Thought

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Angelalex242
Legendary Hero
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Thought

Post by Angelalex242 »

I mentioned this elsewhere, but do you think they'll link the events of Dragon Song into this version of the game? Will they, for example, mention Jian and Ignatious in the list of Dragonmasters in the Vane Library?
Don't blame me, Lucia promised me lots of snuggles and cuddles if I would be her PR guy.

Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)

Re: Thought

Post by Kizyr »

Angelalex242 wrote:I mentioned this elsewhere, but do you think they'll link the events of Dragon Song into this version of the game? Will they, for example, mention Jian and Ignatious in the list of Dragonmasters in the Vane Library?
SPOILER
Nope, they didn't.
END SPOILER
KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Thus, another reason as to how Dragon Song doesn't really exist.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Kizyr wrote:
Angelalex242 wrote:I mentioned this elsewhere, but do you think they'll link the events of Dragon Song into this version of the game? Will they, for example, mention Jian and Ignatious in the list of Dragonmasters in the Vane Library?
SPOILER
Nope, they didn't.
END SPOILER
KF
Would you feel better if XSeed added one?

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

DevNall wrote:Would you feel better if XSeed added one?
I feel better the less that DS is acknowledged. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

I haven't played Dragon Song yet (hopefully starting today), but I guess I would have liked to see them mention it. I understand that the game mechanics are pretty poor and there might be a few story inconsistencies, but I'd rather have Dragonmasters mentioned rather than just having this game sit as some anomaly in Lunar lore.
† Final Night †

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Final Night wrote:I haven't played Dragon Song yet (hopefully starting today), but I guess I would have liked to see them mention it. I understand that the game mechanics are pretty poor and there might be a few story inconsistencies, but I'd rather have Dragonmasters mentioned rather than just having this game sit as some anomaly in Lunar lore.
I think your reasoning might be because you haven't played it yet. Once you play it, you may find yourself agreeing that it should just sit as some anomaly in Lunar lore {^^}

Seriously, though, I do get where you're coming from. Just having some fun. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Well Lunar Magic School has more right to somehow b.s. it's way into Lunar canon, just because it's a better game. Dragon Song is too far removed from the style of the series, and it's Lunar in name only. First of all, a pink haired Althena?

Final Night
Red Dragon Priest

Post by Final Night »

Kizyr wrote:
Final Night wrote:I haven't played Dragon Song yet (hopefully starting today), but I guess I would have liked to see them mention it. I understand that the game mechanics are pretty poor and there might be a few story inconsistencies, but I'd rather have Dragonmasters mentioned rather than just having this game sit as some anomaly in Lunar lore.
I think your reasoning might be because you haven't played it yet. Once you play it, you may find yourself agreeing that it should just sit as some anomaly in Lunar lore {^^}

Seriously, though, I do get where you're coming from. Just having some fun. KF
Started it today, not even through Thieves Woods' yet...... this isn't going to be easy to complete! Very hard to play Dragon Song after completing the HoSS demo.

Maybe you were right. :lol:
† Final Night †

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

I still think the very premise of the story could have made for a good handheld RPG. It was just executed as poorly as possible, ripping out any heart the series had. Like I've said before, Vane was supposed to exist in this game, but doesn't. Ignoring all gameplay and other issues with the game, the basic story could have been good. There was just a severe lack of any character development, and lacked character interactions that made other LUNAR games so good. But at least the series didn't end on that note.
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

You can do it. Don't forget to hold down the right (or left?) shoulder button to speed up battles. The characters are on auto-pilot once you choose your attacks. Also, cards are your friend. Use them wisely.