunar activities EB will have a PSP remake and Lunar 3 will be in development.
Hoping for a lot, er? Well, we should hope anyway!

I read Vheen quite a while ago, and Childhood's End not super long ago. Same time I looked through Magic School Lunar's.

DragnMasterHiro
Iluk Crackpot

Post by DragnMasterHiro »

Beat the game 2 nights ago. Ended the game at Lv. 50 for all charcaters. Magic Emperor wasn't much a problem, save for his insta-kill attack, which took out 3 people at once. Only used the attack one time tho.

Overall, I enjoyed this trip down Lunar memory lane again. I felt the game was very much on the easy side, especially after getting the Black Dragon spell + Orb ring. Waaaay to easy to 1 shot all mobs and you wont run out of MP before leveling. The fade to black between loading screens got a bit annoying, especially in houses with 4 areas to go into before you find a person or chest. The VA was fine for me, as was the new songs. After listening to WD songs for years tho, the original lyrics are still burned into my brain.

The ending still brought a tear to my eye and I'm really hoping for a port / remake of EB next. Hiro and company need some love since Alex has gotten 4 US releases now.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

DragnMasterHiro wrote:Beat the game 2 nights ago. Ended the game at Lv. 50 for all charcaters. Magic Emperor wasn't much a problem, save for his insta-kill attack, which took out 3 people at once. Only used the attack one time tho.

Overall, I enjoyed this trip down Lunar memory lane again. I felt the game was very much on the easy side, especially after getting the Black Dragon spell + Orb ring. Waaaay to easy to 1 shot all mobs and you wont run out of MP before leveling. The fade to black between loading screens got a bit annoying, especially in houses with 4 areas to go into before you find a person or chest. The VA was fine for me, as was the new songs. After listening to WD songs for years tho, the original lyrics are still burned into my brain.

The ending still brought a tear to my eye and I'm really hoping for a port / remake of EB next. Hiro and company need some love since Alex has gotten 4 US releases now.
Yes, they do need to do EB. XD

I'm in the Lost Woods.

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

I'm in the White Dragon Cave cause I'm awesome and like to enjoy my games. (okay so really it's cause I bought the game today, give me a break here.)

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

poster.jpg (28.92 KiB) Viewed 27100 times
I haven't made a lot of progress in the game myself. I gotta say, I love the fact that this game is different; it makes for better conversation.
「まあいいけど。」

Aaron
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Aaron »

I finished the game this morning around 2:30 AM.

I started at 11:00PM I couldn't put it down. LOL.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Well Aaron, seems to me you at least enjoyed the game. That's certainly good to hear.

I'm taking my sweet time with the game, and am only on my way to the Trial Cave. I actually got a Game over! It seems to me you can make the game as hard or as easy as you wish. After Ramus and Nash left me in Meribia I went to meet Mel, and then I went to the Meribian sewers with just Alex and Luna. Certain enemy groupings can wipe you out real quick regardless of healing. I was trying to see if Nall would revive Alex, but he was being a bad kitty and Luna was getting mauled to death.

This was just the entrance to the sewers through Mel's Mansion, and three enemy spawns so I could get the Fortune Ring right away. I'm enjoying the animation in the different water types, but then some screens have no movement or animation at all which is disappointing.