For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
KnightofAncient
Saith Pirate
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Website is up and its contents.

Post by KnightofAncient »

The website is finally up. http://www.lunarsilverstarharmony.com

Voice clips,story,some wallpapers.

Biggest surprise is the background music. I dont want to spoil it. *HAVE THE SPEAKERS UP* Im not kidding. It answers a question asked in a previous thread.

Let the excitement ensue.
Last edited by KnightofAncient on Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:48 am, edited 3 times in total.

Siazair
Student of Vane

Re: Website is up and its contents.

Post by Siazair »

Holy hell!

fates
Red Dragon Priest

Post by fates »

From the samples, I'm fairly certain Alex is Yuri Lowenthall.

Sagagadego'09
Saith Pirate

Post by Sagagadego'09 »

the demo is up on the usa pstore! omg grabs!

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I'm very impressed with that song. I think it improves upon WD's version actually.

And holy crap, that's a nice website! I would have killed to have had all those assets to work with when I put mine together! I'll be grabbing that demo ASAP.
-G1

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

G1, is it improper to ask for help in obtaining said Demo >.> I don't mean to be rude but it's kinda, difficult for me to obtain it. If you don't want that stuff on L-net though I'll delete the post the moment I get a chance to

Sagagadego'09
Saith Pirate

Post by Sagagadego'09 »

download media go, its free no need for a ps3

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

The lyrics are verrrrry different, so it kind of throws you off when you're used to the original. You can't listen to any audio clips yet, and they will also be putting up outtakes.

I've never downloaded anything onto my PSP before, so do I have to register my PSP through the PS3 first in order to download from PSN? I'm not sure how to go about downloading Media Go into the PSP, and if it's worth taking up the space.

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

well, the problem I have specifically is the fact my PSP is hacked. It requires a update to run but I don't want to lose the emulation I've got...

Sagagadego'09
Saith Pirate

Post by Sagagadego'09 »

umm the media go is for the computer. and the voice clips work for me.

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

Can you tell me how to download it without having a PSP hooked up? I hook up mine and it won't download the demo without having the PSP updated.

Sagagadego'09
Saith Pirate

Post by Sagagadego'09 »

sorry, i know jack squat about custom firmware, sorry

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

You have to be more specific. You can only hear the audio clips if you go to the Characters page. The Multimedia section doesn't have active files yet aside from Wallpapers.

Now as for the characters....

I'm not sure if I like Luna's VA, but we'll have to see. Most people may piss and moan about Ghaleon not being voiced by John Truitt. However, I think Ghaleon's voice actor is perfect for him and he exemplifies what Ghaleon SHOULD sound like in this version. He has a regal and austere voice which fits more with this representation of Ghaleon during the Four Heroes era and after.

I really hope this ushers in a wide new audience for Lunar, and shows GameArts that it's time to get the ball rolling.

KnightofAncient
Saith Pirate

Siazair wrote:Can you tell me how to download it without having a PSP hooked up? I hook up mine and it won't download the demo without having the PSP updated.
You have to wait until someone extracts it and converts it to a ISO so you can download it from your PC and copy it to your psp through a USB Port. Even with downloading it in a ISO format there is still some decrypting to happen. I know the programs but I dont know the process you have to go through.
Last edited by KnightofAncient on Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Siazair
Student of Vane

Post by Siazair »

Ok, I'll be looking then! thanks :3

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

One off-topic question, but was there a removable plastic film covering the PSP screen when you got yours? I only ask this because I noticed some scratches on my new silver PSP that I got in the Gran Turismo bundle. I thought that maybe there was a film covering it that had scratch marks on it, but I think it's the actual screen itself.

Now I'm going to have to return it to get a replacement.
Last edited by Silver Phoenix on Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Temzin
Black Dragon Wizard

Post by Temzin »

The dubbed song is...quite good. I did not know that was possible outside of Working Designs. The actors are another story, though...that's a pretty painfully off Luna. Heh, and curse you, Silver Phoenix, you got your wish---an English take on Yanada's boring Ghaleon as opposed to Naya's sneering Ghaleon! I guess it's "accurate" in that sense, though SSS remains one of the only games I'd ever enjoy playing particularly in English because WD had applied the "corrective" of Truitt, who recalled the Naya that I'd wished had played SSS Ghaleon...
aka Maou

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

There was no "wish," and I like John Truitt as Ghaleon. We only heard a snippet of the voice acting, so there may be some surprises in how context changes the voice during certain segments.

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

I agree with the new dubbed opening sounding a bit odd at first but nicely done (except for one beat I think they squeezed into too quickly...I believe the word was "magic"). The voices don't seem too bad to me from those quick snippets. I kinda like Alex and Luna so far. Nall seems a little iffy so far. Nash is ok. Mia sounds just right as does Jessica. Kyle..meh. A more piratey Mel made me laugh. Lemia sounds good and Ghaleon is ok so far. I'm really interested to hear Ghaleon later on (*wink wink*) as well as Quark...

EDIT - Just realized (duh!) that the opening song on the website is the super long extended edition. Nice!
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

KnightofAncient
Saith Pirate

liquidpolicenaut wrote:I agree with the new dubbed opening sounding a bit odd at first but nicely done (except for one beat I think they squeezed into too quickly...I believe the word was "magic"). The voices don't seem too bad to me from those quick snippets. I kinda like Alex and Luna so far. Nall seems a little iffy so far. Nash is ok. Mia sounds just right as does Jessica. Kyle..meh. A more piratey Mel made me laugh. Lemia sounds good and Ghaleon is ok so far. I'm really interested to hear Ghaleon later on (*wink wink*) as well as Quark...
Yup, the word magic near the ending of the song. I dont know at first I thought that the singer went out of tune and made a mispitched note. But its definitely a beat. To much time between the word before magic and magic.

As for VA's Nash needs some getting used to. Kyle, I dont know, I think it was the line Xseed chose for the site. Im excited to hear Ghaleon in the prologue and in the game. Jessica was good.