For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
TerraBemani
Student of Vane
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Re: Custom Firmware

Post by TerraBemani »

CHECK THIS OUT!

Why not just try to enjoy the game? *Gasp*

So much debating about this game on internet fourms and is anyone at least trying to enjoy the game? (Demo so far)

And yeah the battery life is better when you run games off the memory stick. This is how the Lunar SSH demo works and how the digital download version will.

Plus like this Lunar psp release, Sonic 4, Mega Man 9/10 for some people that's just like reliving your childhood for some people like me. (I'm 28) Getting to relive such awesome things in this day and age is a HUGE blessing and I love every second of it. Think about it that way too. It was 1999 when I was almost 18 that I traded in a bunch of n64 stuff at EB for Lunar SSSC on ps1. And I'm so so glad I did it. Wish I still had that and my sega cd versions too. Still have Lunar 2 EBC though.

Any more -Borgan- (Yeah I like the censored word here XD) and I pull out the Ghaleon punching puppet to destroy you all!! >:3 XD
Last edited by TerraBemani on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

Aaron wrote:Haha I love how Lunar Eclipse is calling SP a zealot when his comments were the ones that brought Vic to this thread: http://www.lunarthreads.com/viewtopic.p ... 2&start=45
Yes, it's clearly my fault that he randomly decided to show up when I made the same general comments about the lyrics that other people have also commented on in the past.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Much like Shiva, I bought a series 1 model DS just for Dragon Song. As for wanting to play SSH, have you read any of my posts Terra? I'm definitely cheerleading the game because I want people to enjoy it. Too many criticisms over a demo is ridiculous to me when the entire game is waiting to be experienced.

TerraBemani
Student of Vane

Post by TerraBemani »

Yeah that was just ment as a comment for the people doing nothing but complaining about the game.

I have nothing against anyone. Just would like to see a lot more people just enjoy the game.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

TerraBemani wrote:Yeah that was just ment as a comment for the people doing nothing but complaining about the game.

I have nothing against anyone. Just would like to see a lot more people just enjoy the game.
^This to the power of Megazord.

TerraBemani
Student of Vane

Post by TerraBemani »

DRAGONZORD!!!!!

*Plays dragon dagger as giant nall arises from the water*

XD

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Post by Kizyr »

Silver Phoenix wrote:No, that is your assumption of what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that as far as publishers are concerned, sometimes they don't feel as though it's worth the effort localizing a game if you're trying to sell to an erratic market. This shouldn't have any bearing on Game Arts decisions, because Dragon Song sold poorly and they still released another Lunar title.

My contention with you and Werefrog's comments was in regards to talking about people whining, and acting like I'm making it up. The whining does not only exist on NeoGaf, and I never even go to that site/forum to begin with. You seem to not realize that people also email XSEED with their whiny complaints en masse directly. Like I said, the detractors are always louder than the supporters. Trust me that I know what I'm talking about.
Neither me nor Werefrog indicated that we felt you were making things up. What we have said is that we've seen more far more positive than negative comments, and we don't see where you're getting the "whining fanboys" idea from. When both of us asked for clarification, your response was basically that you knew more than we did and you didn't want to go into it.

Now, that's fine. But, it's not an attempt to convince us of anything, so much as just saying that it's better to drop the point entirely, as you seem uninterested or unwilling to elaborate for us.

In regards to your first paragraph, that's exactly the reason I was asking you if my interpretation of what you said was correct. But, what is your basis for saying that this is an erratic market? (If you want to elaborate.)
Silver Phoenix wrote:I have seen supportive fans as well as the zealots, and in the end we can only hope people like the end result as much as they wanted to fight against it. I am not being emotional, just a bit frustrated that people feel the need to gang up on me over trivial things. Do I need to have a red or green highlighted name to get any respect on this site? Sometimes it seems that way.
No. I really believe there's something more problematic, since you do seem to get defensive even when someone is agreeing with you, or has a very minor disagreement (like here), or is merely asking you for clarification on what you said (like here). When you get frustrated over things like that, you can't really fault us for saying what we are (unless you're saying that no one here should even respond to your comments, which you're certainly not); in all these cases, the only commonality is how you are responding, not how others are responding to you.

