Game Arts Interview: Lunar 3 will "depend on the fans"

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Jenner
Dragonmaster
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Game Arts Interview: Lunar 3 will "depend on the fans"

Post by Jenner »

Zhane Masaki wrote:I say we of LUNAR-Net get out there and rally the fans all around the net to cry for one.
Last time we did that we got Lunar: Dragon Song. Epic punishment.

We've learned our lesson.
The Infamous Jenner!
Maker of Lists.
RIP Coley...
still adore you Kiz.

Kaiya-Sky
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Kaiya-Sky »

Jenner wrote:
Zhane Masaki wrote:I say we of LUNAR-Net get out there and rally the fans all around the net to cry for one.
Last time we did that we got Lunar: Dragon Song. Epic punishment.

We've learned our lesson.
We just have to Roar out Louder!
I don't think it could get any worse then Dragon song, and with the poor sales they probably learned their lesson, we will not tolerate horrible games that disgrace the Lunar name

Lunar3coming
Nanza Bandit

Post by Lunar3coming »

Aaron wrote:
Temzin wrote:
Kizyr wrote:More notably, there really isn't anyone left who counts at Game Arts to really make the Lunar 3 that fans might think they want. Studio Alex is bankrupt, and Miyaji left---they can still contact Shigema for scripts and Kubooka for art and Iwadare for music, but it's difficult to imagine the reconsistution of the actual Lunar team.
I think you hit the nail on the head with this statement. It really shows in this version of Lunar (SSH). Although I eagerly want a new Lunar. What I can't stand is seeing something get progressively worse.

I don't want another game that has all the lore and terminology of Lunar yet feels like any run of the mill JRPG.

I think the only direction for Lunar to go is to put it in the past. Lunar 3 just can't exist. I would really like a story on the Blue Star. I would love to see Zophar fleshed out and how the people went to Lunar. Just the whole era in general is interesting to me.

If it took place in the future then it would have to take into account Lucia...I for one don't think she will be dead. I don't know how they would handle a villain considering Zophar was destroyed. Maybe it could be political like, Lunar vs. The Blue Star.

Whatever they do they better do it within 2010. At least get it on the table, maybe some sort of confirmation of a 3rd Lunar or a Prequel. But if it did happen my guess would be an EB remake.

I think it's still possible to hope for a Lunar 3. I certainly do and this is one game I've been looking forward to for a long, long time... Now if they'll just announce it. Although, an EB remake is much more likely at this point.

sux2bme
Nanza Bandit

Post by sux2bme »

i would like a lunar prequel that involves succession of many dragonmasters ... we all know that dyne's "passing" was the longest gap that dragonmasters succeed another(i think 15 years), i would like a dragonmaster story where one dies at a battle for the Goddess althena, then another dragonmaster comes and then dies also, and then make the game like suikoden 3( the game where it lets you choose who you want to be the Flame champion) where every one of your party members can be candidates for dragonmasteral and it's up to the player who will decide which of those party member will be the DM, whether he is a warrior, mage, brawler, priest or whatever and that althena's sword will instead become a weapon of choice of the selected candidate of Dragonmasteral of the player... :idea:

damn lunar is the reason why i wanted to be a game developer before... :lol: