Misc Changes (spoilers likely)

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
Kizyr
Keeper of Knowledge (probationary)
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

Misc Changes (spoilers likely)

Post by Kizyr »

I thought I'd start up a general thread about changes/additions in the game. Please mark any major spoilers before posting them.

To begin: did the people of Meryod ever mention which Dragonmaster stopped the river to build their town? In SSH, they say it was Iron Fist Loka; but I can't remember if they mentioned this much in SSS. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Re: Misc Changes (no major spoilers, maybe minor ones)

Post by GhaleonOne »

I don't remember that at all. But then, I haven't played SSSC or TSS in quite some time.
-G1

Shiva Indis
White Dragon Knight

Post by Shiva Indis »

I've been using Saturn playthrough videos on Niconico to compare stuff, but that tends not to work on non-plot-progressing dialog like this. Similarly, there was some dialog from the Blue Dragon that seemed too specific about Lemia's personality to not be new, but seems like it will require me to play the game myself to be certain.

One new little thing: Laike's last few lines at the end of the game are voiced. On a related note, Akio Ohtsuka is awesome. :mrgreen:
「まあいいけど。」

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Alun may know, but I don't recall an Iron Fist Loka or a reference to a Dragonmaster stopping the river to build the town. Again, since I haven't played either game in ages I am rusty on the history.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Alun may know, but I don't recall an Iron Fist Loka or a reference to a Dragonmaster stopping the river to build the town. Again, since I haven't played either game in ages I am rusty on the history.
The Dragonmaster stopping the river was definitely in SSS. The only new part (I suspect) is the mention of the specific Dragonmaster that did it. KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I only played SSS and Legend once and that was so long ago it's hard to remember non-event text from NPC's or random bookcase text. I'd have to hook up my PSOne to access my PS memory card and warp to Meryod just to check. It's a shame I can't just use the memory card adaptor for PS2 games onto the PS3 even though it's a PS memory card.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

To be honest, I haven't played that part of any version of the game since whenever I got to it in Legend, so I don't remember. I pretty much stopped my detailed playthrough of SSSC once I really got going on HSS (which has now been put on hold for Spirit Tracks...).

I do remember the Blue Dragon mistaking Mia for her mother, as seems to happen in HSS also. I don't remember if he said much about Lemia's personality; I mainly remember him saying that Alicia and Laticia called him the Babbling Blue Dragon. I thought I saw their Japanese names in that scene too, but maybe I'm thinking of one of the books, or something. The LNet screenshots might have this stuff. Not quite up to checking it right now as I haven't slept in 30 hours due to a work deadline. >_<

The book in the Vane library that mentions the Dragonmasters seemed to mention fewer of them, too. But again I may be misremembering or not reading very well. My HSS notes are in at least three different locations, so it's harder to check than it should be.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Damn, in the voice of the Gauntlet narrator "Alunissage needs sleep badly!"

So Spirit Tracks must be pretty good if it derailed you from Lunar. I wasn't a big fan of Phantom Hourglass, so how are you liking ST in comparison?

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Well, it has a couple of unfair advantages in that it's both completely new to me and in a language I actually read. =) Plus being a game that my best IRL gaming friend and my sister are playing too, if I ever found time to gab with them about it. On the other hand, it requires both hands all the time and headphones to a far greater extent than pretty much any other Zelda I can think of offhand, so it's harder to play in odd moments (like when I'm on hold) and I can't do anything else while playing it. Anyway, I'm liking it well enough. I do wish the fetch quests (that is, the lugging freight and passengers around) didn't take so long, and I hate getting trapped by the other trains. There also seem to be a lot fewer healing items; the pots and such don't seem to refill unless you actually leave the dungeon entirely. It's also glitched on me a couple of times, which is not something I associate with Zelda games unless you're actually trying to use glitches.

Playing the pan flute is kind of awkward because one's hand holding the flute up gets in the way of the airstream to the microphone. On the other hand, when I'm on public transport I don't need to use the mike at all because background noise picks it up. This was kind of handy sometimes with the Whirlwind since I was basically just using it by pressing L.

