Shigema's Been Talking about the NA Release

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Shigema's Been Talking about the NA Release

Post by Shiva Indis »

http://twitter.com/shigema/status/9858634396 Shigema's been talking about the release on Twitter, here's translations.
Shigema's Twitter Feed wrote:I got word that the DS version Lunar is releasing tomorrow(?) in North America. My first North America landing in a while! That's really moving for me somehow. Do I have room to talk considering that I haven't searched for the official HP yet...? (pained laugh)

Lunar has always had active fans in America, and sometimes I recieve fan mail from them. (I can't read them since they're in English, though.) I'm really thankful for them. I hope we can use this game as a step to the next Lunar...

I was mistaken, the North America Lunar isn't DS. It's PSP. Hahaha... (sweat) I shouldn't mix those up. Sorry!

That's right, it's PSP. I'm sorry to everyone involved. We worked so hard debuging and cursing how difficult the development machines were to use, and then I up and forget... Sorry!

Augh, when I looked at the North America Lunar HP, the music made me cry. The piano jazz arangement is too wonderful. Iwadare-san did some great work... Seriously, tears... and it's thanks to all of you. Thank you so much.

Aha, so this is what the characters sound like in the North America version of Lunar! Mia-chan and Ghaleon-sama's voices are really good... Overall, the tone is lower than the Japanese version, isn't it? I see, I see.
Cheers to profuse apologies after mentioning Lunar DS. :P
「まあいいけど。」

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Re: Shigema's Been Talking about the NA Release

Post by Final Night »

That's pretty funny that he said DS. You think they would have obliterated any memory of those letters from their minds, haha.
† Final Night †

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

You would think he would know what system the game was on seeing as it only came out in Japan nearly three months ago. :P I wonder if he liked Jennifer Stigile's singing? Unfortunately the voice samples he listened to weren't all shown to their best ability for certain characters.

Monde Luna
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by Monde Luna »

Okay who has been sending Shigema the fan mail? =o)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Haha, he can't even read it. I wonder if there's a program the Japanese can use to turn English into Japanese. I'm sure it would become an unintelligible mess.

Lyriel
Lyton Singer

Post by Lyriel »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Haha, he can't even read it. I wonder if there's a program the Japanese can use to turn English into Japanese. I'm sure it would become an unintelligible mess.
Google has one. :P Though, as a former professional typist, I can imagine how painful it might be to manually type in an English letter on a Japanese keyboard...
One must only believe that the Light of Hope will always shine brightly.

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Lyriel wrote:
Silver Phoenix wrote:Haha, he can't even read it. I wonder if there's a program the Japanese can use to turn English into Japanese. I'm sure it would become an unintelligible mess.
Google has one. :P Though, as a former professional typist, I can imagine how painful it might be to manually type in an English letter on a Japanese keyboard...
My understanding is that the Japanese use more or less standard qwerty keyboards coupled with software that turns romanji into kana and kanji. In fact, I think all major East Asian languages work that way whilst typing.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

I can't read "HP" as meaning anything other than hit/health points or Hewlett-Packard. Someone enlighten me?

I don't see him mentioning Lunar Genesis at all, just mixing up the two current handhelds. He's the same guy who mentioned not owning a PSP earlier, isn't he? If he only sees it on dev machines, the actual platform isn't going to matter so much. Also, has their been there any indication that the Japanese devs dislike Lunar Genesis and would want to forget it?

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

HP=homepage I assume.
-G1

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Lyriel wrote:
There's a shift key to toggle between English characters and typing in romanized. Spacebar (like Microsoft's IME) switches between characters. It's actually rather easy once you get used to it; even Chinese isn't too bad to input.

Also, auto-translation software works pretty badly in both directions.
TAKE OFF EVERY ZIG. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

The chatter kept going over the weekend! http://twitter.com/shigema/statuses/10027577704 & http://twitter.com/shigema/statuses/10126258735
Shigema's Twitter Feed wrote:Wha!? I hurried out to check because I just got contacted by the producer, and PSP Lunar is 1st and 6th on American Amazon!? Wow... It may just be the initial rush, but I'm really grateful for the enthusiasm of all the American fans. Thank you, I'm impressed!

I'm so happy about the North America release of Lunar that my wife and I had a toast. Game development is never easy, but it's really a joy to receive fan support like this.

Everyone, thank you very much for the congratulations! Even the [Edit: company] president!? I'm suprised! It really wouldn't have happened without all of you. Thank you so much!

I really do recieve your requests for Lunar 2. Still, I can't make it happen on my own... But I'll work as hard as I can. Thank you very much!

Personally, what I want to make most is Lunar Zero. That is to say, I just want to write more about young Lemia... (laugh) Well, if it comes down to it there's always doujinshi.
Y'know, this almost makes it sound like this game is a success... 8-)
「まあいいけど。」

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Interesting that he want's to make a game about Lemia of all people... I'm intrigued.

And what president was he reffering to? Do they refer the Prime minister as "president" in japan?

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

WD RPG WD wrote:Interesting that he want's to make a game about Lemia of all people... I'm intrigued.

And what president was he reffering to? Do they refer the Prime minister as "president" in japan?
He'd have to be referring to the President of Game Arts, or something similar. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Yeah, company president. Probably Game Arts... I looked for more context but didn't come up with anything. Probably some members of the HoSS staff follow Shigema's feed, because that particular message seemed to be aimed at colleagues. (I thought it was interesting anyway.)

Going to edit the above post so it's a little more clear. :mrgreen:
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

If he is really intent on making a prequel with the Four Heroes I hope it doesn't leave Lunar 3 out in the far reaches of the universe once again of not happening. I think he wants to write more with Lemia, but not have an entire game based on her. I would hope not at least...

WD RPG WD
White Dragon Knight

Post by WD RPG WD »

Shiva, Why would Shigema be suprised that the President of Game Arts gave congradulations?

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I've been doing a little research and the president of Game Arts these days is the same as the president of Gung Ho, Kazuki Morishita. Perhaps that's the identity of the 'company president'. I can't speak to the business practices of Gung Ho and its subsidiaries, but just in my own experience I'd be surprised to get a personal message of any sort from my company's president. (Admittedly it's a flawed comparison, because Shigema runs his own business while I am a flunkie. :P )
「まあいいけど。」

ShindoW
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by ShindoW »

Eh.... Give me Lunar 2 portable and you can do whatever you want later.

I personally do not want some lame 4 heroes rendition. We've seen the ending, you know? None of the original 4 really interest me enough to make it sound different enough from another TSS rehash.

I'd also much rather have Lunar 3 set SOMETIME between SSS and EB or later with a few consistencies: brown haired hero and blue haired female with a blue dragon... Its obvious they should make at least the main 4 color dragons into games. XD Right?! lol

As far as prequels, something based on the Blue Star (also somewhat disappointing knowing that it gets destroyed, but playing as the ancient people just sounds fascinating) or a story about those 2 female dragonmasters sounds awesome... female dragon master!!! <3

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

As Shigema said, it's not up to him. I think Game Arts could see the benefit of an even better remake for Eternal Blue, and then a push for Lunar 3. However, that company doesn't like to take chances it seems unless they know it's a sure thing. One thing IS for sure, the fans would be there and new ones as well. Dragon Song was an error on their part for a poor product, so they have no one to blame but themselves if they lost out on revenue.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

See, they should have taken one of the Dragonmaster stories from the books of Vane for Lunar Genesis rather than making the story they did. And while I agree that I'd rather have EB remade or more importantly, Lunar 3, I've said all along since they first announced the Four Heroes prologue that I think they're setting up a Lunar 0.
-G1