Really, I'm worried. 'Cause you're one of the longtime Lunar fans, from "back in the day", and I don't recall anything like this previously. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Erratic in the sense of purchasing trends for the current market which means both the traditional fan base (possibly not wanting to buy another remake) and a new audience that is more likely to spend money on a bigger franchise that is more marketable.

As for my responses, sometimes I misunderstand the nature of the response and I'm certainly not the only one. Of course if a singular person has an opposing view, and then another, and another, it becomes a situation of being ganged up on for no other reason for having an opinion or a different view. You have to expect that I'm going to be on the defensive, because some people make a habit of portraying the "I'm more right than you" elitist attitude and enjoy fanning the flames so to speak to further their support. Sometimes this site feels more like a clique than a community in the way certain groups of people respond.

I can tell when someone is having that time of the month, or an off day just by the way they respond to things. I'm sure people may think the same thing of something I post because life has a way of wiggling itself into communication online as well.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

That's a worst case scenario where unwarranted criticism reaches that far. You do realize how many idiots were going apesh*t over something as trivial as a demo, right? Lynch mobs form fast, and it's actually shocking how some people react. It can make any publisher second guess if it's worth putting the time and money into a fancentric series.

Imagine if Square Enix gave the Final Fantasy series to another company because they wanted to focus on new properties. Of course it wouldn't happen, but imagine if it did. That is a far larger fanbase with major extremism. Hello, have you watched Final Fan-tasy Real?

Joshifer
Meribian Merchant

Post by Joshifer »

well my UMD Drive is busted. so i gotta wait for the Digital download. but the problem is i tried transfering DLC from my PS3 to my PSP and it wont run, soooo i guess i gotta get a new PSP which isnt modded. and buy the UMD or Digital Download. they should make it so you can play it either on the PS3 or PSP that would so rock. Lunar HoSS 40 inch 1080P FTW!. hmm does anyone know if those Cables that allow you to play your PSP on a tv are HD? (i know they do 420P but thats blah)
I Dream of a better world. A World where Chickens can Cross Roads without having their motives questioned!.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

If you have a 2000 or 3000 slim model you can use Component Cables for your PSP, but the TV has to support Progressive Scan (480p, 720p, 1080p). If you have a Fat 1000 you can use composite cables, but there was some varying reports saying that only videos would display and not games.

I have Component Cables for my PSP, and I have a 1080p Plasma. The picture is not going to be as sharp as on the PSP screen because you're stretching the image. It still looks good though. Some people also use their computer monitor if it has component inputs.

localflick
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by localflick »

well my UMD Drive is busted. so i gotta wait for the Digital download. but the problem is i tried transfering DLC from my PS3 to my PSP and it wont run, soooo i guess i gotta get a new PSP which isnt modded. and buy the UMD or Digital Download. they should make it so you can play it either on the PS3 or PSP that would so rock. Lunar HoSS 40 inch 1080P FTW!. hmm does anyone know if those Cables that allow you to play your PSP on a tv are HD? (i know they do 420P but thats blah)
PSX games work with the ps3. I actually ended up with 2 psps. One is full of dlc from the PSN store and the other has custom firmware and old games I've had forever (all in 1 device huzzah!). My brother has a ps3 and we share a playstation network account because he's younger and doesn't have a credit card, plus the games are licensed for up to 5 psps. He can play the psx titles we have through the ps3 (sorry, I don't know the details of how, I've just stopped in while he was playing them) but the psp titles like Lunar Silver Star Harmony don't work that way. You need the cables like Silver Phoenix described.

Custom firmware rocks for emulators and I use mine primarily for older games, and the psx versions of Lunar 1 and 2, but piracy is ruining things. Sony's VP talked a bit about how they're trying new things to prevent piracy, and, as far as I know anyway, no one's been able to build cfw for a PSPGo so they're probably on the right track: http://www.industrygamers.com/news/psp- ... ises-sony/