I'm getting more detailed than I really should take the time to be. I wouldn't rank it (thus far; I've got the Spirit Temple back together but haven't gone into it since doing that fourth temple) with the top couple tiers of Zelda games, but it's enjoyable enough, and the dungeons, though few, have had some fun/maddening puzzles and mechanics. I find myself nostalgic for a bunch of things from Phantom Hourglass, though.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

I am not a fan of the gimmicks that are employed in the DS games. I still like Wind Waker better than the DS versions, because it was just more fun for me to play. Of course I haven't played Spirit Tracks so if I do get it maybe I'll like it more than PH, but as you've mentioned the flute playing seems annoying.

Give me a 2D ALttP remake or new game and I'll be happy. I prefer a full story driven game like Lunar, and can understand how it's easier to play something like Zelda when you understand the language.

GhaleonOne
Ghost From The Past

Post by GhaleonOne »

SP, have you tried Twilight Princess? I know it's gameplay is akin to Ocarina, but it felt more like ALttP than other Zelda's to me. Probably due to the dual world system, but I absolutely loved it. Second only to ALttP, and it almost beats even that. (keep in mind ALttP was my favorite game until Eternal Blue came out)
-G1

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

You know, I have Twilight Princess for the Gamecube and I barely played much of it. I think the last place I was in was Kakariko and I was about to face the Gorons. I did not like OoT because I am a traditionalist as far as the Zelda games go. I don't know why I got sidetracked and went on to other things, but for some reason I don't find myself going back to play it.

Of course now it's going to look like crap playing it on my Plasma through the Wii. I always meant to go back to it but I probably didn't want to invest the time. Hopefully some day soon I can return to it before the graphics whore in me goes on to play newer releases.

I would die for a top down HD Zelda game with good classic tunes.

DevNall
Blue Dragon Ninja

Post by DevNall »

Silver Phoenix wrote:I did not like OoT because I am a traditionalist as far as the Zelda games go.
I feel this way; I didn't enjoy the N64 titles. However, I did like Wind Waker and Twilight Princess was amazing.
GhaleonOne wrote:but it felt more like ALttP than other Zelda's to me. Probably due to the dual world system, but I absolutely loved it.
I agree with this -- Twilight Princess bears a lot of resemblence to LttP.

Alunissage
Goddess

Post by Alunissage »

Really? I didn't get anything like that from Twilight Princess. But then, I just didn't like it much. Even though I got it at launch, I didn't finish it until four months later, or something like that. I'll try again sometime with the GC version, which I think I'll have a better time with.

Kizyr

Post by Kizyr »

This is not a Zelda thread! KF
~Kizyr (they|them)

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Silver Phoenix wrote: I'd have to hook up my PSOne to access my PS memory card and warp to Meryod just to check. It's a shame I can't just use the memory card adaptor for PS2 games onto the PS3 even though it's a PS memory card.
Wait, are you trying to copy a PSOne save file onto the PS3's hard drive via the PS2 Memory Card adapter? If so, you CAN do that actually....
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Are you sure? The PS2 memory cards are thinner and the original PS cards were thicker so I didn't know if it would read them. I never play any PS games on my PS3 because they look like crap and I never bothered to try a card dump.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

This is not a Zelda thread! KF
We got off track, the Spirit Track. But somehow it will take us back to Caldor Isle and excessive loading between screens. Feel better now?

liquidpolicenaut
Red Dragon Priest

Post by liquidpolicenaut »

Silver Phoenix wrote:Are you sure? The PS2 memory cards are thinner and the original PS cards were thicker so I didn't know if it would read them. I never play any PS games on my PS3 because they look like crap and I never bothered to try a card dump.
Yup, I'm sure. As a matter of fact, I just transferred some Lunar and Snatcher saves over to my PS3 harddrive since that specific memory card has been giving me issues lately....
Visit my Youtube site!!
LiquidPolicenauts YouTube Videos

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Good to know. I may opt to do a data dump if I ever decide to play a PS1 game on my system.