XSEED Blogs Lunar

Post by Monde Luna »

Check it out it is quite amusing. http://xseedgames.blogspot.com/

They mention the crazy hardcore lunar fans as well. :twisted:

Alunissage
Goddess

Re: XSEED Blogs Lunar

Post by Alunissage »

Also mentioned is that their translator "dwarfs even the most dedicated fans in his passion/knowledge of this game." I find this unlikely. :P

I'm also puzzled at the scenario writer being called Shigematsu, as every indication I've gotten from people who speak the language is that that "tsu" should not be there. It looks like an overly literal translation of that last syllable. There's probably a years-old post by Shiva Indis on this forum somewhere about it.

I must say it's nice to see my analysis of the origins of Mel's surname confirmed at last after over a decade. Of course, it would be even better Alex's surname came from his mother's side of the family, making Lunar more uniformly matrilineal.

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

Yeah, I saw the Facebook update about this pop up. Pretty cool. It's very good to have a publisher that is open and willing to communicate in some form other than empty prepared statements.
† Final Night †

MaroonChan
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by MaroonChan »

Hmmm, rather interesting read. Rather amusing too.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Hmm, kind of reminds me of a former company with overzealous fanboys/girls that like to burn people at the stake for anything different. Nice to see XSEED is really placing this localization in high regard, and a lot of the changes in text are intelligent decisions.

I think Lunar has found it's new home, whether you like it or not.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

Alunissage wrote:Also mentioned is that their translator "dwarfs even the most dedicated fans in his passion/knowledge of this game." I find this unlikely. :P
Well, if their translator passed the level 1 JLPT s/he's more qualified than I am. ^_^
Alunissage wrote:I'm also puzzled at the scenario writer being called Shigematsu, as every indication I've gotten from people who speak the language is that that "tsu" should not be there.
I'm pretty sure Kei Shigema is his pen name and his real name's Keisuke Shigematsu. WD refered to him as Keisuke Shigematsu in their manual/guidebooks.

Last I checked Wikipedia, the SSSC article assumed they were two different people. :roll:

Awesome tidbits on the blog too, somewhat at odds with older stuff, but that's okay. I think Shigema's habit of changing his story only makes the series more fun. :mrgreen:
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Yes, because we all know Wikipedia is the source for all things factual. :roll: :roll: I had to double up with you, Shiva. 8-)

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Shiva Indis wrote:
Alunissage wrote:Also mentioned is that their translator "dwarfs even the most dedicated fans in his passion/knowledge of this game." I find this unlikely. :P
Well, if their translator passed the level 1 JLPT s/he's more qualified than I am. :P
I didn't mean languagewise, I meant in terms of passion/knowledge. :mrgreen:
Alunissage wrote:I'm also puzzled at the scenario writer being called Shigematsu, as every indication I've gotten from people who speak the language is that that "tsu" should not be there.
I'm pretty sure Kei Shigema is his pen name and his real name's Keisuke Shigematsu. WD refered to him as Keisuke Shigematsu in their manual/guidebooks.
Huh. Now I really need to find who I had that conversation with. I was sure it was you.
Awesome tidbits on the blog too, somewhat at odds with older stuff, but that's okay. I think Shigema's habit of changing his story only makes the series more fun. :mrgreen:
Yeah, I liked that too. Though I wonder now whether we should stick with Saria or Thalia as the English version of Alex's mother's name, since it was Thalia in Legend. I guess we'll have to see if she's ever called by name in this game. Similarly, I kind of wish they'd stuck with Noah instead of Noa for consistency, but I suppose most US Lunar fans never knew about the surnames anyway.

I had already recorded all the item description changes and such, of course. Wonder if anything more obscure like battle calculations will show up... that stuff's a lot harder to figure out from the outside.

Lunar Eclipse
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Lunar Eclipse »

That was actually a pretty interesting read. Really enjoyable! I'm still not certain that Fornacheron is necessary since terms like "athenor" already exist that can help alleviate the silliness of "magic furnace", but regardless, it's nice to see the company take such a genuine interest in the game.
Let those who war with life forfeit their own! -- Mareg, Grandia II

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

On the subject of Mia's boobs, the blog wrote:Funny enough that's actually directly from the Japanese website description for her. No, seriously.
Not that I doubted them, but OMG they're right. The Japanese official site say Mia has 巨乳, and as a search string that makes for a NSFW Google image search. :lol:
「まあいいけど。」

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

That one I didn't doubt. It's mentioned in one of the interviews Temzin translated that she had the biggest bust. At least, I think that's where it's mentioned; I know I have that information somewhere.

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I keep posting these little notes in here... ^_^ Anyway.

I found a good source on how Kei Shigema = Keisuke Shigematsu over on the Gekkou website's company description page.
■代表
代表取締役 重松敬介
Or... Representative:
Representative Director Keisuke Shigematsu
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I think removing the "h" from Noah is unnecessary, regardless of it being recognized as a first name. That would be like removing "s" from James to make it Jame even though it can be a last name.

Unnecessary changes are Unnecessary! Well at least the last name is Nao, as in "I want it NAO!" Who comes up with this net shi+?

Sonic#
Pao Tribe Chieftain

Post by Sonic# »

One time I pretended that I knew someone with Mia's measurements. I had no clue what the measurements meant, I only knew that she was the prettiest to me at the time. They said she had to be a supermodel. O_o
Sonic#

"Than seyde Merlion, "Whethir lyke ye bettir the swerde othir the scawberde?" "I lyke bettir the swerde," seyde Arthure. "Ye ar the more unwyse, for the scawberde ys worth ten of the swerde; for whyles ye have the scawberde uppon you, ye shall lose no blood, be ye never so sore wounded. Therefore kepe well the scawberde allweyes with you." --- Le Morte Darthur, Sir Thomas Malory

"Just as you touch the energy of every life form you meet, so, too, will will their energy strengthen you. Fail to live up to your potential, and you will never win. " --- The Old Man at the End of Time