PSP GO question and Lunar

For discussion of Lunar: Silver Star Harmony, the PSP remake of Lunar 1
moonblade
Meryod Yokel
jedwabna poszewka na poduszkę 70x80

PSP GO question and Lunar

Post by moonblade »

Hey does anyone know if the new Lunar game will be available for the PSP Go on its release date? or do I have to wait for them to convert it over after the release date? I am not sure how new games are released on the PSP Go.

I am probably going to get the collectors edition for my psp 1000 but I would rather play and download it on the PSP go :).

thanks in advance

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Re: PSP GO question and Lunar

Post by Silver Phoenix »

Hopefully there will be a simultaneous release but XSEED hasn't supplied any information on the digital download release of the game. You may want to send them an email to get a better answer.

http://www.xseedgames.com

Elrond
Saith Pirate

Post by Elrond »

I don't know if this has been answered yet somewhere else on the forum, but I sent an email to XSEED and this is the response I got:
Hello,

Yes, the current plan is to release a downloadable version of Lunar: Silver Star Story through the PSN store the same time the UMD becomes available at retail stores.

I hope that helps answer your question.

Ken @ XSEED Games
I guess this means I can go ahead and stop waiting and buy a PSP-Go now, 'cause I hate UMDs. :lol:
Interesting that Ken called the game SSS rather than SSH. :P

ilovemyguitar
Legendary Hero

Post by ilovemyguitar »

Just FYI, you can download games from the PSN on any model PSP. You just need a big enough memory stick to hold it. No need to shell out for a pricey Go! model to avoid UMDs.

Silver Phoenix
Bromide Hunter

Post by Silver Phoenix »

While the GO is smaller, it also has a better screen if you really feel justified in it's purchase. Some people may prefer the control layout as well. There is also a company working on designing a UMD add-on for the PSP Go.

moonblade
Meryod Yokel

Post by moonblade »

Yup got the same email last night.

Hello,

Yes, the current plan is to release Lunar: Silver Star Harmony on the PSN store at the same time as the UMD release. We will announce more details as the date approaches.

Ken @ XSEED Games

------
I got both the PSP go and PSP1000. Either way I was going to get it, but would rather play it on my PSP Go. I will end up probably getting it for both :). Play it on the PSP go and get the special edition for the PSP1000.

-moonblade