How far along is everyone?

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Alan_Geitz
Lyton Singer
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: How far along is everyone?

Post by Alan_Geitz »

Currently making my way to Iluk with those blueprints.
And to think that the Prologue sequence was the only addition to this game!
Man, the minor changes sure did wonders on the overall story!
Guild_Premier_Ghaleon wrote: I was kind of bothered that they changed thing unnecessarily though. For example,  they rename the Fortress of Althena the Azure City of Althena. Why change that?
But, if they added optional dungeons or something? Maybe revisiting the Leviathan? That would have been cool.
Firstly, I'm gonna wing this one and say that this change may have something to do with  the books in Damon's Spire. I will be compiling what is available in the game very shortly.
Secondly, I thought that the Leviathan was an underground fortress that, if Eiphel is to be believed, is virtually impossible to get to. Not to mention it collapsed following his defeat. The story was already structured in a way that would make the trip there pretty pointless and the few that knew of its location were...preoccupied with other things, I guess.
It would've been nice, sure, but I think I could go for at least one more prequel based around the Four Heroes leading up to this final battle, wouldn't you? :D

Guild_Premier_Ghaleon
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Guild_Premier_Ghaleon »

The Leviathan is an underwater fortress if I remember correctly. I believe Myght brought up building a submarine for Dyne and company. But yeah, that's just one example of possibilities.
"Perhaps you should demonstrate the power which gives you such confidence. Then we shall see who is fit to be supreme ruler, and who... is dead!"

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

I'm off to find Fluffy bug!

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Yes there are secondary Arts Gauge attacks. I believe most (all?) of them are bought at Ramus' shop later in the game.
Only a couple of them come from there. Two more are bought elsewhere, and one isn't bought.

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

Alan_Geitz wrote:Fortress of Althena
Firstly, I'm gonna wing this one and say that this change may have something to do with the books in Damon's Spire.
Well, it was always called Madou Toshi Althena, Magic City Althena, in the original. No idea where they pulled Azure from, though.
aka Maou

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Just got to Jessica = <3

Dragon Master Lunar81
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Dragon Master Lunar81 »

I just completed the Prologue bit. It is pretty good but I am preoccupied right now with the new Estpolis game. It is a great game.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

In the red dragon cave.

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

I'm getting ready to head into the Blue Dragon Shrine. I'm afraid that I won't get to play tonight. I've got a board meeting to go to, oy.
† Final Night †

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

I'm moments away from becoming The Dragonmaster!!!! 8-)

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

whitedragon_nall wrote:I'm moments away from becoming The Dragonmaster!!!! 8-)
Lucky! Still in the red dragon cave. Haven't played yet today.

Old_School
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Old_School »

I'm at the part  where Vane is shot down from the sky and just entered the grinder.

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Im on my way back to Burg w/a certain someone ;p

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

I'm on Spring Break, so I've been playing a bit of catchup since Saturday. I"m now heading out of Lann, going back to Vane to report to Ghaleon.

I wonder whether the text that the jailer has in Nanza is intentional. A bunch of "he is being..." and "he is going" when a more direct approach would've been more correct... but it was done so consistently here and not elsewhere that I'm unsure. I was watching a sub of Super Sentai that translated "Here I come..." as "I am going..." but the mistakes in this case made a little more sense.
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Just got back to Reza after the red dragon cave.

DragnMasterHiro
Iluk Crackpot

Post by DragnMasterHiro »

About to enter the Grindary. Got all the secret rings and Art Gauge goodies. Everyone is level 37 or 38.

Any one else notice that Mia and Alex (pre-dragonmaster) battle sprites have the wrong colored eyes? Both are blue in battle. Mia map spite also is wrong color too I think. Kyle and Mia's hair in battle seem a bit off frim their correct shade of color also. Bad oversight about the eyes tho, especially Alex, since its mentioned all game about his Green eyes.

Over all I'm liking this remake alot. The opening boss battle was fun. Money is not an issue. Battle tend to be on the easy side. Mia and Nash aoe or all screen spells usually decimate most mobs, and if not, the melees clean up easily. Only time I get into trouble is if the mobs gang up on 1 character before the mass magic spells of death go off.

The translation is fine, as is the voice acting. I honestly dont see the huge issue people had with these 2 things. If you want WD version, go play SSSC.. lol

Makes me want to go back and do a play thru of TSS. Been over 10 years since I last played, and having grown up on that version and EB, remains my favorites.
Last edited by DragnMasterHiro on Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Old_School
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Old_School »

Old_School wrote:I'm at the part  where Vane is shot down from the sky and just entered the grinder.
C'mon, like anyone didn't already know that.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Newcomers may not, so it was a nice gesture.

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

I'm in Lyton now.

whitedragon_nall
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by whitedragon_nall »

About to enter Ruid. Can't wait to beat up on  Nash again. No matter what, I just can't bring myself to like that guy.