How far along is everyone?

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Final Night
Red Dragon Priest
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: How far along is everyone?

Post by Final Night »

I beat the game two nights ago. I've already suggested it to some friends as a must buy for PSP games. It's very good and very solid. XSeed did a great job

Found it a little odd that  you didn't need to use the ocarina at the end though.
† Final Night †

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

In response to the spoiler: I can't believe that lol That made the end a little more interesting. Oh well X.x

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

It was only necessary to  play music to Luna in WD versions of the games. After playing the new version, I think it was most impactful in TSS, but not so much in SSS. In fact, it seemed kind of incongruous in SSS (though I understand it was pretty memorable to people who didn't see it coming, lol). The SSH version has  that knockback that drives the point home well enough on it's own, I think. Still,  if Xseed had rigged it up WD style, it would have been a lot less punishing since damage isn't part of the equation.
「まあいいけど。」

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Wow, I wasn't aware of that. And yes, I think the certain fate of things if you didn't do what was required was a little... too much. :D Nice to see the effect is there without the aggravation. Although, Im a compulsive saver and healer... It's like ALTHENA STATUE GOTTA HEAL OR ILL DIE XD

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

ShindoW wrote:Wow, I wasn't aware of that. And yes, I think the certain fate of things if you didn't do what was required was a little... too much. :D Nice to see the effect is there without the aggravation. Although, Im a compulsive saver and healer... It's like ALTHENA STATUE GOTTA HEAL OR ILL DIE XD
I'm a compulsive saver also! haha
† Final Night †

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

Reached Vane a few moments ago. Been playing on my down time. Might finish it this weekend. Guess we'll see how it all goes.

sux2bme
Nanza Bandit

Post by sux2bme »

just got out of the destruction of vane...

that still is one of my favorite scenes in lunar...

mia was so beyond cool during that part!!! "fanboy scream" lol

i can't wait to go into the grindery to see the goddess sing in dominatrix mode ... :lol:

that's best animation for me in lunar SSSC...

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

I think I'm gonna pick this up again really soon as Im in Pentagulia on EBC and growing tired of the dungeons for now.

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

ShindoW wrote:I think I'm gonna pick this up again really soon as Im in Pentagulia on EBC and growing tired of the dungeons for now.
You decided to stop SSH and jump into EBC?
† Final Night †

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

I am actually working on TSS, EB, EBC, and SSH all at once. I started the other three before SSH came out, but I've been showing my gf EBC and SSH together so I can only play the plot oriented points when shes home. :)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

You should be playing either TSS and SSH or SSSC at the same time, and doing a comparable between EB and EBC at a later time so the differences are more apparent. EBC isn't as different aside from the dumbed down aspects of certain graphic details and the omission of pivotal scenes.

Alan_Geitz
Lyton Singer

Post by Alan_Geitz »

I've been taking my sweet time on this game, reading most of the script and basically getting sidetracked with other games and my personal life.
Just about to head into Ruid...yeah. :lol:

A lot of the changes in this game are quite subtle and often overlooked beyond the impressive prologue. While I still cringe at Myght STILL being a smelly hermit, this aspect has been downplayed from WD's SSSC. There are more, and I plan on chronicling them again in the second run.
One could almost tie in the previous games (yes, even Dragon Song. maybe) into the story and build something of a chronology of the series.

Sonix
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Sonix »

So I finally finished the game!

It was nice to play Lunar again. I guess the game really was a little easy, I didn't get a single game over. The biggest annoyance was the attack order though, each round I prayed Kyle doesn't go first . :lol:

I was level 43 and 42 with my party at Ghaleon.
"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

chiiruchan
Red Dragon Priest

Post by chiiruchan »

I beat it a while back. O_O; I started playing the day it came out though.... I have yet to find another RPG to play on PSP. I think I might be a tad picky...

LunarRaptor
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by LunarRaptor »

Well, since some people have finished it, do you think we're in for a Lunar revival because of this?
"All you have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf the Gray

Ardent Fox
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Ardent Fox »

A bit on the easy side, but I finished it a few days ago.

Was it just me, or did it seem the order of combat was often a roll of the dice?

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Ardent Fox wrote:Was it just me, or did it seem the order of combat was often a roll of the dice?
Wasn't just you. :mrgreen: Did you notice how the enemies usually take their turns all at once following the PC at the end of the lineup? I think it added a little bit more challenge to the game, but the enemy turn thing just doesn't seem right...
「まあいいけど。」

Bravo 29
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Bravo 29 »

Just got Nash and Mia in the party again after saving Vane from the giant lobster with a shell as hard as steel, or was it a giant zombie that dripped pus from its arms? Hee hee hee, that guy on Black Rose Street is such a nitwit, love it. Still playing, even if it takes time. Love character interactions. ^^;;;

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

I haven't finished yet... I actually stopped playing when I got FF....drops head in shame...

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

I sort of stoped playing too, im near the top of Damon's spire.
Im going to start playing it again any day now.