Official "Got my copy" thread!

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Official "Got my copy" thread!

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I'm a fan of the removal of status ailments once the battle is over, because FF loved to leave you with the plague after battle.

Good to know that the dream isn't new, but it's still handled well I thought. I will try to get some pictures up for you later. Even though I have the shirts hanging in the closet they seem to have some wrinkles. Nothing major though. :)

Jasonb12
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Jasonb12 »

Got my copy a while ago. Starting it up right now!
"To live a life of power, you must have faith that what you believe is right, even if others tell you you're wrong. The first thing you must do to live a life of power is to find courage. You must be ready to reach beyond the boundaries of Time itself. And to do that, all you need is the will to take that first step..."

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Amazon surprised me and my copy arrived today instead of Monday! Yay! Its nice seeing the box be so big! Off to play it!
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

And... they're still holding mine for some reason. Adding insult to injury, they knocked 1$ off the price, but I'm not even getting that... yet they have yet to actually ship it out (rule of preorder on Amazon is if the price drops from order time to ship time, you get the lowest price). I know it's 1$, but it's the thought that counts.

*sigh*

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

fates wrote:And... they're still holding mine for some reason. Adding insult to injury, they knocked 1$ off the price, but I'm not even getting that... yet they have yet to actually ship it out (rule of preorder on Amazon is if the price drops from order time to ship time, you get the lowest price). I know it's 1$, but it's the thought that counts.

*sigh*
Man, that sucks. When did you place your order again?
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

First day it popped up.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

I was afraid to order it online because I didn't know if I'd have it on the release date, but instead I got tied up and didn't have time to buy it until today anyway.

A Lunar miracle happened tonight.

I went to Best Buy to pick up my copy and they were sold out. I've been going to this Best Buy since high school and they have never once been sold out of a game, limited edition or otherwise. If it came out within the week they had it, except now when a title I really want is out.

So I went across the street to the Gamestop which I really didn't want to do especially since last time I was there I had such a bad experience in not pre-ordering Bioshock 2.

They had 1 copy of the limited edition left and it was the display case copy. However, the clerk was very friendly and asked if I had pre-ordered, and when I said no she didn't give me any guff, just shrugged and went to get the game out of the cabinet. She showed me that it was all shrink wrapped, then said that she was supposed to put a sticker on it to seal it, but it's a pretty box and asked if I didn't want the sticker.

I was shocked at the consideration, and it is a pretty box... the foil reminds me of working designs, and it's not the same, but I still like it.

Anyway, after ringing me up she said "Thanks, have a good night." and that was it. Not "Thanks, do you want to pre-order [some game I don't care about]" or "Thanks, do you have/want our edge card" just thanks and good night. No hard sell of anything.

If this was any other chain store it would be a completely normal experience, but for Gamestop this was incredible. It was almost like shopping at a normal store.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

So you were given a sealed copy, or you bought the display box set? It's nice to know you were served by a human being, and not a retail GS bot.

WhiteKnightLeo
Red Dragon Priest

Post by WhiteKnightLeo »

Went back to gamestop today out of boredom and picked up another copy of the guide. I was pleased to say that they had several in stock. ^_^ Now if some unforeseen event happens on my trip to Florida I have another guide all sealed up and ready to go. I'll be tearing across the land of Lunar in a few hours from now ^_^

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

Silver Phoenix wrote:So you were given a sealed copy, or you bought the display box set? It's nice to know you were served by a human being, and not a retail GS bot.
The box was the display box, but the game, cards/bromides and soundtrack were sealed, and thankfully the box didn't get the clear sticker treatment.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Got my copy~!
by accident i posted about it in shipping soon and im to tired to care, or fix it at the moment ^^

On my way to pick up my game, i passes a sign or two for a ski resort (I think) called Silver Star, and passed the Silver Star hotel, I always smile when i see it ^^
LuNaRtIc wrote:Got mine! Pictures later!! I want reaction shots!!
EVERYONE POST PICTURES.
I WANT TO SEE YOUR FACES OVERWHELMED WITH GLEE!
I am too tired and too camera shy to take a happy picture

Im happy, you just cant see it ^^

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Mine arrived an hour and a half ago. I seriously was not expecting a courier to deliver it at 9pm.

Way too sleepy to put it in, though, which kind of sucks. At least my other deadline is mostly off my back so I should be able to get in some quality Lunar time this weekend.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Wow, that is a crazy late night delivery. Was it a UPS delivery?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Yeah, think so. I had basically given up on it for today. Still trying to muster up the energy but I think I'll just play a little more of the import if I do any playing tonight at all.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I've been playing extremely early in the a.m. because I'm stupid and stay up all night doing various things. I only made it into Saith at this point, so my progress is very slow going. Too many games splitting my focus.

I'll try to take those pictures of the Lunar shirts by this weekend, or maybe before I go to bed tonight if I'm not being lazy.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

If you take them before, say, 2015 you'll be on the fast side of my own typical timeframe. :P

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Hahaha, I think I can manage 2010 at the latest. :lol:

Vyse of Arcadia
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Vyse of Arcadia »

Finally! Mine was on the doorstep when I got home. Two days earlier than the estimate, but several days later than almost everyone else. Oh well.

Lunataks
Saith Pirate

Post by Lunataks »

Picked up Premium Edition at GameStop on 3/2

Downloaded PSN version last night.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Did you even open your premium edition? I'm curious if there is any difference in the loading times on the PSN download versus the UMD.